IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match thread

26 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m normally Mr Sensible but someone is going to have to give me a bloody good reason why this team can’t finish in the top six.

defensive mistakes remain a weakness

referees could continue giving us nothing (at least in the last games they did not harm us ? )

a few injury-prone players in midfield who have to be carefully managed (firstly Wiliams)

transfers limitations due to financial problems, that could prevent us the possibility of strenghtening in the winter window (except if we sell one of our young stars and find the right players to bring in)

That being said...at the moment the team is surely improving, results are good, so we have reasons to be optimistic (playoffs or not).

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 3
49 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Pleasing to see tonight. I don't think we were at our best, but saw the game out very well. 

We played our game, and limited them to very little. 

Ashton Gate is becoming a fortress, and long may it continue! 

A smaller squad seems to be doing wonders for us. There's a real harmony amongst the players. 

Interestingly, Pearson was rather critical of the way we saw the game out during his post-match interview on Radio Bristol.  Says we needed to show more authority, and acknowledged how errors had put us in trouble on occasions.  
A good three points considering we didn’t play particularly well for periods of the game.

8 minutes ago, red colin said:

No straight swap naismith for James 

Bentley

Vyner klose Atkinson

Sykes  Williams naismith Dasilva 

Seems good to me adding height and quality in front of back 3 and adding naismith passing quality further forward  ,pack used to win headers there and we don't have that at the moment in deep midfield. 

1 minute ago, red colin said:

Bentley

Vyner klose Atkinson

Sykes  Williams naismith Dasilva 

Seems good to me adding height and quality in front of back 3 and adding naismith passing quality further forward  ,pack used to win headers there and we don't have that at the moment in deep midfield. 

He was signed as a CB. Honestly don’t know why people keep trying to run with this one. Highly unlikely he will be used in centre mid.

• Like 7

Funny because I can honestly say (probably like many there) that both City goals were going to be goals before they actually hit the net.

The cross for the first, I almost cheered that, and when Antoine gets it in that position you're thinking... hey, hang on...

Thoroughly enjoyable night at AG

Again. So happy.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

Another good home win. We weren’t at our best, but what really pleases me is that after a few seasons of often looking really poor, this season we have tended to be the better side. Long may it continue. 

Alex Scott was quiet tonight but we still looked better when he was on the pitch. 

Semenyo is superb. 

We still have a tendency to try to shoot ourselves in the foot by making poor passes in dangerous areas. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Evening all!   Let's hope they can keep the run going with a win tonight, once again I think it will be a very close game. I'm looking for a couple of goals win, hopefully one from Wells and one from Semenyo after he comes on around the 70th minute.  Anyway, best of luck boy's, Come On You Red's.

I hope you put a fiver on that ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I enjoyed that.

Hudds not a bad side, but both sides were trying to suss each other out moving the ball side to side. When we eventually got in behind we looked threatening and took our goals so well.

Isn’t it nice to see us scoring lovely goals? Remember those scrappy tap ins off Famara’s arse! It’s refreshing we’ve got a side down there playing lovely stuff and scoring goals.

Up the Nige!

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Interestingly, Pearson was rather critical of the way we saw the game out during his post-match interview on Radio Bristol.  Says we needed to show more authority, and acknowledged how errors had put us in trouble on occasions.  
A good three points considering we didn’t play particularly well for periods of the game.

I think NP is very wary of our young squad getting ahead of themselves. Evidently most of our players still need to cut errors out of their game if they want to be the best they can be, and Nige will be telling them to keep working hard and take nothing for granted.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Yep, two really sloppy moments today, selling Atkinson short with an awful cross pitch ball and then almost selling Bents short in the box with another casual poor ball. He simply has to cut those silly errors out, or (like at Blackpool and home v Sunderland) it will cost us more goals.

I know football is full of ifs and buts. However if these two mistakes didn’t happen we’d be sat joint top at this early stage, which just goes to show how a couple of unfortunate goals/mistakes do happen every few games that cost points then over a season it adds up to a lot of lost points. 

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think NP is very wary of our young squad getting ahead of themselves. Evidently most of our players still need to cut errors out of their game if they want to be the best they can be, and Nige will be telling them to keep working hard and take nothing for granted.

He’s just completely level headed

No ego , not too up , not too down , win lose or draw

To me he exudes realism , experience , and whether I agree with selections , substitutions or any other element

Quite simply  I trust him

If the players do , which they absolutely appear to , then we are in good shape 

• Like 11

I love Naismith, I think the good far outweighs the bad, but CHRIST!

How many loose, dodgy passes and lapses has the bloke made already?

Surely some sort of record for a new signing.

Don't get me wrong, I really like him for the good stuff, lots of it.

Like people have said, I'd rather watch exciting games over boring negative stuff.

And I thought we were a little better than some people are saying tonight, Nigel included.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Pretty average to poor performance I thought actually and might have lost if Huddersfield had anyone to put the ball in the net.

Sign of a good team to win nonetheless and Semenyo is basically cheat mode at this level

Things must be up if you think that was a poor performance??

• Like 2
1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Like people have said, I'd rather watch exciting games over boring negative stuff.

I thought we were a little better than some people are saying tonight, Nigel included.

This was the only negative for me tonight. He does some great stuff Naismith, and adds a calming presence.

But sometimes it’s far too casual for me.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

And I thought we were a little better than some people are saying tonight, Nigel included.

I've caught myself cheering tonight when he brought the ball out and pumped it aimlessly forward. That's a win as far as I'm concerned. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

This was the only negative for me tonight. He does some great stuff Naismith, and adds a calming presence.

But sometimes it’s far too casual for me.

Think it’s something we may have to accept to a large degree Lew

I can’t say I was greatly knowledgable about Naismith or his career , but there are various comments on Luton’s Forum about his faux pas’s

Doesnt mean he shouldn’t be striving to eliminate them , but I get the impression that it’s going to happen occasionally

• Like 1

Thought we did play ok tonight and just about edged it but we gave them some soft chances which they did not take. Luckily we have some of the best Strikers in the League.

Some observations of mine: Throw ins down the right hand channel kept going all the way back to the keeper so we were surrendering an advantage and slowing things down too much. 

Too slow to spot the runs of the forwards at times, either being overly patient or not spotting the runs being made. 

Anyway a good win and we're playing well currently.