IGNORED

Reining in the Positivity

Port Said Red

6 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Anybody who wants to know and see what kind of characters and squad we have needs to watch the Kane Wilson interview from last night, have to say that did excite me!

Something does feel different this time, the real tests are yet to come and as others have mentioned there will be lows that need reacting to and that will either bring us back down to Earth or raise the enthusiasm!

Do I think we will get promoted this year? No.

Do I think we could have a Team and group of individuals to get behind, get excited by and feel proud? Absolutely!

That interview last night showed a player who made the right choice in the summer in joining City.

It seems as though almost every championship club would have him in their sights but he chose us.  Location obviously important (was living in Tetbury and young family), but I think jumping two divisions must’ve played a factor in terms of going to a club 1) without an established RB / RWB and 2) a club that has a small squad, hence he’ll always be involved.  Back in the summer I thought we stood a real chance of getting him because of this.

We see with Djed Spence that a fantastic move to Spurs isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.  And I think we saw similar decision to Kane last season when Twine went to MK Dons as his first stepping stone, when perhaps a championship move looked more obvious, but also potential to get lost at the wrong club.  His football has done the talking and he’s now at Burnley.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Do I think we will get promoted this year? No.

Do I think we could have a Team and group of individuals to get behind, get excited by and feel proud? Absolutely!

very much my sentiments, looking forward to match days now!

Edited by DolmanGaz

14 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I noted Conway on Sunday saying the squad are aiming for automatic promotion. I personally like to hear that, not to pump up the fans, far from it, but shows belief within the squad. We are not a complete squad we know that, but if we can keep our forwards, be lucky with injuries, maybe have a few penalties, IMHO, there is no other side with a better frontline. There is no Mitrovic this season. Nige knows where we are, when we ride our luck, but he also knows squad mood, positivity is infectious , and is the core of all successful sides. The snowball starts rolling and builds momentum. 

Personally , in large part due to the young players coming through, this is one of the most enjoyable periods of following City. I find it fascinating. Take Conway . None of us really knew, maybe saw glimpses , but not really knew. Tins did, and so did Nige, and they saw what he has, and have been working hard with him. That goal on Sunday was not a tap in, not a thunderbolt, but a goal of great craft and skill. It was like, WTF . Just seeing that sort of , well surprise really, makes watching City so exciting. No matter where we end up, just seeing this evolution of our club, to a more professional, realistic, authentic identity , is what I have been hoping to see for decades. We finally look like a club aiming high, not a L1 wannabe

Love or hate NIge, there is no doubt his tenure will set in place a direction, approach, standards that will serve us well for years to come. 

We are singing off the same page.

I too get enjoyment from watching players develop. It's part of the journey.

And not just the youngsters.

Look at Weimann as an example. He was so frustrating in the past.

Play him in the right system, with the right players around him, use his strengths, rather than putting in a square hole...then they flourish. He's been as much an enjoyment to see fulfill his potential under the right directions as the likes of Scott, Semenyo and Conway. 

In a funny way...having no money and FFP has almost been a blessing in disguise. We realised it quickly and fast tracked and gave opportunities, which the players have grasped.

Maybe they would never have had these opportunities if had been different circumstances.

Either way...it's enjoyable to watch.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

38 minutes ago, spudski said:

We can agree to disagree on those views...bringing in players doesn't mean they will fit straight away. It's always a gamble. Right now we are kicking in the right direction. Your way could end in another step backwards.

This league is very open this year.

So what do we do? Never sign another player because we are doing ok now?

If we're talking about a Scott, Conway etc then I agree with you. 

However with only 2 years left on Semenyos contract then I think it's too much of a risk to keep him. The risk is that he will pick up another injury. Its a 15 million pound gamble. 

If we were signing Semenyo for 15 million, with his injury record and only on a 2 year contract would you be pleased with that? Because that's essentially what we'll be doing if we decide to not sell. 

And if there is concrete interest from Everton/Palace then let's not kid ourselves, he'll want to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great Post @Nogbad the Bad

The more I digest NPs work and the current ups (and downs) the more I think back over the 5 decades  of supporting ,and it may sound a bit of a wild statement ,   .......But  it’s not been much better than now during that time (Save for those few giddy years in Div 1)

Ive said a few times , in my time , we’ve never been a serious force or close to promotion favourite at this level, or even an ‘attractive’ club to players

Alan Dicks did a fantastic job to get us promoted , but it wasn’t expected , no obvious signs in the build up to it , and it was a completely different times in so many ways  

Gary Johnson did a fantastic job , got us to a play off final with a side , that in paper had no real right to be anywhere near there , and we were never fancied to be up there - He over achieved 

Other than those two anomalies we’ve huffed and puffed at this level , sometimes playing some bright football , often struggling .

So , it might not be ground shattering , but in terms of the brighter performance s at least , and our overall ‘standing’ , it’s probably as good now as it’s been , in my years , save  for those two seasons and the few Div 1 years 

Thats not to say we should have achieved more in that time , or don’t have the potential as a Club to do better in the future  , but , the fact we hardly have in the last 5 decades or so ,  puts things into some perspective.

Add in the obvious enjoyment and delight in seeing the likes of Semenyo, Scott , Conway breakthrough and deliver at this level and I’m struggling to argue when things have been brighter , or potentially brighter at least 

Watching Pearson get rid of the wasters and try to build and mould something , with ‘old fashioned values’ is something I’m enjoying , ...... and appreciating, especially considering the car crash he inherited

Our views , expectations , frustrations I accept change over time / as we get older , and if I was of a different age group I’d probably crave ‘quicker progress’ and more immediate achievement 

But for those who have recently posted about how dire and dreadful things are , some wanting Pearson’s head on a platter ..... take a deep breath , and suggest when things were so much rosier

I mean in no way to suggest we’ve ‘cracked it’ and are on our way to romping into the Prem , but playing some decent stuff at this level , being competitive , with some decent pros , and our own young players pushing in and delivering ,  is not the ‘norm’ historically 

I can’t see us regressing under NP (There will be a few bumps still to come) so it’s actually a time to enjoy , IMHO 

COYR

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 6

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

The more I digest NPs work and the current ups (and downs) the more I think back over the 5 decades  of supporting ,and it may sound a bit of a wild statement ,   .......But  it’s not been much better than now during that time (Save for those few giddy years in Div 1)

Ive said a few times , in my time , we’ve never been a serious force or close to promotion favourite at this level, or even an ‘attractive’ club to players

Alan Dicks did a fantastic job to get us promoted , but it wasn’t expected , no obvious signs in the build up to it , and it was a completely different times in so many ways  

Gary Johnson did a fantastic job , got us to a play off final with a side , that in paper had no real right to be anywhere near there , and we were never fancied to be up there - He over achieved 

Other than those two anomalies we’ve huffed and puffed at this level , sometimes playing some bright football , often struggling .

So , it might not be ground shattering , but in terms of the brighter performance s at least , and our overall ‘standing’ , it’s probably as good now as it’s been , in my years , save  for those two seasons and the few Div 1 years 

Thats not to say we should have achieved more in that time , or don’t have the potential as a Club to do better in the future  , but , the fact we hardly have in the last 5 decades or so ,  puts things into some perspective.

Add in the obvious enjoyment and delight in seeing the likes of Semenyo, Scott , Conway breakthrough and deliver at this level and I’m struggling to argue when things have been brighter , or potentially brighter at least 

Watching Pearson get rid of the wasters and try to build and mould something , with ‘old fashioned values’ is something I’m enjoying , ...... and appreciating, especially considering the car crash he inherited

Our views , expectations , frustrations I accept change over time / as we get older , and if I was of a different age group I’d probably crave ‘quicker progress’ and more immediate achievement 

But for those who have recently posted about how dire and dreadful things are , some wanting Pearson’s head on a platter ..... take a deep breath , and suggest when things were so much rosier

I mean in no way to suggest we’ve ‘cracked it’ and are on our way to romping into the Prem , but playing some decent stuff at this level , being competitive , with some decent pros , and our own young players pushing in and delivering ,  is not the ‘norm’ historically 

I can’t see us regressing under NP (There will be a few bumps still to come) so it’s actually a time to enjoy , IMHO 

COYR

Fantastic post.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

9 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

COYR

I think one of the big differences is that we've finally got a manager that has been there and done it. LJ did a decent job here but it mustn't be easy for a manager to get players to buy in to what they are doing when they themselves haven't achieved anything. 

Under previous regimes players would have had their doubts if that manager could take them to greater heights. 

Nige doesn't even have to say he's been there and done it. The players know. So when he teaches them to do this or that the players instantly buy into it because of his previous track record. They know he can progress their careers, Mahrez, Vardy etc are proof of that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

This is the season to not sell, however much it might appeal for FFP. If we can stay clean, and it seems we are close but not over the warning line, keeping this group together is essential if we have any outside hope of top 6. Next summer will be a huge change no matter what league we are in, a big group out of contract, and an almost certain sale of the two AS's . The league this yea does not have a Fulham , or even a Bournemouth. It is very open . 

Wholeheartedly agree. I’ve posted on more than one occasion that I think this is the season - even as far back as January - and I know that sets me up to look daft, but the facts are as above - the division is wide open, our squad is the strongest it will be in the “cycle” (absent contract renewal for some/somehow keeping hold of Scott and Semenyo), we have a very good manager and very good players. It’s worth putting down again - if you lined up in 3-4-3

Bentley

Kalas - Naismith - Atkinson

Wilson - Williams - Scott - DaSilva

Wells - Semenyo - Weimann

Then if we weren’t all city fans, we’d look at that and think it’s a top six side (with Sykes, Massengo, Conway, Martin etc to come). And that’s because it is.

• Like 2

Just on the side of “it’s the little things”, I don’t think Nige would have allowed as much free rein to the social media unless he was happy he knew where things were going and the environment was right.

Couple of examples there. The content from Austria in tone and togetherness really mirrored Botswana. 

The other example, is, bizarrely, the GIFs. We led on those in the Man Utd season and were flying with a great spirit. This season, the props are back (check Atkinsons) and it seems to be a squad in fantastic spirits. More than that though - if last season we had an “old school” gif of Bakinson titting around then there’d be pelters. Now - pretending to be the Undertaker is accepted. There is no way Nige would allow “light hearted” gifs (he’d have veto) if he wasn’t happy the squad was in the right place for the fans to accept them.

Nige had said last season about the squad “not being in a shape to accept loanees”. We are now, and the little things show why.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Sorry to disappoint you Graham but unbridled positivity as you can hear if you listen to our latest episode: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/and-so-the-improvement-continues/ 

We even gave you a name check!!

The opening comments….aren’t these really just further evidence of holding back on an opinion til you’ve seen a reasonable number of games / seen how a team “grows” (can be up and down) into a season.  Massive difference between evaluating:

- how did we play / perform today, and

- what is the trajectory of our results and performances (whilst acknowledging that performances and results don’t always correlate)

Both are different things, but get merged with bias.

The Bajic situation is a bit frustrating, but ultimately this is a long-term signing.  The impact on O’Leary frustrating too.  Unless we suddenly hear groans from Max, we’ve got to assume he’s content with the situation.

Massengo played left of King as Ian suggested in more of a midfield three.  We didn’t play with anyone playing in a “Weimann role”.

The 9 mins extended highlights give a better appreciation of some of the positing and play, albeit just the main attacking action.

The bit by Ian on Leicester / Nige was interesting.   Perhaps looking on City’s own situation, he ought to reflect on how he ignores the similarity when calling for Nige’s sacking…actually Leicester’s situation is exponentially better than ours, but Nige gets no slack!  It does show how over a number of occasions calling for “Nige out” has been very petty, especially as he’s saying he now wants to wait til end of Sept to evaluate.  Why didn’t he say that after 2 games?

Baker and injuries - “we’ve only got 4 players injured” (a positive comment made - noted), doesn’t that again prove the pettiness of moaning we had 8 players out just 7/10 days ago.  Players are always gonna be in and out of injuries, we know that with a small squad it can expose us.  Nige is happy to work with a smaller squad and happy with the risks of doing so. We’ve rested Williams a couple of times already this season, we rested Andi Weimann too last night, maybe challenge that back.

Agree would be good to get an update on Kalas…if there is one.

Blackpool isn’t pivotal…good…one league game shouldnt be (not early this season).  Agree re momentum too.

Team selection for Saturday:

Ian won’t be far off with Cardiff Eleven being Blackpool Eleven.

Dave - same age old debate re trying to label players “first picks”.  We now have competition for places, desire to keep the shirt, desire to push for the shirt is what we’ve been after for ages.  James has been injured, he’s just played 29 minutes on return, we shouldn’t be getting too worried about his position in the team / squad, just like Semenyo or Martin for different reasons.  Last season none of our central midfielders played >75% of  minutes, James play 67%, Scott 66% (of which half were at RWB!),Massengo 59%, etc.  I’m sure James will start many games this season.  The current “run” might end Saturday!

Nige does want to play the type of football you discuss, but the important thing is, it’s gonna take time to build a squad in that mould.  So that doesn’t mean casting aside Chris Martin, or Timm Klose or whoever, it’s recognition there is a transition to getting there.  Ian might not like the word “transition” but it doesn’t change that you can’t go from the squad we had (zero identity) to the squad we want (with an identity) in one window, or even three windows, especially when you have 1) no money and 2) a culture to rebuild.  So whilst we are transitioning expect players who don’t quite fit the end-game to be a part.  Funny how Andy King, a “waste of a signing” pre-season (and last season) is helping so many of the youngsters, not just off the pitch.  He is not “power and pace”, but if he can help someone like Kadji or Scott (who do have those elements), then there has to be recognition of the part he plays in “making others better”.  Ian is right, it’s a squad game (yay x recognition at last!!).  I like the statement - “no shame in being on the bench”.

Gape yellow on Scott was a yellow, watched it earlier, wasn’t quite as bad as Gary made it out on the radio.

Bench is the harder selection this weekend I reckon.

Bashiru (Wednesday) - the Bakinson transfer is an irrelevance, it’s done and dusted, in the accounts.  Thats cashflow, which Steve sorts out.  Bashiru  transfer would not become cheaper just because there might be stage payments for Tyreeq.  Nobody knows if there is genuine interest anyway.

Iroegbunam (Villa) - do you think he’d share enough minutes versus our other midfielders that are currently here, to justify the cost of a loan?  Sol Bamba can play in midfield too.

Yes, if Semenyo goes, then suddenly we have re-investable money.  Changes the landscape hugely.  Need to remember it’s really a case of how do any funds received change an annual budget, not just this season, but future years.

Watford - plus the dodgy £16m sale and loan back of the guy to Udinese.

Lots of comments but I enjoyed listening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It's hard isn't it?

I keep telling  myself we are not out of August yet.

I keep telling myself we lost the first two matches of the season.

I keep telling myself that we had a similar start under Dean Holden, with one defeat in September and then never won a game in October.

I keep telling myself that the vultures are circling for our prize assets.

But then I see the way we are playing, and we have looked so good even with only 20 minutes from our star striker.

But then I see that we seem to have strength in depth in many positions.

But then I see the younger players taking their chances to be a part of it all 

But then I see the attitude in the camp and the atmosphere, and being told by a player "it's as good as I can remember in my career".

But then I see a coaching team who are experienced enough, but flexible enough to deal with the changes in the game, and somehow it feels different to me this time. 

But there is a familiarity in that it's how I felt about successful teams here in the past. 

But I am reigning in the positivity....

Maybe a hammering at Blackpool will help. :ph34r:

The more I stare at these musings, the more they resemble a David Bowie cut-up, with the great man booming 'Is there life on Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars?' at the end.

Nurse! The tablets please, its @Port Said Red again!!!

Edited by Curr Avon

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's very simple - it's all down to having an extremely competent manager, and the longer NP's with us the stronger we will get.

Nige has fostered the best squad spirit since Cotts after a long and arduous process of jettisoning the majority of the overpaid or disinterested dross accumulated by Johnson and Ashton, and rejuvenating the enthusiasm, and very careers, of others.

A father figure to the younger players and totally respected by the more experienced pros.

A happy squad indeed and they must be delighted their livelihoods and careers are in the hands of such an experienced, focussed, and intelligent individual.

At last we're seeing a determined, exciting, and contented City squad giving everything for the manager, the club, and the fans.

That's been a hell of a long time coming so after years of dissatisfaction and disenchantment with many aspects of the club, including the attitude and performances of all too many players, I for one am going to enjoy it.

Players may have to be sold and we all know we won't win every week, but now whoever's wearing the City shirt we can be confident the inevitable setbacks and disappointments won't be down to lack of desire, effort or team spirit.

Collectively their heads are in the right place and they know exactly where they stand with Pearson, and how high his expectations are for each individual, and they're responding positively as one.

Supporting City is enjoyable again and, at last we have a manager and squad that genuinely merit our support.

City are back. Cheers Nige.

Flawless post.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Really tough game Saturday.  Blackpool are a decent side, and they’ve had a week off too.  Hopefully we will see the same good things we’ve seen throughout the season…the things that have started to build optimism.

If I was purely looking at results, I’d be delighted to return south unbeaten.

Me too, whether Weimann is fit to play or not, I’d take a point now.

I expect a meltdown from some on the match day thread if we go behind though.

21 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

The more I stare at these musings, its like a David Bowie cut-up, with the great man booming 'Is there life on Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars?' at the end.

Nurse! The tablets please, its @Port Said Red again!!!

Glad you appreciate the effort. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

Sorry to disappoint you Graham but unbridled positivity as you can hear if you listen to our latest episode: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/and-so-the-improvement-continues/ 

We even gave you a name check!!

Very kind, you are by no means the first person to call me boring.

I listened to the first bit, so do you really believe as you said, that we had a “shocking” start to the season?

I think most reasonable observers would suggest we had the rough end of the decisions at Hull, so beyond the result I’m not sure there was too much wrong there.

I did think the Sunderland game slipped away from us, so accept that wasn’t great, but I saw a first point on the board at Wigan as ok, so I am failing to see “unbridled positivity” in that assessment.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Very kind, you are by no means the first person to call me boring.

I listened to the first bit, so do you really believe as you said, that we had a “shocking” start to the season?

I think most reasonable observers would suggest we had the rough end of the decisions at Hull, so beyond the result I’m not sure there was too much wrong there.

I did think the Sunderland game slipped away from us, so accept that wasn’t great, but I saw a first point on the board at Wigan as ok, so I am failing to see “unbridled positivity” in that assessment.

By no means were they shocking. They were 3 games that we could have so easily of won and now we'd be sitting top of the league dreaming of the Premier league. Fine margins. 

Last season and the one before the majority of games were shocking. The progress is clear to see. 

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It maybe a results business, but it was hardly Holdenball. I cannot see how anyone could describe it as shocking unless it's describing achieved points only (or it's my Rovers mate). We played some decent stuff at times and bar some very dodgy decisions that were out of our control, we could easily have had 1 or 3 points at Hull and definitely 2 more from Wigan if they were down to 10 men considering the weather. No complaints with the Sunderland result though.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's very simple - it's all down to having an extremely competent manager, and the longer NP's with us the stronger we will get.

Nige has fostered the best squad spirit since Cotts after a long and arduous process of jettisoning the majority of the overpaid or disinterested dross accumulated by Johnson and Ashton, and rejuvenating the enthusiasm, and very careers, of others.

A father figure to the younger players and totally respected by the more experienced pros.

A happy squad indeed and they must be delighted their livelihoods and careers are in the hands of such an experienced, focussed, and intelligent individual.

At last we're seeing a determined, exciting, and contented City squad giving everything for the manager, the club, and the fans.

That's been a hell of a long time coming so after years of dissatisfaction and disenchantment with many aspects of the club, including the attitude and performances of all too many players, I for one am going to enjoy it.

Players may have to be sold and we all know we won't win every week, but now whoever's wearing the City shirt we can be confident the inevitable setbacks and disappointments won't be down to lack of desire, effort or team spirit.

Collectively their heads are in the right place and they know exactly where they stand with Pearson, and how high his expectations are for each individual, and they're responding positively as one.

Supporting City is enjoyable again and, at last we have a manager and squad that genuinely merit our support.

City are back. Cheers Nige.

Superb post, bravo! ?

• Like 1

The September break will be a really good time to evaluate.

Six games until then, four of them away. Huddersfield and Preston at AG, away at Blackpool, Blackburn, Norwich and Burnley. Not all started that strongly, but a very good smattering of pre season ‘fancied’ teams in that lot. If we can hit the break in mid table will be very happy indeed.

• Like 2

Not making it easy for me are they? :)

I still think the next three will be the test, I would fancy us in all the games individually, but all in the same week means reaching and maintaining a very high level. At least we have a good break after (except for those on international duty).

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Not making it easy for me are they? :)

I still think the next three will be the test, I would fancy us in all the games individually, but all in the same week means reaching and maintaining a very high level. At least we have a good break after (except for those on international duty).

Think the 2 away games next week are brutal, would honestly be happy with anything from them.

Norwich have recovered from a slow start & are scoring freely, Burnley have drawn a fair few but are very tough opponents on their own ground.

6 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I don't know why, but for some reason this team  has a whiff of the 2007 / 2008 season about it.

Feet on the ground, it’s eight games, etc etc.

However, although we were not poor in the first three games, we have played significantly different since Martin has not been a starter. It is never one thing of course, and came down to NP feeling he now has enough pieces in place to not need that kind of role in the staring 11.

I am nervous even saying this, but the way we played yesterday, the power and energy, fast transition, even the conceding a goal now and again, there were emerging similarities with the Wolves and Leeds side in their promotion seasons. Can we keep up those energy levels for a whole season? Will injuries spike a thin’ish squad? No idea, but just going to enjoy the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Think the 2 away games next week are brutal, would honestly be happy with anything from them.

Norwich have recovered from a slow start & are scoring freely, Burnley have drawn a fair few but are very tough opponents on their own ground.

The turnaround time/recovery time for this coming week is ridiculous.

Travel to Norwich on Tuesday (I assume), then travel back Wednesday night with a day off on Thursday probably.

Then up to Burnley on the Friday.

As you say, brutal and I'd be amazed if we get a couple of points from those games given the schedule.

24 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

The turnaround time/recovery time for this coming week is ridiculous.

Travel to Norwich on Tuesday (I assume), then travel back Wednesday night with a day off on Thursday probably.

Then up to Burnley on the Friday.

As you say, brutal and I'd be amazed if we get a couple of points from those games given the schedule.

Probably even an argument to do what Cotts liked to do, take the whole squad up, stay in Norwich after the game & then go straight up North on Thursday?

Certainly it does us absolutely no favours & with our only free week coming up, even playing on the Tuesday would have helped.

• Like 2

To think it was only 12 months ago when I was celebrating a 5 yard pass completion as if it was a goal.

Far from out of the woods and a couple of defeats will bring the Pearson-Outers back again, but I am really starting to believe we can at least be competitive in the League and avoid the embarrassment of the constant ‘they were the worst team we’ve played’ comments in other Championship Club’s Forums. 

Here's one.

Post Preston at home, we play two Parachute clubs. Away from home.

We're absolutely in a better place now but our record last season, it was not pretty in these games. 3 home draws and 2 home losses isn't too bad, the Fulham game especially was a spirited one and Palmer's goal was fortunate but Fulham were fortunate to avoid a 2nd yellow in 1st half at 0-0. A Fulham reduced to 10 before HT and we're looking good

Away from home?

P5L5F4A16

ANY kind of return here will be an improvement, especially in the away games.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

• Admin
3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Here's one.

Post Preston at home, we play two Parachute clubs. Away from home.

We're absolutely in a better place now but our record last season, it was not pretty in these games. 3 home draws and 2 home losses isn't too bad, the Fulham game especially was a spirited one and Palmer's goal was fortunate but Fulham were fortunate to avoid a 2nd yellow in 1st half at 0-0. A Fulham reduced to 10 before HT and we're looking good

Away from home?

P5L5F4A16

ANY kind of return here will be an improvement, especially in the away games.

Last season we finished 17th, gotta do a lot better than improve if we are to meet the players’ objectives this season. As long as we beat Preston, I’d then be happy with 1 draw/1 defeat from the two aways though.

• Like 4

30th Dec 2017 we were in 3rd place behind Wolves, Wolves on 58pts us on 47pts; the season finished with Wolves 1st on 99pts and we fell away ending 11th on 67pts. Point being we managed only a further 20pts after xmas after a good first half and not for the first time either.

So yes we have a great young team/squad and things are great atm BUT its only Sept so lets not get to high up the ladder just yet, sorry but we have form........for falling away after xmas.

Lets also go for the top 2 rungs by April if we are going for it as we dont have great form in play off finals either.

Dont mean to p on our undoubted great form and hopes but this season is far from over, just yet.

Edited by gl2