IGNORED

Rob Edwards - Watford

Silvio Dante

11 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It was odds on (and therefore not worth the bet) that Edwards would be gone before Christmas and likely that if they appoint Bilic he'll be gone by March. It's a guaranteed monetary handout to work for Pozzo. 

Yep. And all these managers go in knowing the score, a few months work and a nice payoff with minimal damage to reputation.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, glynriley said:

If I was Wally, I'd sack Barton and get him in quick smart.

From a chairman's perspective that would be a very clever thing to do. Then this is Wally we're talking about. 

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. And all these managers go in knowing the score, a few months work and a nice payoff with minimal damage to reputation.

Exactly this. Nobody should expect to be in that office for too long,  but let's be fair, Edwards has gone there knowing that, along with the fact that when he envitably gets fired, gets a nice big juicy payoff.

Apparently they've only just took delivery of the nameplate for his office door.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

From a chairman's perspective that would be a very clever thing to do. Then this is Wally we're talking about. 

Exactly this. Nobody should expect to be in that office for too long,  but let's be fair, Edwards has gone there knowing that, along with the fact that when he envitably gets fired, gets a nice big juicy payoff.

Apparently they've only just took delivery of the nameplate for his office door.....

Apparently he'd only just took his coat off ?

Since the end of last season (30th June) / beginning of this (1st July onwards):

1. Morison gone
  2. Edwards gone (what did I say about the grass isn’t always greener, least of all at Watford)
  3. Corberan resigned /
  4. Schofield sacked
  5. Neil resigned
  6. Bowyer sacked
  7. Warne resigned
  8. O’Neil sacked /
  9. Holden (Caretaker) left

6 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I see Bilic has only signed a (rather ambitious) 18 month contract. I'm sure his pay rate is higher than that of Edwards but perhaps he doesn't need such a hefty golden handshake having some of the money he banked from West Brom left. 

Been managing in China in the interim, will have made a fair few quid from that, too.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Since the end of last season (30th June) / beginning of this (1st July onwards):

1. Morison gone
  2. Edwards gone (what did I say about the grass isn’t always greener, least of all at Watford)
  3. Corberan resigned /
  4. Schofield sacked
  5. Neil resigned
  6. Bowyer sacked
  7. Warne resigned
  8. O’Neil sacked /

Nige is now the 5th longest serving manager in the championship...

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

If he wants a L1 relegation on his CV, he may as well do it at FGR where he's revered! Barton in :D

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

He could find himself back at FGR albeit with a nice new fat wallet. 
Hard times indeed. 

Not likely after the way their owner reacted when he left 

Listening to Hawksby & Jacobs on TS earlier.

While they were talking to Danny Kelly they interrupted, saying there was breaking news and then proceeded to announce Watford appointing Bilic as new manager.

Danny Kelly them said "since when has Watford changing manager been breaking news?"

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I don’t give a hoot about Watford but as a FGR regular I feel very sad about how this whole episode has completely ruined any small chance they had at staying in L1 this season. Edwards’ departure in the summer really derailed Forest Green and watching them attempt to play League 1 football this season is a sad sight when comparing it to the dynamic team that won League 2 last season. 
I don’t think he’d be back either - there were a few bridges burned when he secretly departed! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don’t give a hoot about Watford but as a FGR regular I feel very sad about how this whole episode has completely ruined any small chance they had at staying in L1 this season. Edwards’ departure in the summer really derailed Forest Green and watching them attempt to play League 1 football this season is a sad sight when comparing it to the dynamic team that won League 2 last season. 
I don’t think he’d be back either - there were a few bridges burned when he secretly departed! 

It hasn't helped losing Cadden and Wilson and having Matt and Stevens out injured either.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

1. Morison gone
  2. Edwards gone (what did I say about the grass isn't always greener, least of all at Watford)
  3. Corberan resigned /
  4. Schofield sacked
  5. Neil resigned
  6. Bowyer sacked
  7. Warne resigned
  8. O’Neil sacked /

I think you said: the grass isn't always greener, Dave. And I recall you went on to add: least of all Watford. 

• Haha 1