IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I've always assumed - perhaps wrongly - that it doesn't matter too much from an accounting perspective whether the money is all in one go or installments - as long as it is an agreed amount we know we will receive. From an accounting perspective, its income we know we have and whatever installments are due to us can be recorded as known income and money owed to us.

It obviously makes a difference from a cashflow perspective - and that might matter in terms of who we buy and how we pay for them -  but I'm not sure how important it is in terms of accounting. 

? 

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I've always assumed - perhaps wrongly - that it doesn't matter too much from an accounting perspective whether the money is all in one go or installments - as long as it is an agreed amount we know we will receive. From an accounting perspective, its income we know we have and whatever installments are due to us can be recorded as known income and money owed to us.

It obviously makes a difference from a cashflow perspective - and that might matter in terms of who we buy and how we pay for them -  but I'm not sure how important it is in terms of accounting. 

Interesting. I didn’t realise that , I’m not financially minded at all. Which reminds me I got three days to do my tax return ? I thought possibly a larger up front payment would be more beneficial . 

• Haha 1

Ok. I’ve just woken up and I’m a bit confused. Has Semenyo signed for Bournemouth? The fact this thread is still in the transfer forum suggests not? If he hasn’t do we know why and is there another club?

The bloke from Luton, is he coming to us and are Martin/Klose/Massengo etc attracting any interest?

Thanks for any help!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Ok. I’ve just woken up and I’m a bit confused. Has Semenyo signed for Bournemouth? The fact this thread is still in the transfer forum suggests not? If he hasn’t do we know why and is there another club?

I hear it takes two days for Bournemouth to do a medical so maybe that's the delay ?. At least that was the story with the french player they were looking to sign.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It not been stated how much up front has it ? The £9m would usually be paid in instalments . I hope the £9m is upfront but I doubt it. Would the club prefer staged payments to offset deficits further down the line ?  

Think for ffp purposes it is 9m straight onto our accounts for this year but not 100%

23 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The bloke from Luton, is he coming to us and are Martin/Klose/Massengo etc attracting any interest?

Thanks for any help!

No, no and no. 

48 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Thanks for any help!

Was wondering myself if someone like Palace had tried to hijack the deal, hence the delay.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Thanks for any help!

One relevant point could be how and when Bournemouth want to time their transfer announcements. They announced a transfer yesterday and were doing a holocaust memorial post this morning and promoting some community things at lunchtime. There could be a certain point of the day they think it is best to make transfer announcements to "maximise engagement" or whatever the term is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

or we're holding on till we've got replacement sorted. 

Only the club know I guess. It could all be signed and sealed and both clubs have agreed to announce this evening for various reasons, it could be somebody else has jumped in, its about to fall over, or he has woken up and thought 'nah'. Inclined to believe the first but who knows.

Patience is a virtue of which I am not blessed. 

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

or we're holding on till we've got replacement sorted. 

I don’t see that being the case. I understand why that happened with the Bentley signing but Semenyo’s leaving isn’t as dependent on someone else coming in as it was with the GK situation. Additionally, Pearson has been surprisingly candid about the transfer speculation around Semenyo so it’s not like there’s anything to delay announcing as we already expect him to no longer be our player. It could we they’re waiting on announcing multiple signings in one big media release. Or it could be he’s popped up to London to see what Palace have to say, assuming they’re matching the fee that is. Glad I took my son to see the Blackburn game at the weekend so he had the chance to see his current favourite City player one last time. Good luck Antoine!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Will soon be forgotten. Overhyped and underdelivered IMHO.

Good player, not a great a player.

Good luck to him and kudos to the club if they’ve sold for what they valued him. 

He’s got quality but there’s a reason West Ham and others decided not to approach. Not been consistent enough, he finds consistency though he’ll be a hell of a player.

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

In hindsight, it was quite brave to play him last week, given how close the deal was. Might have been a calculated gamble on our part to say 'see, we are not that worried if he goes or not'. 

I think it was a message of " He is our player and he will play for us until someone seriously shows their hand"., Maybe a bit of bravado but a significant message.

• Like 2

Am I right in thinking the forum doesn't really have anyone ITK these days?

I don't know why but I have a gut feeling we're going to sign someone else that no-one has mentioned like with the new keeper 

Quite enjoy the way we do business in the new Gould era 

Just now, Slack said:

Am I right in thinking the forum doesn't really have anyone ITK these days?

I don't know why but I have a gut feeling we're going to sign someone else that no-one has mentioned like with the new keeper 

Quite enjoy the way we do business in the new Gould era 

Sorry apart from Roy ?