IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match thread

40 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Yep. Worth adding when looking at what would appear a stuttering start from Huddersfield. in their 5 games they have been edged out by a goal by both Norwich and Burnley, and drawn with WBA. On paper a tougher start than us.

No easy games etc etc.

Yes,, anybody thinking this will be anything but a tough game will be disappointed..

We will need to be at it from the kick off.

• Like 1

Everyone saying Semenyo over Wells is the call, I would say otherwise.

Still a day to go in the window, as unlikely as it is, all it takes is for a low table premier league team to pick up the phone and hes gone. Playing Nakhi will help keep his morale, he could feel replaced when hes had a decent run of form (give or take only one goal) but still.

My Team - 

Bents

Sykes  Vyner Naismith Atkinson Dasilva

Scott          Williams

Weimann

Wells          Conway

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Everyone saying Semenyo over Wells is the call, I would say otherwise.

Still a day to go in the window, as unlikely as it is, all it takes is for a low table premier league team to pick up the phone and hes gone. Playing Nakhi will help keep his morale, he could feel replaced when hes had a decent run of form (give or take only one goal) but still.

My Team - 

Bents

Sykes  Vyner Naismith Atkinson Dasilva

Scott          Williams

Weimann

Wells          Conway

Think we will see HNM or James partner Scott in midfield tonight - Williams to be on the bench

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Me too.

My hunch is Scott & James, Sykes returning as RWB.

I think you're right. Williams doesn't start 2 in a week  and HNM was hooked at half time on Saturday, so I think this is what he'll go with. Although I'd rather see HNM ahead of James (just because James slows the game down a bit too much).

Edited by Sleepy1968
5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Remember that tonight's game is on RobinsTV and is available in the UK.

Is it the case that the Robins TV pass is available for UK viewing, as its not clear on the website? When I checked the other day it wasn't listed and neither did it appear to meet the criteria for the 'new games' available at club discretion for streaming, but it wouldn't be the first time odd things have happened with what's available and what isn't.

I was just about to get in the car and drive down, but what with the price of petrol and the prospect of 8 hours driving today, watching on the box is a no-brainer. Looks as though our STs this year may get used only a couple of times the way things are going. 

20 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Is it the case that the Robins TV pass is available for UK viewing, as its not clear on the website? When I checked the other day it wasn't listed and neither did it appear to meet the criteria for the 'new games' available at club discretion for streaming, but it wouldn't be the first time odd things have happened with what's available and what isn't.

I was just about to get in the car and drive down, but what with the price of petrol and the prospect of 8 hours driving today, watching on the box is a no-brainer. Looks as though our STs this year may get used only a couple of times the way things are going. 

Midweek games not selected for other broadcast are in RobinsTV and are available in the UK.

This is a snip from the OS preview.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/tinnion-on-robins-tv-for-huddersfield-town-clash/

Screenshot_20220831-093810.png

Edited by ExiledAjax
19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Plus Michael Hardcastle - author of the teen football books, Free-Kick, On The Run, etc (the Mark Fox series) was a Huddersfield fan too.  Used to love his books as a kid.  He visited our school.

I’ve got a feeling he came to our school too…

https://www.wsc.co.uk/stories/14111-the-simple-joy-of-michael-hardcastle-s-morally-sound-and-well-illustrated-books

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Midweek games not selected for other broadcast are in RobinsTV and are available in the UK.

This is a snip from the OS preview.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/tinnion-on-robins-tv-for-huddersfield-town-clash/

Screenshot_20220831-093810.png

I suspect this means those with overseas connections will not need to use their VPN if they happen to be in the UK today...

Is it on Sky Red Button too, or not?

2 hours ago, paul james said:

Why is there no programme that we can print on the website ? I for one loves programmes and not having one really annoys me.

Look on e-bay and the programmes are one of the most expencive items of all clubs.

Tonight’s programme: https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/67188228/2022-23-bristol-city-v-huddersfield-town

5 hours ago, Will b11 said:

It’s been a while since I’ve had this excitement to get down the gate for games, hopefully we can recreate similar atmospheres we had for the Luton and Cardiff games, 2-1 win I’m going for. 

Just to warn you I am coming down tonight for my first game of the season and I have a shocking win record when I attend - Sorry ?