IGNORED

Looking forward to Rovers promotion to League One!

Curr Avon

20 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

If you had said 10 yrs ago FGR would be in the same league as Sunderland, Derby, Sheff W etc you would have be called insane. League One is mental, and probably the hardest league to get out of.

Bristol Rovers found it pretty easy to get out of ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I, for one, look forward to FGR's progress: Condemning, as it does, the Gas to being the third best team in Gloucestershire. 

(For carnivores mysteriously annoyed by the presence of vegetarians in the world, you can eat elsewhere you know. Buying a pie at football isn't compulsory. I've never eaten at the Gate) 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Proper bizarre behaviour from people disliking a club purely because they dare to do things differently. People whinge endlessly at veggies for moaning but then moan themselves the one time in their lives that they can't buy a fooking meat pie.

I hope they go up and score so many goals against the sags that they can't fit it in on the scoreboard.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

If you had said 10 yrs ago FGR would be in the same league as Sunderland, Derby, Sheff W etc you would have be called insane. League One is mental, and probably the hardest league to get out of.

Having not paid much attention to L1 I was shocked a couple of weeks ago to look at the table for who we may be playing next year to see Wigan, Rotherham, MK Dons, Wycombe and Plymouth all in the top 7 with other clubs like Ipswich, Charlton, Portsmouth and Sunderland lagging behind (and Wednesday but that’s obviously changed now).

Tough division.

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Having not paid much attention to L1 I was shocked a couple of weeks ago to look at the table for who we may be playing next year to see Wigan, Rotherham, MK Dons, Wycombe and Plymouth all in the top 7 with other clubs like Ipswich, Charlton, Portsmouth and Sunderland lagging behind (and Wednesday but that’s obviously changed now).

Tough division.

It really really is, which is why we should do everything we can to not be anywhere near it.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Proper bizarre behaviour from people disliking a club purely because they dare to do things differently. People whinge endlessly at veggies for moaning but then moan themselves the one time in their lives that they can't buy a fooking meat pie.

I hope they go up and score so many goals against the sags that they can't fit it in on the scoreboard.

I don't like how they treat away fans personally

• Like 1

I’m certainly looking forward to it. 
I’ve attended about 8 or 9 FGR games this season and I actually really enjoy the experience up there. 
Since moving out of Bedminster 6 years ago, FGR are technically my local team now, and I’ve been willing them to do well. 
I’m usually quite impartial / neutral when I visit, but on Monday, when Jamille scored the 2nd to pretty much secure promotion, I did find myself cheering the goal almost as much as I would do a City goal. So I do kinda feel invested in them a bit more now. 

It’s actually the one thing that is making me delay in my City season ticket renewal. Living so far out now, getting to and from Ashton Gate is a bit of a mare, plus my wife has to work Saturday evenings now so I need to be home by 5:30pm. This means a huge rush to get out of the ground and home and not being able to see mates after the game etc, whereas a trip to Nailsworth means I can park 3 minute walk away and be home by 5:15pm with no bother. 

I might end up waiting for the fixtures lists to come out and decide whether I buy an ST for City or for FGR. This year, the home Saturday games tended to coincide. If they are on alternate weeks next season I might even buy an ST for both. 

• Like 4