IGNORED

Foxes Forum -Views on Nigel Pearson

Abraham Romanovich

7 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

I don't remember you mentioning taking a club to the PL making you a proper manager.

You mentioned managers with promotions on their CV, so I suggest Gary Johnson and Steve Cotterill.

I'm sure you wouldn't agree that GJ was a proper manager though!

Promotion to the PL - not promotion from the lower leagues qualifies any manager as ‘proper’……..

• Hmmm 1

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Promotion to the PL - not promotion from the lower leagues qualifies any manager as ‘proper’……..

By your rationale then, Parker is 2 x the manager of NP.

Two Championship seasons, 2 promotions...a lot more to it.

Clearly Wilson's achievements at Barnsley taking them up are to be applauded but here, twice close but no cigar. Couldn't get us over the line.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

By your rationale then, Parker is 2 x the manager of NP.

Two Championship seasons, 2 promotions...a lot more to it.

Clearly Wilson's achievements at Barnsley taking them up are to be applauded but here, twice close but no cigar. Couldn't get us over the line.

Scott Parker has achieved two promotions to the PL and that makes him a proper manager Imo.

15 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

What’s your explanation of a ‘proper manager ‘ then ?

That phrase means nothing and is waft, without an explanation ?

or is it as shallow as you’ve inferred ?

A ‘proper’ manager to me is someone who has significant experience of managing higher up in the football pyramid with promotion to the PL on their CV.

3 hours ago, Logical-City said:

Anyone who watched city between 02-04 should know City would have been at there best with Doherty and Tinnion in the middle we dropped a lot of points to teams teams like Colchester, Chesterfield by playing Doherty and Brunell every week in the middle. 

I've been watching city since 1986

3 hours ago, Logical-City said:

Anyone who watched city between 02-04 should know City would have been at there best with Doherty and Tinnion in the middle we dropped a lot of points to teams teams like Colchester, Chesterfield by playing Doherty and Brunell every week in the middle. 

Yes, but to be fair Isambard was at his peak around the time that Temple Meads Station was built and designing the Suspension Bridge, so was well past his best during DW's time here and was never really a midfielder. :)

• Haha 5

On 04/09/2022 at 11:20, Sheltons Army said:

He’s like that middle aged , weathered RAC guy who turns up to you as you are marooned on the side of the M5 with steam emerging from somewhere under the bonnet and a very poorly motor, you’re thinking catastrophic 

Stressed , because you absolutely have to get somewhere and babbling your stress in blind panic to him

He gives a slight grin as he opens the side door on his van reaching for some tools , turns to you , chuckles and says with a slight smile

‘Don’t worry mate ............I’ll have you off and running in 20 mins or so’

And you realise......he will

I'm having this tattooed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Taking Yeovil to the championship is a bigger achievement imo

Absolutely

It’s nonsense ,

there are and have been some great / really decent managers over the years like GJ , who have never got near the Premier League , probably for a reason , different jobs , requirements , skill sets etc 

Johnson’s achievements particularly  at Yeovil and and us p*** all over Parker’s promotion to PL with parachute clubs for example 

‘Proper manager’ is waffle , , shallow & meaningless without real context 

Square pegs in square holes is the key

Pep for example is clearly an exceptional coach with top end players to play his absolute requirements

We all joke about it , but see how good you are if thrown in at Chesterfield with players that simply can’t play the way you demand

Someone like Klopp would find a way and both are unquestionably ‘elite’ managers but the fit  , the requirements , the ingredients/tools  available are all different 

• Like 5

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Pep for example is clearly an exceptional coach with top end players to play his absolute requirements

We all joke about it , but see how good you are if thrown in at Chesterfield with players that simply can’t play the way you demand

Someone like Klopp would find a way and both are unquestionably ‘elite’ managers but the fit  , the requirements , the ingredients/tools  available are all different 

Never taken a team from the Championship to the Premier League though have they. Bald fraud and a toothy conman respectively.

• Haha 7

Gary Johnson took Yeovil from the Conference to league 1 in 4 seasons. 

He then took City into the championship and to within 90 minutes of the prem in his first 2 full seasons. ( something his apparently more illustrious predecessor DW failed to do)

On his return to Yeovil  he took them into the championship.

In between he "called out" Robbored in his office.

I think that qualifies him as a "proper manager".

The championship play off final season a perfect demonstration of a manager making a team greater than the sum of it's parts  and it's a shame that for many he will be remembered more for the manner of his departure than the peak of his time here.

• Like 11
  • Flames 4

5 minutes ago, TomF said:

Wondered why this was a hot topic.  Wish I hadn’t 

Hmm...I wonder ... are you sure you can't reinstate that function of the ignore feature which meant that you didn't have to see the resident troll even quoted? 

The fact that he feels able to even comment on what makes a proper manager boggles my mind. 

Btw GJ gave me some of my happiest memories at the city,  loved him and so did his players...Cotts demanded respect and built a formidable maybe l league one team.. DW? flattered to deceive imo...

Edited by Will Rollason
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Same.

Though to be fair, it must be at least a whole month since the resident attention seeker last did this argument, so it was probably due again.

He repeats himself over and over all the time. About any topic, we’ve heard it about a million times.

It’s tedious.

• Like 3