IGNORED

Tour De France 2022

Lanterne Rouge

9 hours ago, tin said:

Ha, I wish! I’ve just been watched the Tour since the late ‘80s and ride a lot myself, so I know how fatigue grows. There looked to be some tired legs yesterday so it was no surprise to see the peloton treat it as a bit of a rest day after the Alps. It’ll probably be another day for the breakaway tomorrow and hopefully Fred will have his day. 

The next couple of days will be interesting given the forecast temperatures. 

12 minutes ago, TomF said:

I love how ITV go to an ad break and first add is a cycle accident advert.  I swear they go to ad breaks every 5 mins. 

Uugghh. I can’t watch the ITV live show. Eurosport for me. Much better imo. 
I always watch the ITV highlights show, but for some reason I find Ned a bit of a bore over a longer period. 

That's it! Neither Vingegaard in yellow and polka dots or Van Aert in green will be beaten for their jerseys on the road now. Only a cruel Covid test will prevent them being on the top of the podium in Paris. 

Partly due to retaining their complement of riders Ineos will likely win the team competition despite both Jumbo Visma and UAE Emirates being the strong teams in UCI right now. Ineos have serious work to do to again be the leader of the pack and will certainly need a fit again Egan Bernal. 

No 3 in a row for Pogacar but he will go home with White jersey at least. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Text corrrection

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

That's it! Neither Vingegaard in yellow and polka dots or Van Aert in green will be beaten for their jerseys on the road now. Only a cruel Covid test will prevent them being on the top of the podium in Paris. 

Partly due to retaining their complement of riders Ineos will likely win the team competition despite both Jumbo Visma and UAE Emirates being the strong teams in UCI right now. Ineos have serious work to do to again be the leader of the pack and will certainly need a fit again Egan Bernal. 

No 3 in a row for Pogacar but he will go home with White jersey at least. 

Defining day for sure. It`s nice to see Pog accepting the situation with dignity and good grace - he`s been the first to congratulate the winner several times now. I`m warming to him.

I think this will be G`s last serious Tour attempt too, he`s just not got that final bit in the tank any more. 

As far as the adverts are concerned TBF they did say they were going to have all of them before the start of the Huatacam so they didn`t have to interrupt the coverage. They did the same for the Alpe the other day.

23 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Defining day for sure. It`s nice to see Pog accepting the situation with dignity and good grace - he`s been the first to congratulate the winner several times now. I`m warming to him.

I think this will be G`s last serious Tour attempt too, he`s just not got that final bit in the tank any more. 

As far as the adverts are concerned TBF they did say they were going to have all of them before the start of the Huatacam so they didn`t have to interrupt the coverage. They did the same for the Alpe the other day.

Probs is Gs last tour but he’s been very good this tour, just not quite got it in him to touch the 2 best riders out there.

I don’t think Bernal will get close to these 2 either so who do you get? 

56 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Probs is Gs last tour but he’s been very good this tour, just not quite got it in him to touch the 2 best riders out there.

Yeah I think age isn`t on his side either and as you say, he`s just that tiny bit off the two `machines` that are Vingegaard and Pogacar. Bernal peaked a bit early in his career I think. I suppose you look for Adam Yates or Tom Pidcock (heart over head a bit there!) - other than them, Meintjes and Lutsenko have looked the real deal this year - if either of them gets a gig with one of the big teams, who knows? Roglic was out of sorts this year too, even without his injuries, and I think will come good again.

I think you`re right though, we are entering a period of two riders being head and shoulders above anyone else which at least is better than just one dominating.

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

the mighty midget Pidcock will be a star i'm sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DevonGeneral said:

... and are we all going to be watching the Tour de France Femmes?

Well I will be taking particular interest in how Pfeiffer Georgi does. Rides for DSM who took the Yellow Jersey today.

She's local (Berkeley) and is a talented rider and rising star?

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There did seem to be more crashes than you would expect on a stage like that. A few trying too hard perhaps?

I think the women's peleton can be a bit more chaotic than the men's. There is less control from the teams and some riders are always fighting for position. It can make it more exciting and unpredictable, but also, as we saw today, more prone to crashes. The risks of crosswinds didn't help either. Hopefully a calmer stage tomorrow.

• Like 1