IGNORED

Rob Edwards - Watford

Silvio Dante

20 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Been managing in China in the interim, will have made a fair few quid from that, too.

Unlikely.  The CSL has gone through a massive financial crisis - the big money isn't there in that league anymore.

15 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Apparently fell out with sporting director, sporting director was supposed to be leaving, weirdly it’s Edwards whose got the sack and the sporting director remains 

Reminiscent of here, but the other way, when LJ was having his first poor spell and it was Pembo who got the boot instead.  Though in fairness for a while that worked...before tanking massively.

15 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

For an old timer like Rannieri (sic) or Hodgson yeah. 

The FGR chap was making a name for himself so the payoff whilst nice, prob doesn't compensate completely for the career setback. I'm certain he'll want to work again. He might need to go back down a league though. 

I totally get what you mean, but I think people tend to view being sacked by Watford through a slightly different lens given the managerial churn that they continue to persist with, so I don't think he'll be that reputationally damaged by the experience, but he will be financially better off.  I also agree that he will have to drop back a league to get another chance but that's only returning to where he would have been anyway had he stayed at FGR.  All in all, after only a relatively short but successful spell at FGR he's done pretty well for himself, and will likely get another opportunity in or around where he would have been anyway, just with the Watford coin in his back pocket.

27 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

I totally get what you mean, but I think people tend to view being sacked by Watford through a slightly different lens given the managerial churn that they continue to persist with, so I don't think he'll be that reputationally damaged by the experience, but he will be financially better off.  I also agree that he will have to drop back a league to get another chance but that's only returning to where he would have been anyway had he stayed at FGR.  All in all, after only a relatively short but successful spell at FGR he's done pretty well for himself, and will likely get another opportunity in or around where he would have been anyway, just with the Watford coin in his back pocket.

Depends if any club trusts him again after the way he left FG.