IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match thread

Just now, Bris Red said:

Great result another clean sheet will only help confidence aswell!

Without wanting to sound negative but im really not convinced about Naismith. He makes me feel on edge whenever he is in possession.. Yes his set pieces are good but Christ his primary role in the team is to defend.

Yep, two really sloppy moments today, selling Atkinson short with an awful cross pitch ball and then almost selling Bents short in the box with another casual poor ball. He simply has to cut those silly errors out, or (like at Blackpool and home v Sunderland) it will cost us more goals.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, The Journalist said:

“I just see something in Semenyo, the way he strikes the ball off both feet, the power he generates with little backlift... I don't think finishing is going to be a problem for him.”

Posted this in December 2020. Still don’t think finishing is going to be a problem for him.

On the replay it looked like there was a little bit of backlift but in the moment the shot came out of nowhere. What a player.

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Shout out I think to Vyner. Fair to say been on a journey with us, but another 90 and was not the one causing some collywobbles today. Did his job.

Agree with this.....Vyner needs more cover from Skyes...he has a habit to be slow to track back leaving Vyner all at sea... 

Edited by MelksRed
  • Like 1

I am extremely pleased NP is silencing his critics.

He has achieved marvels with so few resources.

But this is nowhere near a side that could survive even for a season in the top flight.

Look at Bournemouth result at weekend, and tonight Notts Forest, who have spent millions and millions.

Steady as she goes should be our motto.  Mid table finish would be fine by me.

Imo, we are unlikely to mount a serious promotion challenge in the next two to three seasons.  We need to go up and stay up.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Yep, two really sloppy moments today, selling Atkinson short with an awful cross pitch ball and then almost selling Bents short in the box with another casual poor ball. He simply has to cut those silly errors out, or (like at Blackpool and home v Sunderland) it will cost us more goals.

It was something that Tinnion mentioned on Robins TV, 5 or so goals from errors like that. 

Nige came in and had 2 jobs to sort on the playing side:

Scoring: He took over a team which couldn’t score, he changed that last season and we started to create chances, which this season we are converting.  

Defending - However, the increased scoring chances left us weak in defence, along with the personnel to defend well.  This season he has recruited well and we are now getting clean sheets and looking more solid.

Nige has slowly but surely turned the ship around, and if we can keep everyone tomorrow then playoffs have to be a possibility.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Great result another clean sheet will only help confidence aswell!

Without wanting to sound negative but im really not convinced about Naismith. He makes me feel on edge whenever he is in possession.. Yes his set pieces are good but Christ his primary role in the team is to defend.

You need that level of bravery though to keep possesion and be comfortable playing our from the back. I get where you’re coming from but I think he’ll learn and improve.

• Like 2
Just now, Ivorguy said:

But this is nowhere near a side that could survive even for a season in the top flight.

Look at Bournemouth result at weekend, and tonight Notts Forest, who have spent millions and millions.

Imo, we are unlikely to mount a serious promotion challenge in the next two to three seasons.  We need to go up and stay up.

Nah unless we have massive Forest type investment, just get promoted and then get on the gravy train, be a yo yo for couple of years and build each time, if the Lansdowns remain around they won’t get itchy fingers on the sack button, then you build a Prem team with longevity 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

That sounds good in theory but in practice, quite a lot of sides in this division are much of a muchness and then the teams who get in the playoffs have 1-2 special players who make the difference.  We have to take our opportunity while we can.  Look at Hudds last season vs. this one.  At least if we were battered in the Prem we would have the parachute money to make a more sustainable push

17 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I have always said given our restrictions finance wise, expecting anything more than mid table is a little unfair this year. I think that would represent real progress.I would be very pleased with that.

Got to say, looking at the form of some of our youngsters, we can however dream a little! I am sure NPs frustration will be he can see where the one or two missing pieces of the jigsaw are and is not in a position to do too much about them.

Think the next four games before the break tell us a fair bit. Blackburn away, Preston home, then Burnley and Norwich away. Tough little run that. Nothing we should be scared of and fancy us to score every match, but can our midfield/defence hold up against ‘fancied’ teams?

O to have this forward line and a completely fit and in form Baker and Kalas, sigh. Not to be.

Not dull is it, either way.

Edited by cityexile