IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

7 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

Press conference today so probably meaning they will have clarity on it from that......or not depending on Pearsons mood.

I wonder when the press conference being released will correlate to the move itself. Might be embargoed until later on in case the club don’t want to show their hand 

1 hour ago, brad blit said:

Lets not forget people the reported 'Accepted' bid is from Talksport - They might have Simon Jordan as a commentator on there, but i dont believe they are the most reliable source out there. Plenty more to happen with this yet I believe

To be fair, Alex Crook is usually pretty reliable. 
And as for the Hughton situation, that’s because Hughton’s agent leaked the story as they were supremely confident of getting the job. Only to discover that not having done your preparation for an interview doesn’t tend to land you a job! 

Source : KITR 

Edited by Harry
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Akira said:

Quite sad isn't it when you compare the likes of us to them, Brighton, Brentford etc

It is sad to look at two of those clubs, appreciate Bournemouth cheated FFP to get there but Brentford & Brighton had a sustainable business model whilst we’ve chopped and changed from pillars to Ashton to various other methods. Whilst our owner pumps money into the club , I don’t think he’s ever had either the right voices taking to him or a structured way of progress and for that we’ve fallen years behind Brentford & Brighton and selling out best young players to Bournemouth 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

I wonder when the press conference being released will correlate to the move itself. Might be embargoed until later on in case the club don’t want to show their hand 

Yea it might possibly be pushed back, but pearson is usually honest in his interviews so I can't seeing it being much of an issue , or maybe one of the coaches may do it instead.

3 minutes ago, daored said:

It is sad to look at two of those clubs, appreciate Bournemouth cheated FFP to get there but Brentford & Brighton had a sustainable business model whilst we’ve chopped and changed from pillars to Ashton to various other methods. Whilst our owner pumps money into the club , I don’t think he’s ever had either the right voices taking to him or a structured way of progress and for that we’ve fallen years behind Brentford & Brighton and selling out best young players to Bournemouth 

Without wishing to derail the thread, it's his poor employment at management level, on and off the pitch, to blame.

Edited by cidered abroad

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

To be fair, Alex Crook is usually pretty reliable. 
And as for the Hughton situation, that’s because Hughton’s agent leaked the story as they were supremely confident of getting the job. Only to discover that not having done your preparation for an interview doesn’t tend to land you a job! 

Oi! That's my info! But yeah, Hughton's agent leaked that story to Talksport to put pressure on the City hierarchy to appoint him as he knew most City fans wanted Hughton.

As it turns out Jon Lansdown decided to appoint Dean Holden instead ?

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Oi! That's my info! But yeah, Hughton's agent leaked that story to Talksport to put pressure on the City hierarchy to appoint him as he knew most City fans wanted Hughton.

As it turns out Jon Lansdown decided to appoint Dean Holden instead ?

Ha ha. I know. Sorry Kid. I’ll add you as the source to my post ?

• Haha 1

It's crap that even relegation threatened Premier League teams are able to cherry pick our brightest talents, double or treble their wages, and chuck £10m our way for fun. I do not blame players in the slightest for taking the payrise, getting a few months of top flight football on their CV, and then probably playing at the very top of the Championship if/when they do get relegated. 

Still shit though.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's crap that even relegation threatened Premier League teams are able to cherry pick our brightest talents, double or treble their wages, and chuck £10m our way for fun. I do not blame players in the slightest for taking the payrise, getting a few months of top flight football on their CV, and then probably playing at the very top of the Championship if/when they do get relegated. 

Still shit though.

Even more depressing that it’s such a poxy outfit as Bournemouth. But they gambled, cheated, got away with it and won. It’s a bugger. 

• Like 6

I for one am glad to see us taking a decent transfer fee while it’s there for once, not hesitate and end up with a Massengo/Maynard/Diedhiou situation. I’ve felt that the ability to make unpopular decisions in transfer markets, particularly when it comes to moving players on, has long been lacking here. Disappointed to be losing a thrilling talent, but I don’t see an issue with what the club has done here at all.  

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

Nigel Pearson has confirmed Bournemouth’s latest offer for Antoine Semenyo has been accepted and the Robins are in negotiations with a permanent replacement for the striker.

Bournemouth made their third offer of the window on Thursday morning which is believed to be a fee of £9 million up front and further incentivised add-ons taking it past their previous offer of £10m.

With Semenyo’s contract expiring in 18 months and City conscious of their own needs to improve their squad before Tuesday’s transfer deadline, the Cherries’ persistence and the sense of timing has ensured this proposal has been successful.

He's also spoken about the possibility of a new face coming through the door as his replacement...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-bournemouth-antoine-semenyo-8077018

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Still shit though.

We'd be doing the same to save our PL status if positions were reversed. Just business.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Still shit though.

Thank Sky, BT etc.

The TV money has completely ruined any parity in English football.

I read an article last week about the EGM at Juventus to approve the resignation of all of their board because of the alleged financial irregularities.

The out going chairman,Agnellio, talked again about the failed European Super League and why they still supported it. The simple reason being that ‘ one league’ the EPL, was unstoppable financially and unless the other major European leagues worked together and did something they would wither. ( BTW, I detest the super league concept),but you can see his point when you consider for example, how much Chelsea have paid out in the last two windows.

It is where the big money is and that is not going to change.

Another example, I have read numerous reports regarding Everton looking at Bielsa as their replacement for Lampard, apparently he has some concerns about how his style of play would fit with their current squad.

Everton have some concerns about how much he and his team of coaches would cost - reported as £11m PER MONTH.

That is not a typo.

Edited by ScottishRed
  • Like 3