IGNORED

Rob Edwards - Watford

Silvio Dante

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

As a semi-regular at FGR this season, I must say I’m rather disappointed in this. 
Edwards has been an excellent manager and there was no doubt that clubs would be interested in him, so there was always an understanding and realisation that he’d leave the club via another role rather than a sacking. But it’s a low blow in terms of the way it’s been done. 
I have no doubts whatsoever that had Watford asked if they could speak to him that FGR would have agreed, and he’d have left with their best wishes. So I don’t really know why they would operate in this underhand manner. 
Will be interesting to see where FGR go now. There was speculation before Edwards that FGR might go for Emma Hayes!! Wonder if that’s back on the table? One thing I’m sure of is that they won’t appoint someone from the ‘usual merry-go-round’. 

Why would Emma Hayes ever leave one of the best football teams in the world for a tinpot league one club? 

• Haha 2

Money talks..........Fans are forever the rest are just passing through.

Saying that what would it take/cost for you to move clubs/change ST`s swapping to Sag ST for instance? ?

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

We have a dinosaur in the house. 

Whatever floats your boat 

Different games despite the outcry when you dare suggest so 

Or are you suggesting they can be compared 

Who do you think would win ?

fair play - it’s cool to be ‘seen’ to be ‘with it ‘

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Why would Emma Hayes ever leave one of the best football teams in the world for a tinpot league one club? 

A chance to be a trailblazer, if she were to be successful at a mens club in English football it could open the door for others after her. She doesn't have anything left to prove in the womens game so a chance for a new challenge.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Whatever floats your boat 

Different games despite the outcry when you dare suggest so 

Or are you suggesting they can be compared 

Who do you think would win ?

fair play - it’s cool to be ‘seen’ to be ‘with it ‘

No outcry. Emma Hayes’ Chelsea are, statistically, one of the best football teams in the world. They aren’t a rugby team, or a basketball team, the game is football. 

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

A chance to be a trailblazer, if she were to be successful at a mens club in English football it could open the door for others after her. She doesn't have anything left to prove in the womens game so a chance for a new challenge.

Maybe if she had an offer to do what she is doing now - competing in Europe and at the top of the Premier League. 

What sounds more appealing to you - taking Chelsea to the Champions League, or taking Forest Green to the Mem? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Maybe if she had an offer to do what she is doing now - competing in Europe and at the top of the Premier League. 

What sounds more appealing to you - taking Chelsea to the Champions League, or taking Forest Green to the Mem? 

Depends where her motivations lie, it would be a monumental achievement to open the door to more womens head coaches/managers and would be an incredible legacy, whether managing Forest Green or Chelsea's mens team which causes that.

Also she'd need the offer from Chelsea's mens team (or any team of that standing) which frankly won't happen as they wouldn't want to take the risk so she'd need to accept she'd need to take a lower job to start with but you'd imagine she'd back herself to do well and earn a bigger job.

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Ohhh you are talking women’s football 

Not one of the ‘best teams in the world then ‘

one of the best women’s teams maybe

It was entirely implied that he was referring to the best woman’s team but why you felt compelled to go out of your way to point that out is beyond all comprehension but not unexpected from some people on this forum every time the unspeakable thought of woman playing football is raised  

15 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

It was entirely implied that he was referring to the best woman’s team but why you felt compelled to go out of your way to point that out is beyond all comprehension but not unexpected from some people on this forum every time the unspeakable thought of woman playing football is raised  

And here they come. :laugh:

Chelseas Women’s Team are not ‘one of the best teams in the world’ whatever way you want to spin it - quite simple really

If you or anyone else enjoys women’s football , or the many who enjoy playing it - great 

But to compare the two ........... yeah ok then    

Gives you something to get offended at , at least

Edited by Sheltons Army

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

And here they come. :laugh:

Chelseas Women’s Team are not ‘one of the best teams in the world’ whatever way you want to spin it - quite simple really

If you or anyone else enjoys women’s football , or the many who enjoy playing it - great 

But to compare the two ........... yeah ok then   :laugh:

boxing. Flyweight, middleweight, etc etc.. they all have the best in the world in their classes but you’d never discredit one weight class against another because they have their differences but it’s same game at the end of the day. 
Chelsea woman’s are one of the best teams in the world, and have a chance at winning anything they are in - FGR mens team is a step down for her but there is more at play here than that

I fear you are most likely to old to do so

however

I know the world is really scary these days but grow up mate.

• Like 1

Just now, Fjmcity said:

boxing. Flyweight, middleweight, etc etc.. they all have the best in the world in their classes but you’d never discredit one weight class against another because they have their differences but it’s same game at the end of the day. 
Chelsea woman’s are one of the best teams in the world, and have a chance at winning anything they are in - FGR mens team is a step down for her but there is more at play here than that

I fear you are most likely to old to do so

however

I know the world is really scary these days but grow up mate.

You watch whatever floats your boat and stay ready with the ‘I’m offended banner’

FGR  a step down .....

Yeah ok

?

22 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

You watch whatever floats your boat and stay ready with the ‘I’m offended banner’

FGR  a step down .....

Yeah ok

?

nothing about what I have said indicates I am offended, you’ve not hurt me I just find your ignorance and pettiness, real or otherwise to be remarkable. Against my better judgement I always try to put forward reasonable arguments to try and at least reduce some of the subjugation in the world but I know piers Morgan probably tell you that is somehow reducing your human rights

Even if you are just trolling I am incredibly sad for you.

*replaced bigotry with subjugation

although often two sides of the time the needless comments ALWAYS thrown in on this forum when the woman’s game is even causally mentioned contribute to the continued subjugation of woman in a desperate attempt to maintain the status quo, surely we can all agree there is no place for that in 2022

Edited by Fjmcity
  • Haha 1