IGNORED

Cardiff City at home match day thread

Really pleased with the performance today especially with another clean sheet!!!

my only gripe was the Lino on the lansdown side in the first who was ******* usless.(I know he flagged for their goal ) 

Back in the the enclosure days they (we)would have given him loads but not a whimper today.I’m up top with the kids trying not to swear too much.

Apart from that we were excellent today. We were mostly on the front foot and gave it a right good go.Congratulations to all the coaching staff and team and the fans??

Kal Naismith taking corners?. Coaches overthinking imho especially if the ball doesn’t go into the box!He then has a bit of running to get back.

Finally well done Zak Vyner.He did. every thing well today as on Tuesday (ok one sliced kick) - let’s give the man a break.

Cmon u reds and enjoy your evening fellow reds ?‍♂️??

• Like 1

Very good game. Thought were we a little fortunate to go into half time ahead but completely controlled the second half. HNM, Williams and Conway immense. Honourable shouts to Wells and Bentley. All the rest 7/10. 

Annoying that we have an element of knob heads still looking to fight at any occasion. Lots of fighting on the way back to town and sorry to say initiated by City fans. 

14 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

SO HOW COME YOU DON'T PAY £5 TO BE AN OTIB SUPPORTER- FFS???

Shame you have to be a dick about it with your bold capital letters. You have no idea about my circumstances or my finances. Every penny counts for some people - especially at the moment.

As it happens, I was a supporter and it’s expired without me noticing, I can afford it and I’ll renew it. But you still didn’t need to be a dick.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Just a thought remember last week when we were about 20th and the other lot were 3rd in there pub league .

thought I heard them say they were coming for us as the at the time it was the closest the gap had been for about 20 years .

well fast forward a week normal service resumed .

reminds me of how things change week by week 

anyone remember a certain group of fans at Wycombe singing on the pitch 

WE ARE STAYING UP/WE ARE STAYING UP 

Then a week later losing at home to a team wearing there kit and hounding the players and directors .

what a difference a week makes .

The gift that keeps giving 

not so bad being a red is it 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Robin 2
10 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

With Kalas & Semenyo (unfair to drop any forward) in the team we may be able to push for the play offs. Oh the killing hope of football…

We’ll if you want cheering down, Vyner was fast asleep when Watters made the run just before we scored, and compounded the error by not tracking back.  
Rob Atkinson twice gave the ball away in dangerous position when under no pressure.  Another day, and another team, and we get punished for these errors.

Great day, thrilled with the overall performance, but defensively we’ve still get lots to work on.

Edited by Malago
20 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Another great team performance. I know Tommy Conway got the man of the match, and I ain't gonna quibble, but I really don't want to pick anyone out -  they were all superb. Onwards and upwards City. 

When was the last time we were able to say that?

Take a bow one and all.

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

I'm a big fan of Nahki Wells and the last two games are examples of why.

But what I really want to say is that I thought Vyner was excellent today. 

They were all excellent.

Going to work very happy. ?

Worth Noting Zak was really shaky the first 20 along with Williams.

Key thing a few in S19 noticed is, both Bents and especially Naismith gave them both an earful and encouragement.

Culture difference to last season appearing, at least, to be night and day better. More collective. Same vibe as pats on the back when theyve done well. I.e. Bents and Nais to Atkinson at Luton after the save by the former.

Kal's very communicative and combative just what we needed. Him and Klose very good communicators overall.

That and game management much better as the season has progressed.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

The difference this guy makes has been phenomenal, mistake v Sunderland but outside of that has added what we desperately needed, calmness , class and organisation 

Positional play outstanding as well 

He made a couple of very poor mistakes today which could have cost us (particularly the one when he misjudged the pace of the ball shepherding it back to Bentley); one or two of his corners were very poor; and his playing out from the back is very risky sometimes (he put Zak in difficulty in the second half).  He does add something that we’re not used to though, but he needs to cut out the silly mistakes.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, robin for life said:

Quite right too, put in an excellent shift, been unselfish all game, and the chance he gets to put his name on sheet, is an awful ball. Then he gets subbed with 90 seconds to go, rather than giving him the full 90 he deserved. 

To be fair, taking him off when the game is won means he gets a decent individual ovation from the fans which will boost his confidence IMO.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

The difference this guy makes has been phenomenal, mistake v Sunderland but outside of that has added what we desperately needed, calmness , class and organisation 

Positional play outstanding as well 

He looks a really good defender and is extremely passionate and vocal - something we have lacked for years at the back.

My only gripe with Naismith is he can be at times slow to release the ball and look a little flat footed. I just worry that teams that play the high press will look to target him a bit. Just hoping what happened against Sunderland was a one off.

Edited by bris red
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, redkev said:

Just a thought remember last week when we were about 20th and the other lot were 3rd in there pub league .

thought I heard them say they were coming for us as the at the time it was the closest the gap had been for about 20 years .

well fast forward a week normal service resumed .

reminds me of how things change week by week 

anyone remember a certain group of fans at Wycombe singing on the pitch 

WE ARE STAYING UP/WE ARE STAYING UP 

Then a week later losing at home to a team wearing there kit and hounding the players and directors .

what a difference a week makes .

The gift that keeps giving 

not so bad being a red is it 

Points West put a caption of how close they were on screen last week, bottom of Championship, top of league 1, wonder if they'll do it this week.

• Haha 4
  • Hmmm 1
50 minutes ago, Malago said:

We’ll if you want cheering down, Vyner was fast asleep when Watters made the run just before we scored, and compounded the error by not tracking back.  
Rob Atkinson twice gave the ball away in dangerous position when under no pressure.  Another day, and another team, and we get punished for these errors.

On Tuesday there were a few posts saying how poor Luton were and implying much the same 

Today was another day and another team. We came out winners and kept a clean sheet.

While it's too premature to get carried away with promotion talk, perhaps, after a dismal few seasons, we might start to accept that we seem to have a more than decent team and one capable of embarrassing a few good teams and making them look poor.

We still have the ability to embarrass ourselves and make poor teams long good, which is why it's too early to get carried away.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Crackers Corner said:

how were cardiff allowed to make 6 subs, was it due to the injury?

• 2RomeoSubstituted forEteteat 84'minutes
  • 3BaganSubstituted forSimpsonat 8'minutes
  • 35RinomhotaSubstituted forColwillat 65'minutesBooked at 75mins
  • 19SawyersSubstituted forRallsat 65'minutes
  • 36WattersSubstituted forM Harrisat 57'minutes
  • 10OjoSubstituted forPhilogene-Bidaceat 57'minutes

First one was a concussion sub 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

how were cardiff allowed to make 6 subs, was it due to the injury?

• 2RomeoSubstituted forEteteat 84'minutes
  • 3BaganSubstituted forSimpsonat 8'minutes
  • 35RinomhotaSubstituted forColwillat 65'minutesBooked at 75mins
  • 19SawyersSubstituted forRallsat 65'minutes
  • 36WattersSubstituted forM Harrisat 57'minutes
  • 10OjoSubstituted forPhilogene-Bidaceat 57'minutes

The first one (for Bagan) was a concussion sub.

Edited by The Dolman Pragmatist