IGNORED

Wycombe Changes?

Port Said Red

So we know that Pearson likes to stick with what's working, but I think he is also a pragmatic man so I can see a few changes on Wednesday.

The obvious one is Williams getting a rest, but I think there will be others.

Conway took a few knocks and Scott didn't look 100% after that early challenge, do Martin and Wilson would be in with a chance, as would Andy King. Would Pring and Klose get starts too?

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Bentley

Vyner  Klose. Atkinson

Wilson.  King. Massengo. Pring

Weimann

Martin. Wells

I can see it being this 

Time to properly rotate. 8  changes.

O'Leary

Vyner Klose Towler 

Wilson King Massengo Pring

Conway

Martin   Bell

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Bentley

Vyner  Klose. Atkinson

Weimann

Martin. Wells

I can see it being this 

I'd be amazed if that was the starting 11...! 

I wouldn't expect to see Bentley,  Atkinson,  Massengo or Wiemann starting this one,  when O'leary has to get game time.. Bit limited on CB options,  but why risk Atkinson. 

Massengo is supposed to not be playing (contract) but is because needed & surely someone else needs minutes. 

Wiemann - just why,  when he's so important. 

With what's available we may even go 4-4-2, rather than usual formation. 

Not sure if Pearson favours the formation over personell,  or visa versa. 

Either way,  I'd confidently bet it won't be that starting 11 - although could be closer than I initially dismissed it as. 

5 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I think Tommy needs and deserves a rest. He’s already played more than he probably would have imagined and he took a few knocks today.

Definitely - he was bashed around a bit today and is probably a bit stiff and sore from all the tackles and grapples. He stood up to it well which shows a bit of maturity 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'd be amazed if that was the starting 11...! 

I wouldn't expect to see Bentley,  Atkinson,  Massengo or Wiemann starting this one,  when O'leary has to get game time.. Bit limited on CB options,  but why risk Atkinson. 

Massengo is supposed to not be playing (contract) but is because needed & surely someone else needs minutes. 

Wiemann - just why,  when he's so important. 

With what's available we may even go 4-4-2, rather than usual formation. 

Not sure if Pearson favours the formation over personell,  or visa versa. 

Either way,  I'd confidently bet it won't be that starting 11 - although could be closer than I initially dismissed it as. 

I’m assuming you’ve seen the Coventry line up where Weimann, Massengo, Atkinson and Bentley started?

I would bet it won’t be that XI as well. To correctly predict an XI for a League cup game is almost impossible.  Maybe you predict one and we see who gets the most correct! 

• Like 1

Just now, And Its Smith said:

I’m assuming you’ve seen the Coventry line up where Weimann, Massengo, Atkinson and Bentley started?

I would bet it won’t be that XI as well. To correctly predict an XI for a League cup game is almost impossible.  Maybe you predict one and we see who gets the most correct! 

The difference was we were in desperate need of a win. 

• Like 1

This was the starting XI from round 1 at Coventry (Burton). It produced some of our best football this season, and playing it arguably set up the fine league performances we've seen since.

I think we'll see Pring, Wilson and King back in place of Dasilva, Williams and perhaps Scott.

Klose could get a start...really any of the three CBs could have earned a rest.

Up front I think he'll stick with Weimann, Wells and Conway in the hope of another early blitz to kill the game and then bring them off.

Screenshot_20220821-190948.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Time to properly rotate. 8  changes.

O'Leary

Vyner Klose Towler 

Wilson King Massengo Pring

Conway

Martin   Bell

Bell is injured.

30 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Bentley

Vyner  Klose. Atkinson

Weimann

Martin. Wells

I can see it being this 

Apart from Weimann I think that will be very close to the starting XI, he was really struggling to make today’s game apparently & could badly do with a break. It could be Naismith instead of Atkinson, maybe?

As an aside Pearson has clearly decided that with Bajic not fit, he is not going to give Max a go.

Edited by GrahamC

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bell is injured.

Apart from Weimann I think that will be very close to the starting XI, he was really struggling to make today’s game apparently & could badly do with a break. It could be Naismith instead of Atkinson, maybe?

As an aside Pearson has clearly decided that with Bajic not fit, he is not going to give Max a go.

Run out of likes.  Didn’t know that about Weimann. Agree that Naismith over Atkinson could easily happen 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

So we know that Pearson likes to stick with what's working, but I think he is also a pragmatic man so I can see a few changes on Wednesday.

The obvious one is Williams getting a rest, but I think there will be others.

Conway took a few knocks and Scott didn't look 100% after that early challenge, do Martin and Wilson would be in with a chance, as would Andy King. Would Pring and Klose get starts too?

We need to implement project Phylis Nelson and Move Klose (in place of Zac or Rob)

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bell is injured.

Not so sure that he's clearly decided notvot pick O Leary.  I guess we'll see.

My take was that he decided to pick Bentley and the back 3 after Sunderland just to back them up. 

Think that things are different now 

Edited by The Bard
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Different situation now,  to then - 

I suppose the team he'll pick will differ to the one I think he should pick. 

I'm not sure what other you ayers could/should stake a claim - so with those from todays squad,  I'd probably guess (hope) at something like below,  resting/protecting those who need it... 

Not sure if NP will go that route or not. 

But OK... 

O'leary

Pring

Klose

Vyner

Wilson

King

Scott

Tanner

Dasilva

Martin

Wells

God knows what formation - but with game time in mind. 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Different situation now,  to then - 

I suppose the team he'll pick will differ to the one I think he should pick. 

I'm not sure what other you ayers could/should stake a claim - so with those from todays squad,  I'd probably guess (hope) at something like below,  resting/protecting those who need it... 

Not sure if NP will go that route or not. 

But OK... 

O'leary

Pring

Klose

Vyner

Wilson

King

Scott

Tanner

Dasilva

Martin

Wells

God knows what formation - but with game time in mind. 

I’ve not picked what I would do. I’ve picked what I think Pearson will do.  You’ve picked 6 defenders by the way. 

Nige will want to keep the ‘feel good’ vibe about the club and will select a team that he feels will be strong enough to beat Wycombe - bearing in mind the next Championship match is on Saturday so obviously Williams won’t be involved.

Who else he rests is anyone guess.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nige will want to keep the ‘feel good’ vibe about the club and will select a team that he feels will be strong enough to beat Wycombe - bearing in mind the next Championship match is on Saturday so obviously Williams won’t be involved.

Who else he rests is anyone guess.

Spot on with your analysis as usual............most insightful 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I’ve not picked what I would do. I’ve picked what I think Pearson will do.  You’ve picked 6 defenders by the way. 

Yeah,  but I'm picking more based on game time,  than anything. 

Wilson or Tanner could play more advanced. 

In writing my list down,  it's very much what I'd prefer than what I think NP will do - but I've no idea how he'll approach it. 

I'm hoping he makes as many changes as possible & I'm not sure who's in contention.

He may want to keep the run going and not change much,  in which case,  I'll have been wrong in my prediction. 

With injuries etc,  you may be closer than I initially thought - but I'd like to think he'll rest whoever he can. 

Don’t think Bentley, Scott, Atkinson, Williams, Conway will start. So could be a starting 11 of:

GK- O’Leary

Rwb- Wilson

Lwb- Dasilva ( subbed at some point )

Rcb- Vyner

Cb - Klose

Lcb- Naismith 

Cm- King

Cm- Massengo 

Am- Weimann 

St- Martin

St- Wells

I actually had Massengo & Weimann on my list to be rested, but struggled to realistically replace them. Certainly highlights a shortage of central midfielders with our current injuries! Would imagine both would be substituted on 60ish minutes if possible. Would also keep Vyner & Wells playing, as they are in a good vain of form after being potentially struggling to get game time. Still a decent starting eleven, which should be equipped to get a result. COYR 

Edited by Simon79