IGNORED

Birmingham away

mightyreds89

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Was suggested on OS that 1,900 was an initial allocation and so would assume we’ll be getting some more. Having said that, probably only a few hundred more - Coventry had 2,200 for their game on Saturday.

Yeah, Birmingham got 16k on Saturday and the capacity is 19k (in a 29k stadium) so when you take empty seats in the home end 2.2k max away support sounds about right.

Edited by Numero Uno

19 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Impressive, bearing in mind its nearly three weeks until the game ?

Fingers crossed for another allocation ?

Impressive I would say very annoying as very few of us get a chance to travel to an away game these days, the first come first serve based on the fact you have the spare time and finances to travel to more than 3 away games up north a season is extremely flawed imo, had the same struggles getting a ticket for Bournemouth last season after months of planning hotels and train tickets for friends  found myself completely restricted from getting a ticket would have qued at the ground given the opportunity, completely unfair 

Edited by Logical-City

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Impressive I would say very annoying as very few of us get a chance to travel to an away game these days, the first come first serve based on the fact you have the spare time and finances to travel to more than 3 away games up north a season is extremely flawed imo, had the same struggles getting a ticket for Bournemouth last season after months of planning hotels and train tickets for friends  found myself completely restricted from getting a ticket would have qued at the ground given the opportunity, completely unfair 

But surely the fact that loyalty is being awarded is the only fair way?

Imagine if you had been to 22 away games, came to the last game and didn't get a seat

19 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Impressive, bearing in mind its nearly three weeks until the game ?

Fingers crossed for another allocation ?

It clearly stated 1900 was an INITIAL allocation and Coventry had extra when they sold out their first batch recently

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

But surely the fact that loyalty is being awarded is the only fair way?

Imagine if you had been to 22 away games, came to the last game and didn't get a seat

It clearly stated 1900 was an INITIAL allocation and Coventry had extra when they sold out their first batch recently

You have to give people the opportunity to get a ticket. Announcing the release date and time of tickets and selling them at the ground the old fashioned way allows a chance for all, my experience last year and this season trying to get a ticket for Birmingham and Bournemouth in the away end was frustrating to say the least!

Despite spending £600 on a season ticket I have 0 chance of getting a ticket to certain away games that’s not right 

Adding to that the current system allows for people to buy up to 10 tickets per season ticket.

Some one with a Bristol Sport online account can add up to 20 season tickets on their online profile and mop up tickets in seconds

If someone is able to at work they can be given season tickets from multiple season card holders and clean up the tickets for them and their well organised group of City supporters 

This happened with the Bournemouth game 100 tickets were left I got 3 by the time I entered my card info they were sold out ! I took the day off work to buy tickets and was completely shafted never had a chance 

Sell away tickets at the ground if you can’t get there to buy one or if can’t get a family member to the ground to buy one better luck next time at least EVERYONE gets an opportunity to see an away game.

Its a classism of I get more time to watch City I’m entitled to get a ticket 1st BS

Edited by Logical-City
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

You have to give people the opportunity to get a ticket. Announcing the release date and time of tickets and selling them at the ground the old fashioned way allows a chance for all, my experience last year and this season trying to get a ticket for Birmingham and Bournemouth in the away end was frustrating to say the least!

Despite spending £600 on a season ticket I have 0 chance of getting a ticket to certain away games that’s not right 

Adding to that the current system allows for people to buy up to 10 tickets per season ticket.

Some one with a Bristol Sport online account can add up to 20 season tickets on their online profile and mop up tickets in seconds

If someone is able to at work they can be given season tickets from multiple season card holders and clean up the tickets for them and their well organised group of City supporters 

This happened with the Bournemouth game 100 tickets were left I got 3 by the time I entered my card info they were sold out ! I took the day off work to buy tickets and was completely shafted never had a chance 

Sell away tickets at the ground if you can’t get there to buy one or if can’t get a family member to the ground to buy one better luck next time at least EVERYONE gets an opportunity to see an away game.

Its a classism of I get more time to watch City I’m entitled to get a ticket 1st BS

Birmingham tickets sold out yesterday afternoon, they went on general sale at 2pm on Friday. You had ample time to get one.

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

You are making out like city tickets snapped up by touts in seconds. 

As others have said giving loyalty to those that travel more often is the fairest way. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

You are making out like city tickets snapped up by touts in seconds. 

As others have said giving loyalty to those that travel more often is the fairest way. 

I don’t agree but it is the way it is and the powers that be agree,

My point is a lot of us want to watch City away but can’t afford to every week so when there is a close away game I at least want an opportunity currently their is little to 0 chance

And no touts are not getting the tickets but City fans do band together in large numbers passing details on to aquantinces with Bristol Sport accounts to get their tickets all you need is login details season card info and a spare hour one person can mop up a lot of tickets and do for popular fixtures 

This rules out chances for large parts of the fan base who used to go to the ground and que up to ensure they got to see a game 

Its a flaw of the modern online ticket model if you are an older supporter who is IT illiterate you are not allowed a chance to see your club at a big away game. That’s not fair a significant amount of tickets should be made available for at the ground sale not on the phone or online where club employees can take advantage which also happens so many young supporters at away matches no doubt being given tickets by mates in the know not a conspiracy it’s a fact take a look around at Birmingham away at the demographic 

Edited by Logical-City
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

My point is a lot of us want to watch City away but can’t afford to every week so when there is a close away game I at least want an opportunity currently their is little to 0 chance

And no touts are not getting the tickets but City fans do band together in large numbers passing details on to aquantinces with Bristol Sport accounts to get their tickets all you need is login details season card info and a spare hour one person can mop up a lot of tickets and do for popular fixtures 

This rules out chances for large parts of the fan base who used to go to the ground and que up to ensure they got to see a game 

But doesn't being able to get the ground and queue place you at an unfair advantage over people who live further afield/work during opening hours?!

I completely take your point, but if I went to near enough every away game but then missed out on tickets to this one - one of the plumb away games - because I couldn't get to the ground to get a ticket in person or they decided to share them around I'd be equally miffed.

I realise it's annoying but I think you're looking at it from a very specific point of view.

5 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

It’s a flaw of the modern online ticket model if you are an older supporter who is IT illiterate you are not allowed a chance to see your club at a big away game. That’s not fair a significant amount of tickets should be made available for at the ground sale not on the phone or online where club employees can take advantage which also happens so many young supporters at away matches no doubt being give tickets by mates in the know 

There was no priority sale beyond season ticket holders and then members. You have stated that you have a season ticket, all tickets went on sale to season ticket holders as 10am on Thursday. Tickets only sold out yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

But doesn't being able to get the ground and queue place you at an unfair advantage over people who live further afield/work during opening hours?!

I completely take your point, but if I went to near enough every away game but then missed out on tickets to this one - one of the plumb away games - because I couldn't get to the ground to get a ticket in person or they decided to share them around I'd be equally miffed.

I realise it's annoying but I think you're looking at it from a very specific point of view.

No because it evens out one week I won’t be able to get to the ground and que for a ticket where you might be able to then you get that ticket on that occasion I live in Weston-Super-Mare but I’d travel to the ground to que I did in the 00s many times 

Todays system allows you an hour to get a ticket some just buy them and don’t go just because they can and decide on the day make them travel to buy that dosent happen 

As I said before the current system does not give many ANY opportunity to have a chance to see a popular away fixture opportunity for all is what is fair 

Edited by Logical-City

No because it evens out one week I won’t be able to get to the ground and que for a ticket where you might be able to then you get that ticket on that occasion I live in Weston-Super-Mare but I’d travel to the ground to que I did in the 00s many times 

Todays system allows you an hour to get a ticket some just buy them and don’t go just because they can and decide on the day make them travel to buy that dosent happen 

As I said before the current system does not give many ANY opportunity to have a chance to see a popular away fixture opportunity for all is what is fair 

How many people do you really think are buying tickets without planning to go? You genuinely think that is the thing costing you a chance to get to that game?!

Nonetheless, I get that you're annoyed and hope somehow a ticket lands your way and you're able to get to the match.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

What is fair is that for all those who make the effort to get up at the crack of dawn every other week, regardless of where we’re playing, get first dibs on the closer or more important games. That’s why they’re called loyalty points. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

I could be wrong here as I don't go to away games half as much as I used to but isn't it also quite rare for us to sell out an away end? Especially before general sale? 

I know there are exceptions like FGR in the cup etc with smaller allocations but most of the time they certainly don't sell out within the hour. 

I went to Burnley Saturday and I got a ticket fine and I haven't even got a membership this season yet. 

Really think your argument is flawed and I believe those that travel the most/ST holders should get 1st dibs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Logical-City said:

It's not first come first served.

There is a priority period for people with Season Tickets. Which you said you have?

So assuming you missed this priority period?

Your username is quite ironic...

• Like 1

Just now, Littlesh*t said:

I could be wrong here as I don't go to away games half as much as I used to but isn't it also quite rare for us to sell out an away end? Especially before general sale? 

I know there are exceptions like FGR in the cup etc with smaller allocations but most of the time they certainly don't sell out within the hour. 

I went to Burnley Saturday and I got a ticket fine and I haven't even got a membership this season yet. 

Really think your argument is flawed and I believe those that travel the most/ST holders should get 1st dibs

I was talking about away games for popular fixtures such as Bournemouth last season or Birmingham in October I get the loyalty points but to have 0 up for general sale isn’t right not everyone can afford the long haul fixtures or can physically travel that far but they aren’t allowed any opportunity to get a ticket? That’s my point 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

It's not first come first served.

There is a priority period for people with Season Tickets. Which you said you have?

So assuming you missed this priority period?

Your username is quite ironic...

Yes have you tried buying tickets online or does someone do this for you ? Priority is not first for season cards its based on away game attendance then a season card

Following that what is left is mopped up in around 20minutes where systems will crash people will buy 20 in one go and chances of getting one are less than a lottery win

This is for again popular fixtures 

Edited by Logical-City
  • Confused 1

Yes have you tried buying tickets online or does someone do this for you ? Priority is not first for season cards its based on away game attendance then a season card

Following that what is left is mopped up in around 20minutes where systems will crash people will buy 20 in one go and chances of getting one are less than a lottery win

Talking nonsense here.

For Birmingham next month, it was purely for season ticket holders. Everyone who wanted to go had opportunity to get one before they sold out. There was no away points scheme in place for that.

On the very odd occasion that previous away game history is used (like Bournemouth) then I’m afraid it’s tough. Priority should always go to those who put in the most effort. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Its a flaw of the modern online ticket model if you are an older supporter who is IT illiterate you are not allowed a chance to see your club at a big away game. That’s not fair a significant amount of tickets should be made available for at the ground sale not on the phone or online where club employees can take advantage which also happens so many young supporters at away matches no doubt being given tickets by mates in the know not a conspiracy it’s a fact take a look around at Birmingham away at the demographic 

That's utter nonsense. There were 1900 tickets available. Being a season ticket holder you had priority. Just because you were slow off the mark isn't anyones fault but your own.

• Like 3

It’s much fairer than a free for all by queuing at the ground. Why shouldn’t those who go to all away games get more of a chance of a ticket? There is never a perfect system but this is pretty good. 

If they brought back in person at sales at the ground there would be 99.9% unhappiness. I think you need to move into the 21st century.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

No it isn't. First priority is to season card holders. There is NO points system.

• Like 1

But surely the popular fixtures are the ones that those that go to many away games deserve the opportunity to get tickets for?  This isn't the 90's anymore .  Most things are done online now and most people know someone that could help them out.

I'm still unsure what your argument is? 

I went to 2 away games last season and the Cov game this.  I don't think I would get any priority with a record like that, but was able to book up easily.  

You're swapping those that can only get them online with those that can get to the ground on a working day...?  You're on here, so you're clearly not one of the IT illiterate you refer to, so I'm confused as to why you have an issue?  With the greatest of respect, Logical, your argument is illogical.

• Like 2