IGNORED

Something Brewing

BS3City

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I think the schedule for those two away games is asking too much to expect any positive results.

Getting up to Norwich midweek and then to Burnley means more travel time than time on the training ground and I wouldn't base anything on those two games.

However, I do expect a positive result against PNE, they are due to let a few in imo.

The fact we have to play at Norwich on the Wednesday and at Burnley on Saturday disgusts me. The Norwich game should be on Tuesday if there's any natural justice. I saw Russell Martin complained yesterday that they had to play at Boro on Saturday and at Stoke on Wednesday ('1,000 miles on a coach') but at least they had a bit of space between away matches. The only mitigating factor for us would be if we are able to fly back from Norwich.

I think something is indeed "brewing" but I think if we're being realistic we should be very pleased with anything in the top 10, considering the last few seasons. That said though the championship can be quite turbulent so you never know.

My heart wants to get whisked away with the hype and excitement, but my head remembers all the prior seasons where we've had an awesome start and then it just hasn't happened! (Including getting pretty close to being relegated not too long ago!)

Edited by YGBjammy
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

Dear Nigel,

Six League games unbeaten, top scorers in the Division, and third as of 4.50pmish yesterday. Why did I feel so bad when Reading snatched our prized place today?

If we keep this up it'll mean checking the League table every week, asking @davefevs whether our pressing levels have fluctuated and wanting promotion.

Success, whether short, or long term can be highly stressful.

Please consider this now youve transformed our players into a supercharged, tight, fluid, hungry, possession based unit, sprinkled with stardust that's now being talked up in the media.

Yours sincerely

A very happy idiot.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Robin 1

• The title was changed to Dear Nigel - What the hell is going on?
3 hours ago, Alessandro said:

This just simply isn't true or as black and white as that.

LJ and DH gave youngsters games - if you were good enough, you played off top of head - Kelly, Bryan, Reid, Tammy. Max O'L, Semenyo, Towler, Vyner, Moore, amongst many names being introduced.

The difference is NP has the quality of Scott, Conway, Benerous and now Semenyo etc vs. the quality of player like Joe Morrell, Wes Burns, Bakinson and Janneh coming through.

Next level quality for NP, so very easy to say X didn't give enough chances and Y does. Can you give me 2 or 3 players LJ or DH didn't play enough who've been released and gone to the next level?

Nothing’s ever black or white. I’ll give you Kelly, he was exceptional, but Bryan’s breakthrough was under Cotts in the double-winning season and Reid was in and around the squad then too. Tammy didn’t come through the academy, so we can disregard him. 

I agree with you that the current crop of youngsters are the best so far, but they wouldn’t have got the chances under previous managers IMO. They might’ve been in for one game and thrown under the bus the next. That’s neither here nor there, mind. 

Anyway, back on topic, we are going up! 

• Admin
6 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I think the schedule for those two away games is asking too much to expect any positive results.

Getting up to Norwich midweek and then to Burnley means more travel time than time on the training ground and I wouldn't base anything on those two games.

However, I do expect a positive result against PNE, they are due to let a few in imo.

4 hours ago, firstdivision said:

The fact we have to play at Norwich on the Wednesday and at Burnley on Saturday disgusts me. The Norwich game should be on Tuesday if there's any natural justice. I saw Russell Martin complained yesterday that they had to play at Boro on Saturday and at Stoke on Wednesday ('1,000 miles on a coach') but at least they had a bit of space between away matches. The only mitigating factor for us would be if we are able to fly back from Norwich.

Would have been tough to do with Tuesday/Saturday but could we potentially fly to Norwich around mid-day on Wednesday, check in to our hotel, stay there after the Norwich game then travel to Burnley on Thursday and train at a local club on Friday?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Would have been tough to do with Tuesday/Saturday but could we potentially fly to Norwich around mid-day on Wednesday, check in to our hotel, stay there after the Norwich game then travel to Burnley on Thursday and train at a local club on Friday?

Frustrating that both Norwich and Burnley get an extra day to recover after their previous game than we do. Makes a very tricky few days even tougher. 

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

Cost an arm and a leg, but could be worth it...

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

I would imagine that we will be doing something like this - pointless travelling back to Bristol after the Norwich game, arriving back in Bristol at 3am, only for the players to be getting back on a bus for Burnley the following day

15 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I would imagine that we will be doing something like this - pointless travelling back to Bristol after the Norwich game, arriving back in Bristol at 3am, only for the players to be getting back on a bus for Burnley the following day

And, after Burnley, we have the international break so they can have a few extra days off then to make up for it. In previous years I think they`ve had most of the first week off and then back in training for the second.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And, after Burnley, we have the international break so they can have a few extra days off then to make up for it. In previous years I think they`ve had most of the first week off and then back in training for the second.

Players often don't welcome extended trips away but with spirit in the camp buoyed by our current form it could actually magnify it.

• Like 3