IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

32 minutes ago, FabledRobin said:

Very good authority (formed academy player of the same age group as AS) that he signed a 10k pw contract in 2019, when there was Chelsea interest

In one way I would be surprised if that was the case, but knowing the way we operated at the time, nothing would surprise me! ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

3 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Not at all aimed at you @RedRoss but I simply don’t understand football fans obsession with players being keen to move to clubs near to where they come from - unless of course they support said club.

People in all walks of life move to other parts of the country for work reasons indeed, some move to different continents!

In this case Palace may be the right move for the player , if they are genuinely interested, I doubt location would be high on the list of deciding factors if he has more than one offer.

Explain homesick Scots, then - we've had a few down the years!

1 minute ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

IF the palace links are true (and reported bid) then it seems we are getting closer and closer to our valuation being met.

The report says we value him at £15m and they have offered £12m.

It would seem like a deal is likely to get done.

I think I said the other day that I thought a better option than Muff would come in. 

Palace is a better, however I think it might not end there! 

13 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

IF the palace links are true (and reported bid) then it seems we are getting closer and closer to our valuation being met.

Only thing that worries me is having enough time to replace him. I’m sure behind the scenes we would down the line of who we want to bring in. It would be interesting to know how it works . 
would we already be talking to players agents if they want to come here should we get the green light with Antoine ? 
im presuming something like that would happen ?‍♂️

18 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I thought we were better off accepting £8m last week? ???

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Only thing that worries me is having enough time to replace him. I’m sure behind the scenes we would down the line of who we want to bring in. It would be interesting to know how it works . 
would we already be talking to players agents if they want to come here should we get the green light with Antoine ? 
im presuming something like that would happen ?‍♂️

We could conceivably be sat there with a registration form and contract all signed for a new player waiting to be “faxed” over to the EFL / FA (whoever it is).

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

We could conceivably be sat there with a registration form and contract all signed for a new player waiting to be “faxed” over to the EFL / FA (whoever it is).

Only in football . Imagine being the player waiting to come in hoping for that domino effect to happen . I do trust us now to have things in place , especially as time winds down . Wouldn’t of trusted anyone before mind. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Only in football . Imagine being the player waiting to come in hoping for that domino effect to happen . I do trust us now to have things in place , especially as time winds down . Wouldn’t have trusted anyone before mind. 

Of course it many respects it is like a house chain, and can break.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If I’m honest, I think it’s great money for him.

Do I believe he is a £15m player currently? No. I think £10m would be fair, anything more is fantastic.

But he certainly has the potential to be a £15m-£20m player within 2 years or less, and is starting to show his ability in recent weeks.

My concern is that he blows hot and cold in spells, as seen at the start of this season.

However, he is our second most valuable player in the squad, and the money must reflect his value to us on the pitch, and I’m glad we aren’t backing down to the Prem teams.

The only factor that pushes me to think we will sell, is his contract length. We won’t get this money offered again in the summer.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Do I believe he is a £15m player currently? No. I think £10m would be fair, anything more is fantastic.

But he certainly has the potential to be a £15m-£20m player within 2 years or less, and is starting to show his ability in recent weeks.

My concern is that he blows hot and cold in spells, as seen at the start of this season.

However, he is our second most valuable player in the squad, and the money must reflect his value to us on the pitch, and I’m glad we aren’t backing down to the Prem teams.

The only factor that pushes me to think we will sell, is his contract length. We won’t get this money offered again in the summer.

He's clearly a confidence player all he needed was a goal and it was pretty obvious he was going to go on a run.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

ITK, Dave? 

And (Devil's advocate) - do we need to replace him?

1. Nope

2. Yes, but…with it being Palace, could it possibly include a loan back?  How we replace him will be interesting to see.  I’ve mentioned Ogbene a lot, but you could go for someone very different.

With Semenyo’s money we have an opportunity to strengthen in many ways.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1. Nope

2. Yes, but…with it being Palace, could it possibly include a loan back?  How we replace him will be interesting to see.  I’ve mentioned Ogbene a lot, but you could go for someone very different.

With Semenyo’s money we have an opportunity to strengthen in many ways.

I'm not sure there'd be a loan back, Palace probably need goals. 

How would you use the money if he were sold?

Edited by SecretSam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Different types of players but Palace did pay 16/17 million for Eze.