IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Why would that stop Bournemouth announcing ?

Clubs quite often will agree this sort of stuff. Announcing it makes no real odds other than timing of tweets these days really, as long as it was done in time for him to be part of the squad for their next game that’s prob all they’ll care about 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, marmite said:

I reckon he will be in the squad tomorrow.

I think the only way that would happen would be if the deal was definitely off. If it is this close to being completed, Bournemouth won't let him play.

It's been fifteen years so could easily be forgotten but we pulled the plug on a deal for Egyptian striker Emad Meteb deal for that exact reason of him playing when he was about to complete a move. 

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Clubs quite often will agree this sort of stuff. Announcing it makes no real odds other than timing of tweets these days really, as long as it was done in time for him to be part of the squad for their next game that’s prob all they’ll care about 

Yep. And City would want to announce an arrival ASAP after he leaves, soften the blow a bit.

Bournemouth have no game this weekend, so it makes no difference to them.

Announcements now are essentially used as Marketing tools, most things now get announced late afternoon/early evening as that's when it will generate the most likes/clicks etc. As alluded clubs often sync announcements, if we are very close to Cornick then I wouldn't be surprised to see Semenyo at 5 and Cornick at 6...

This would have all been completed late last night/early this morning and don't think there's anything sinister or exciting (Joe Bryan, Steve Bruce, Motorway...) going on...

• Like 3

• Admin
21 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Why would that stop Bournemouth announcing ?

So not to alert clubs we are dealing with about how much cash we have in the bank

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

He's cup tied anyway, if that matters, but I guess it'll be about potential injury.

I'd play him if nothings been agreed yet.

Who's cup tied, I'm confused?

20 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think the only way that would happen would be if the deal was definitely off. If it is this close to being completed, Bournemouth won't let him play.

It's been fifteen years so could easily be forgotten but we pulled the plug on a deal for Egyptian striker Emad Meteb deal for that exact reason of him playing when he was about to complete a move. 

I didn't read this thread to be made to feel old.  You SOD! 

Edited by Lorenzos Only Goal
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

So not to alert clubs we are dealing with about how much cash we have in the bank

Who's cup tied, I'm confused?

Personally I think there is a last ditch 3rd party bid which has caught Antione's attention. Probably 100% wrong but something is slowing the process down and its nowt to do with us announcing a replacement to soften the blow. The AS transfer has been news for days now so no surprise to any of us. 

38 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Think this one is done but we aren’t announcing until we can announce Cornick very soon after, ala tonight 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

22 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I would take a guess that it will be a 5 or 6pm announcement, with Cornick to follow.

Sony / Columbia are playing hardball on the music / image rights for the video the media team want to use

14:21JAMES PIERCY

Just on Semenyo

The expectation is that there will be announcement today - potentially around tea time. Just thinking out aloud (genuinely, this isn't said with any genuine knowledge), we're wondering - as was the case when Dan Bentley left the club - if there's scope for City announcing an incoming soon after the outgoing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

BT

Think everyone’s waiting for this thread to get to 100 pages then the deal can be done. 

If the thread gets to 100 pages do we then qualify for a swap deal with Nketiah?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

29 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I remember that deal. I was suggesting he might be in the squad if the deal fell through as opposed to not having been completed. If Bournemouth have come across a problem then he remains our player and if fit , should feature for us. 

13 minutes ago, marmite said:

I remember that deal. I was suggesting he might be in the squad if the deal fell through as opposed to not having been completed. If Bournemouth have come across a problem then he remains our player and if fit , should feature for us. 

There is no evidence Bournemouth have found a problem though. I can’t even find a suggestion of it anywhere.

All that appears to have happened is the deal has not been announced yet. That does not necessarily mean it has not been completed.