IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

On 18/05/2022 at 12:08, Davefevs said:

With O’Dowda gone too, you could argue there is a gap in the squad waiting to be filled.  I’m a bit disappointed I didn’t have him on my long list.  In my defence my “wide forward and attacking midfielders” list has Twine, Ogbene, Scully, Rudoni and Wiles (who’s more of a midfielder than forward).

edit: Rotherham have exercised Ogbene’s option.

He should be very high up our list if Semenyo goes in January…and even higher in the summer!

• Like 1

I dont post often these days re transfers...however...I was told today by someone who I trust because of his connections with agents and scouts for big clubs, is that Bournemouth have recently enquired about Semenyo and Scott...interested in both apparently.

I guess a lot of teams have made similar enquires. 

Who knows. But I trust this source. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Philly The Kid said:

If Toney gets a ban why not Brentford?
Both similar in styles though not necessarily like for like. That said, there is obviously a difference in quality with Toney being established and Antoine just potential at this stage.
If I was a betting man I could see this happening... ?

I was thinking this earlier when I saw Brentford are after a striker. 

Brentford like to sign players from outside the prem. Semenyo will be available for not a huge fee due to having 18 months less. 

10 hours ago, Philly The Kid said:

If Toney gets a ban why not Brentford?
Both similar in styles though not necessarily like for like. That said, there is obviously a difference in quality with Toney being established and Antoine just potential at this stage.
If I was a betting man I could see this happening... ?

Um because semenyo is over rated 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I was thinking this earlier when I saw Brentford are after a striker. 

Brentford like to sign players from outside the prem. Semenyo will be available for not a huge fee due to having 18 months less. 

Since getting to the prem, a lot of their business is conducted overseas, in particular Denmark. 

Youssef Poulsen (Leipzig) is one who suits the profile that they look for.

• Like 1

In terms of cost and comparables- I don't know much about him but I see George Hall is linked with Leeds from Birmingham for £15m in January.

How does this compare worth wise with say Semenyo- or are such comparisons a bit subjective and pointless.

Sofascore says he is an 18 year old midfielder, 1 goal and 1 assist this season so far. Perhaps he has significant potential?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In terms of cost and comparables- I don't know much about him but I see George Hall is linked with Leeds from Birmingham for £15m in January.

How does this compare worth wise with say Semenyo- or are such comparisons a bit subjective and pointless.

Sofascore says he is an 18 year old midfielder, 1 goal and 1 assist this season so far. Perhaps he has significant potential?

He played well against us earlier this season.

1 minute ago, lenred said:

A headline link to The Athletic on Instagram says that Semenyo is one of four signings ‘expected’ at Bournemouth this window.  I don’t subscribe to it so can’t give any further details, but maybe someone who does who can investigate further? 

851AB6CA-5CD6-443B-8FBF-0B9AFD6D2ECD.jpeg

They need to sell to free up squad space. Is there a Cherries player that could interest us? 

Which position is the priority and who are plausible targets?

It is understood centre-back, left-back, central midfield and attacking reinforcements are on the agenda. Bournemouth were interested in Bristol City’s Antoine Semenyo, Club Bruges’ Noa Lang and Fiorentina’s Christian Kouame in the latter stages of the summer transfer window and are hopeful of reigniting their interest in January backed by Foley’s fierce ambition in the player market.
But those in the recruitment team are acutely aware of the perception that selling clubs will have of Bournemouth as one of the Premier League’s nouveau riche, keen to spend big and make a statement in a tricky window.
The club do not want to weaken their position and splash the cash, but rather remain prudent and make signings in the Tavernier mould: young, technically sound players who do not cost a fortune with agreeable financial structures in place. In essence, Bournemouth are adamant their approach in the January window will not differ too much from what we have seen already despite the takeover.

Who could be heading out?

Given the squad is at capacity, any incomings would require some outgoings — either on loan or on a permanent transfer. Jefferson Lerma, Jaidon Anthony and Jordan Zemura’s contracts are all set to expire in June and, at the time of writing, none have committed to new deals.
As it stands, clubs outside of England can arrange a pre-contract agreement with Lerma from January 1 if he does not extend his current contract with Bournemouth. Meanwhile, sources close to the club (who did not want to be named to protect their relationships) are understood to be more relaxed about Anthony and Zemura’s situations, which would be determined by a tribunal if a new contract is not agreed. But there is a prevailing thought that neither player’s contract will result in a tribunal hearing.
Jack Stacey, Jamal Lowe and Junior Stanislas’ contracts are also set to expire at the end of the season and having played a combined total of just 186 minutes of league football this campaign, the trio look likely to make space for any new signings.
Siriki Dembele was on the verge of a loan move to Besiktas with a permanent option in August which fell through in the final stages while Emiliano Marcondes had suitors from clubs in Denmark, Sweden, England and Turkey but was convinced by Bournemouth to fight for his place in the team. Both players are also likely to free up space in the squad. James Hill was on the verge of being loaned out to a Championship club on deadline day in the summer so will be poised for a move to build his experience too.

• Like 2

I think Semenyo will sign for Bournemouth (and possibly quite quickly). Alan Nixon hints that a deal could be fairly advanced.

I imagine Alex Scott has come up in talks, as would be expected from most prem clubs. I really cannot see Scott going to Bournemouth however. 

Alex seems to sensible to take the risk of signing for a club that could be relegated.

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

With the Gary O'Neil connection then this probably makes sense. 

Need to sell Semenyo this window in my opinion as zero chance of him signing a contract. With 12 months left in the summer then his value will pretty much be wiped. 

As for Scott, gonna need a huge offer for him. 

On the Gary O’Neil piece he wouldn’t have crossed paths with Scott here. However, Bournemouth are being heavily linked with Brownhill who he did play with and makes more sense for them as a signing at present.

• Like 1