IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

21 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Disappointing it has to be said, but the player wanted to go, and if this means that we bring forward the 'steadying of the ship' by 6 months or so as a consequence, then long-term that can only be a good thing.

I know it doesn't change things overnight, but I want to see Pearson lead this team without the restrictions he's had to operate under.

Priority number 1 is just staying up. If we do that, then the flexibility it provides means our business this January will be decent for the future of the club.

I'd go a step further.   The way I look at it, the rest of this season is preparation for next season.  With the possible exception of Alex Scott and maybe Dasilva, our actual matchday 18 will be here next season, with the potential for 3 or 4 more signings on top.  A running start with an established side could see us actually challenging. If you're not a parachute club you need a settled team to challenge for the whole season. All sides show potential and have little runs but to get top 6 you must be solid.  

• Like 4

I hope he ends up at Palace, seems more their type of player, he maybe very average there but they have a thing of turning average players into a team full of very good players and also they seem to be established in the premier league of lately, by moving to Bournemouth come 6 months time he’d be back in the same boat

• Like 6

Incredibly disappointing, even though probably inevitable.  I don’t really understand the dynamics of the transfer market, and what is and isn’t possible as regards holding on to players, but I did hope that we could hold out until the summer. He’s a massive loss and even though we could get a few million more than we may have done later, we’ll be worse off overall if we’re relegated.  He might be inconsistent but he makes things happen and that will be sorely missed.  We need to hope that we can pull something out of the bag on a replacement over the next week or so, or unless Weimann has a rediscovery of the form of last year, I can’t see us creating enough to keep us out of a relegation dogfight. Good luck to him, I think he could develop to be a top player. 

6 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Disappointed he has gone to Bournemouth and not Palace but I think it's good money for us.

Under £10m up front? Kind of on the fence about the value for money there from our perspective.

How much did Jackson cost Bournemouth? Yes I know La Liga and Colombia my mistake it is Senegal, in general these days a higher ranked side than Ghana but it feels maybe £3m too light. Of course if it was the best offer then..

He's 21 and will cost an initial £20.3m plus add-ons.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Under £10m up front? Kind of on the fence about the value for money there from our perspective.

How much did Jackson cost Bournemouth? Yes I know La Liga and Colombia my mistake it is Senegal, in general these days a higher ranked side than Ghana but it feels maybe £3m too light. Of course if it was the best offer then..

He's 21 and will cost an initial £20.3m plus add-ons.

I just think £9 million plus add ons for a player who has never consistently hit the ground running here for a long spell and is injury prone is quite good money... Providing we have replacements lined up.

If Semenyo improves his finishing he could be worth about 6 times 9 million by the way, the add ons may mean we have a sell on clause.

• Like 9

Where have these transfer fee figures emanated from (there are different ones out there) ?

Bournemouth ? Certainly not from City as NP said the club will reveal the financial details in due course.

Or is it just a couple of tweets which people, including the media, have latched onto ?

Going into Robbored territory now - I'll believe the fee when I see it from a credible source, either City or AFCB.

• Like 3

I don’t think we will know the fee, it’ll be announced as undisclosed, like virtually all transfers these days.  We will all make our assumptions from those sources we trust / don’t trust.

Nige did say they met our valuation.  We don’t know what that is.

He also said last week, that it was the Bournemouth side of the deal that were leaking info.

We might be able to have a stab at it when the accounts come out.

It’s a sizeable sum, enough to help both this window and summer recruitment plans.  It appears we held out for more than Bournemouth initially and subsequently bid, but there is always a price.

And then add-ons are another game in itself!!!

Are Palarse out of the picture now then? Just heard that Naouirou Ahamada has turned them down, although he’s a midfielder. The beeb are also saying Viera is frustrated with the lack of activity. Am I clutching at straws by hoping for a “Palace swoop for Semenyo” headline? What are the legals, can we accept more than one bid?

7 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Are Palarse out of the picture now then? Just heard that Naouirou Ahamada has turned them down, although he’s a midfielder. The beeb are also saying Viera is frustrated with the lack of activity. Am I clutching at straws by hoping for a “Palace swoop for Semenyo” headline? What are the legals, can we accept more than one bid?

Phone joe bryan... He knows how it works..... 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

I think that we can but Palace would only offer what we've already accepted: it would be churlish of us to ask for more now - I know we have previous with Palace but it's probably time we let it go.

It's then about who offers Semenyo the better terms/package and completely out of our hands.