IGNORED

Something Brewing

BS3City

If we can keep this squad fit and healthy - with not too many suspensions - we’ll have a decent season in my view. That’s the nub of it for me - a few bad injuries and it will be different. For example, we all recall the impact of Weimann’s long term injury (especially Dean Holden!). We also need Kalas and and Klose back so that we are less threadbare in the back three. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

The next three games are going to be massively interesting. If we can bang in 2or 3 against a Preston side that don’t concede. And then get something from trips to Norwich and Burnley in 4 days. Something really would be brewing then! 

Brum (who have been pretty shit so far this season) managed a 1-0 at Preston today. Despite our record against them in recent years I fancy us for 3 points.

38 minutes ago, BS3City said:

I've pinched the phrase from a fellow OTIBer, but I've got a real feeling something is starting to happen. Been a City fan for 46 years, so have seen plenty of false dawns (like we all have), but the current crop of focused, engaged, exciting youngsters, mixed with good experienced pros, serious interested coaches, a vastly improved fitness team, level-headed Richard Gould, and a massively experienced manager who everyone seems to trust genuinely gives me more optimism than I've had for years. 

Of course it could all change - it wouldn't be our Bristol City if there wasn't that risk - but I think there are so many reasons to be positive at the moment. 

So get yourself to the next game if you can. If you've got a mate who hasn't been for a while tell him to get down the ground too, cos we are good. I understand that times are hard, and the world is a tough place, but if you can go - go! 

Spread the word "something is brewing", and Ashton Gate is the place to be! 

I'm proud as **** to be a City fan, massively so at the moment, but even when we are crap!

COYR!!!!!! 

Agreed Mate.

We are all in for a tough winter by the sounds of it; this City team can lift everybody’s spirits.

• Like 1
  • Robin 3

4 minutes ago, i_am_red said:

Picture it. It’s 2026. An England team featuring Alex Scott, Tommy Conway and Kal Naismith - fresh from winning the Prem and CL with Bristol City - have just won the World Cup beating rivals Scotland (who include Joe Bryan and Louis Carey).

COYR

Unfortunately the Cup has been awarded to Scotland , as England fielded an illegible player , as Naisnith is %100 Scottish ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 2

23 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Proud to have never had doubts. ? 

Good for you.  I had huge doubts, as did many others, and at times last season was an absolute shambles.  However it appears that Pearson has emerged from his own personal darkness with new life, and I’m glad to say this season has wiped away the doubts I had.  I feel good about that, but I don’t apologise for the doubts I had.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Good for you.  I had huge doubts, as did many others, and at times last season was an absolute shambles.  However it appears that Pearson has emerged from his own personal darkness with new life, and I’m glad to say this season has wiped away the doubts I had.  I feel good about that, but I don’t apologise for the doubts I had.

Dropping Martin and playing front men who can press well has made a big difference in how we are playing.  I don’t think any fan would pick Martin now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, i_am_red said:

Picture it. It’s 2026. An England team featuring Alex Scott, Tommy Conway and Kal Naismith - fresh from winning the Prem and CL with Bristol City - have just won the World Cup beating rivals Scotland (who include Joe Bryan and Louis Carey).

COYR

I've been to the future and I have bad news, there is no Bristol City. The Gap became so massive that the whole of the UK fell into it. 

• Haha 7

14 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

I wouldn't say it's all down to Big Nige.

Development of the youngsters over the past few years has been a big plus and much of that has been down to Tinman.

Lots of little strands but brought together by a management group with a plan that everyone has bought into, lead by a proper manager who knows how to man manage and build a team.  Lots to like at present, some challenges coming up with out doubt, but you have always got to fancy this lot to score in every game right now

• Like 1