IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match thread

14 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Who you playing in the Weimann role then?

Could easily rotate between Wells and Semenyo in turn. I would have said Benarous if not for the injury and where/if Weimann needed a rest.

Scott doesn't get involved enough when played there I need my opinion.

Just floating random thoughts to be honest.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not having a go, honestly, but that reads very much like - I don’t want to evolve my opinion of Wells, my mind is made up.

For many people, both here and on Twitter Wells was their MOTM or a close contender.  FWIW I thought he had a couple of poor touches in the opening 10 minutes, then I though he gave as good an all-round forwards performance as you could give for a player of his type / ability level.

Judging on a single game basis…What didn’t he do (for you) last night?

All I'm saying regarding Wells, Dave is that one swallow doth not a summer make.

I hope his improved form continues, but given the choice of Semenyo or Wells, there can only be one winner.

If I had to chose between Conway and Wells for the other birth, then I would rather develop an exciting young prospect than go with a player I don't think really wants to be here.

Whilst on the subject of forwards, I think Andi Weimann is a great asset (though I've never been quite sure what his best position is) but Chris Martin is well past his sell by date.

Others may of couse see things differently.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
15 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

All I'm saying regarding Wells, Dave is that one swallow doth not a summer make.

I hope his improved form continues, but given the choice of Semenyo or Wells, there can only be one winner.

If I had to chose between Conway and Wells for the other birth, then I would rather develop an exciting young prospect than go with a player I don't think really wants to be here.

Whilst on the subject of forwards, I think Andi Weimann is a great asset (though I've never been quite sure what his best position is) but Chris Martin is well past his sell by date.

Others may of couse see things differently.

What on earth gives you that idea? From the outside looking in he's been nothing but professional and gives his all whenever he plays. Nige has even said (last season) when Wells wasn't in the side how great he is around the place, ie helping the young ones, getting his head down working hard and waiting for his chance.

• Admin
16 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

What on earth gives you that idea? From the outside looking in he's been nothing but professional and gives his all whenever he plays. Nige has even said (last season) when Wells wasn't in the side how great he is around the place, ie helping the young ones, getting his head down working hard and waiting for his chance.

Plus listen to his interview last night, he's very aware the he "owes this club some performances". I wouldn't be averse to seeing him receive a contract extention.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

As I said, we all see things differently, that's what discussion is all about. I doubt you will change my opinion any more than I will change yours.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

As I said, we all see things differently, that's what discussion is all about. I doubt you will change my opinion any more than I will change yours.

Totally agree.

IMO a player who asks to play for the U23's when not getting starts for the first team, isn't someone who doesn't want to be here. Nige wouldn't want them here let alone start them every week.