IGNORED

Reining in the Positivity

Port Said Red

On 04/09/2022 at 10:37, bcfc01 said:

The turnaround time/recovery time for this coming week is ridiculous.

Travel to Norwich on Tuesday (I assume), then travel back Wednesday night with a day off on Thursday probably.

Then up to Burnley on the Friday.

As you say, brutal and I'd be amazed if we get a couple of points from those games given the schedule.

They’d be better off staying Wednesday night and travelling to Burnley Thursday/Friday and train locally

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would agree with this though the caveat might be that if we don't go up, a sale needed by 31st May 2023 to count in this year's figures. Otherwise if after, it'd count towards 2023-24.

Could always extend accounting period to 30th June to get best possible price if it was needed.

Or we extend all of the expiring contracts and fairly push £2-3m of cost into next season and beyond!  Extending Kalas by 2 more years would save us £1m+ this year.  Maybe even cutting some of this seasons budgeted wage bill.

However if none of them extend, we probably save £8m+ in wages and amortisation next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I know @gornagain pointed this out to me, I have no excuse and it's very unlike me to get something like that wrong. Too late to correct it now though, so I guess it may be brought up come judgement day.

When I first saw this thread, I was tempted to post asking whether, if HRH Queen Elizabeth 2 was out riding her horse in heavy drizzle, she might be tempted to rein in her horse to protect her reign from the rain.

Luckily, I ref rained.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

When I first saw this thread, I was tempted to post asking whether, if HRH Queen Elizabeth 2 was out riding her horse in heavy drizzle, she might be tempted to rein in her horse to protect her reign from the rain.

Luckily, I ref rained.

Have to confess Phil , I like to think my spelling / English isn’t bad but I’ve learnt something from the correction ?

- I would have ignorantly made the same error

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I know @gornagain pointed this out to me, I have no excuse and it's very unlike me to get something like that wrong. Too late to correct it now though, so I guess it may be brought up come judgement day.

I’m just relieved you didn’t retaliate by pointing out that I missed out the apostrophe in let’s!

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I’m just relieved you didn’t retaliate by pointing out that I missed out the apostrophe in let’s!

PS - doh! doh!

Edited by Leveller
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Have to confess Phil , I like to think my spelling / English isn’t bad but I’ve learnt something from the correction ?

- I would have ignorantly made the same error

Yes, of course, there is an element of grammar/spelling, but there is also the matter of being able to retain snippets of trivia; a very questionable ability.

Two others that annoy me; 'towing' the line and top 'draw', although I have largely given up on commenting.

Oh, and please don't mention 'I would of thought', or even 'journeyman' footballer ?

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Many (many ?) years ago, I won a class prize in school for knowing three different spellings/meanings of words that sounded similar - rain, rein and reign, where we also had to explain what each word meant.

One further example was there, their and they’re, which is why it often annoys me when I see such words used inappropriately on here (and elsewhere).

Your very good at grammar. You can put that on you're CV ?

11 hours ago, downendcity said:

Pesimism comes naturally to Bristolians -its in our DNA - so reigning in positivity should not be too difficult!

Under LJ I think we became acclimatised to him taking us from sublime to ridiculous, so that a run of promotion form would invariably be followed by an equal run of relegation form 

It's unlikely that we wil sustain the current run, and at some point our goalscoring will likely dry up and if our defensive frailty continues then results will go against us.

However, I'm hoping that under Pearson that drop off in results will not be the slump that LJ would regularly produce . The type of football we are playing us much more positive and if we keep playing that way it will keep teams under pressure and creating chances. 

Tbh we've already seen that last season, there were plenty of defeats and dropped points but at no point did we go too long without picking up a win somewhere, certainly no more than 4 games or so.

7 hours ago, MarcusX said:

They’d be better off staying Wednesday night and travelling to Burnley Thursday/Friday and train locally

treign.

philinfrance has made me gramatically paranoid?

P.S. Does the monarch catch the Royal Treign when she travels up to Balmoral?

• Haha 1