IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Whilst I don’t doubt this could be true, is this really what Bournemouth need at this point, with their PL place under threat?

I’d say that Semenyo is probably more what they need than Scott - having said that, would they not want players with Prem experience?

If we are going to sell players, you’d hope that they would happen sooner rather than later this month, giving us the time to replace.

Also, if we sell Antoine and Martin were to leave, I’d hope that we’d look to bring a striker in this month too.

Also be keen to know how much of incoming transfer fees Nige will have at his disposal? ?‍♂️

If Bournemouth do want both of them then we have to be looking for a premium for them to take our two star players halfway through a season battling relegation. £30m minimum for the pair. 
FWIW I don't think Scott will go there, he's destined for a more established club I think and has been rumoured to have been scouted by Spurs and United. 

37 minutes ago, Selred said:

Planning for the Championship?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

28 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I’d say that Semenyo is probably more what they need than Scott - having said that, would they not want players with Prem experience?

If we are going to sell players, you’d hope that they would happen sooner rather than later this month, giving us the time to replace.

Also, if we sell Antoine and Martin were to leave, I’d hope that we’d look to bring a striker in this month too.

Also be keen to know how much of incoming transfer fees Nige will have at his disposal? ?‍♂️

That’s my conundrum, they could get Antoine cheaper in the summer.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Re. Antoine, part of me thinks `is this why he played so much better yesterday, his future is settled?` v `if we had agreed a sale, surely he wouldn`t have played?`

Nothing to do with him getting 180 minutes in a row for the first time in a while then? 

It seems Antoine is starting to move into a bracket of players that are more admired by the opposition we are playing than our own fans. The Coventry commentators were comparing his impact for us with Gyökeres for them, the Millwall commentators in the previous game we worried every time he got the ball, especially in the second half, and yet I see people on here saying "over-rated" "get rid", "disinterested" and so on.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Nothing to do with him getting 180 minutes in a row for the first time in a while then? 

It seems Antoine is starting into a bracket of players that are more admired by the opposition we are playing than our own fans. The Coventry commentators were comparing his impact for us with Gyökeres for them, the Millwall commentators in the previous game we worried every time he got the ball, especially in the second half, and yet I see people on here saying "over-rated" "get rid", "disinterested" and so on.

Oh without a doubt. There are some that will never admit that a player they thought was `League One at best` could actually be quite good.

`Semenyo`s not a striker, they score goals`......................................................

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

IF the rumour is true, I would really hope we would try and get Jamal Lowe included in the deal for Semenyo. 

If we were to lose both Semenyo and Martin this window, we could be very short of attacking options.

100%.

James Hill on loan too.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

They could but if they go down, would Antoine want to go there then?

I'd imagine so. Would be a good bet to go up next season. Is he realistically a Prem starter right now when he's only just become a City starter again?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

You can't get flights from Bournemouth to Guernsey, but you can from Bristol (or on SL's jet).

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I thought that too, A three hour ferry ride from Poole.

I'm loving the transport knowledge amongst us! Let's call it a draw!

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

Would Bournemouth not take Scott closer to family as well as the massive pay raise and more realistic pathway?

Possibly a good move for him?

Scott’s surely got bigger suitors than Bournemouth? They also passed on the opportunity to sign him as a kid, so he’ll remember that. I think it’d be an awful move for him, and in any case Brownhill is their main target.

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I have seen a few reports saying that talks have started re Semenyo but this was the first one I have seen involving Scott. I think Scott would be looking at a more established prem team if he were to leave. Semenyo however, could see this happening.

I posted about both being sought by Bournemouth on December 19th further up the thread. Credible source.

• Like 1

We need to strengthen midfield, not weaken it. So Scott goes nowhere, until the summer at least.

Semenyo made his debut 3 and a half years ago, since when he's given us 6 months worth of decent form. Since changing agents in the summer he's been way off it, even allowing for injuries - against League 1 Lincoln he failed to hit a barn door from 10 yards under no pressure, in between shandying out of every challenge going. So I don't give a stuff if he turns into a world beater for someone else, what we need between now and May is a mobile, physical presence up front that has a few goals in them. And if Martin and Semenyo have to leave to facilitate that, the sooner the better. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 4
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

However, Bournemouth are being heavily linked with Brownhill who he did play with and makes more sense for them as a signing at present.

Not a chance IMO. Burnley pressure to sell isn't as high as post relegation, looking a sound bet to head back up- if they stay down the whole equation changes but nothing doing in January I expect.

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We need to strengthen midfield, not weaken it. So Scott goes nowhere, until the summer at least.

Semenyo made his debut 3 and a half years ago, since when he's given us 6 months worth of decent form. Since changing agents in the summer he's been way off it, even allowing for injuries - against League 1 Lincoln he failed to hit a barn door from 10 yards, in between shandying out of every challenge going. So I don't give a stuff if he turns into a world beater for someone else, what we need between now and May is a mobile, physical presence up front that has a few goals in them. And if Martin and Semenyo have to leave to facilitate that, the sooner the better. 

Scotts stock is high at the moment, if the worst happens and we do go down hs value will drop, a few years ago we were in a stronger position to keep but at this moment we need a few more players to help us climb the table.

1 minute ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Scotts stock is high at the moment, if the worst happens and we do go down hs value will drop, a few years ago we were in a stronger position to keep but at this moment we need a few more players to help us climb the table.

I see your logic but am hoping other bits of the family silver can be flogged in January to raise the funds to keep us in this division. But it's only a matter of time before the lad departs, that's for sure.