IGNORED

Birmingham away

mightyreds89

1 hour ago, Logical-City said:

Impressive I would say very annoying as very few of us get a chance to travel to an away game these days, the first come first serve based on the fact you have the spare time and finances to travel to more than 3 away games up north a season is extremely flawed imo, had the same struggles getting a ticket for Bournemouth last season after months of planning hotels and train tickets for friends  found myself completely restricted from getting a ticket would have qued at the ground given the opportunity, completely unfair 

So it's alright for all the London , Devon, Cornwall, South Wales, Norwich based season ticket holders to give up a day's work to drive to Ashton Gate to buy a ticket for a match that they then have to travel hundred's of miles to attend. You really haven't thought this through have you ?

• Like 4

@Logical-City I'd like to know how you being a season ticket holder, has somehow made it to make you (and only you) have zero chance of getting a ticket for Birmingham away? You then mention they should go on general sale? Why should anyone who hasn't been all season be able to snap one up in front of a more loyal supporter who has gone to more games?

The tickets weren't sold out in seconds, it wasn't some superstar concert. If you cannot get online for a few minutes to easily secure your away ticket, then how can you manage to travel from Weston to queue up for hours?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Where have you got this idea from?

My experience trying to get a ticket for Bournemouth last season announced at 10am 100 tickets would go on sale

Logged in at 9:50 ready to buy took time off work refreshed at 10:05 10 tickets left still couldn’t get in got 3 tried to buy “there is a problem” refreshed again 0 tickets available 

We were 17th in the Championship nothing to play for how do 100 tickets go in 10 minutes at 10am on a weekday?

An organised effort that’s how and that shouldn’t be allowed not the fans fault but the opportunity to do that shouldn’t be available 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Logical-City said:

My experience trying to get a ticket for Bournemouth last season announced at 10am 100 tickets would go on sale

Logged in at 9:50 ready to buy took time off work refreshed at 10:05 10 tickets left still couldn’t get in got 3 tried to buy “there is a problem” refreshed again 0 tickets available 

We were 17th in the Championship nothing to play for how do 100 tickets go in 10 minutes at 10am on a weekday?

An organised effort that’s how and that shouldn’t be allowed not the fans fault but the opportunity to do that shouldn’t be available 

Maybe you should have refreshed at 10:00 when the tickets became available, like a 100 other people did. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

100 tickets in 10 minutes? Oh the horror ?

Can’t wait untill you find out what Glastonbury ticket sales are like.

Basically you dont want to go away very often, but want a guarenteed ticket when you fancy it.

• Like 11

Just now, Betty Swallocks said:

Maybe you should have refreshed at 10:00 when the tickets became available, like a 100 other people did. 

I was logged in at 9:50 the tickets appeared at 10 was trying to purchase for the whole 10 mins they were up believe me a very infuriating experience as I seen no reason how I could not get at least 2 of those 100 but I never had a chance 

Just now, BCFC_Chris said:

Basically you dont want to go away very often, but want a guarenteed ticket when you fancy it.

It’s not Glastonbury though is it it’s Bristol City away at Bournemouth 

1 minute ago, BCFC_Chris said:

No I want the OPPORTUNITY not a 0 chance because of who I know and if I can get to Hull or Or Sunderland 

6 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

So you've made it up then? You are saying 1 season ticket holder can buy 10 tickets during the season ticket holder priority period but have zero evidence to back that up.

• Like 1

Just now, Logical-City said:

I was logged in at 9:50 the tickets appeared at 10 was trying to purchase for the whole 10 mins they were up believe me a very infuriating experience as I seen no reason how I could not get at least 2 of those 100 but I never had a chance 

I’d say the reason would be that there were plenty of people quicker off the mark than you were.

Those tickets were always going to have been sold out by 10:01.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I can no longer attend so if anyone would like a ticket please DM me and we can chat.

45 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

No because it evens out one week I won’t be able to get to the ground and que for a ticket where you might be able to then you get that ticket on that occasion I live in Weston-Super-Mare but I’d travel to the ground to que I did in the 00s many times 

Todays system allows you an hour to get a ticket some just buy them and don’t go just because they can and decide on the day make them travel to buy that dosent happen 

As I said before the current system does not give many ANY opportunity to have a chance to see a popular away fixture opportunity for all is what is fair 

Exiled, meet Logical.

Logical, meet Exiled.

Problem solved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

So you've made it up then? You are saying 1 season ticket holder can buy 10 tickets during the season ticket holder priority period but have zero evidence to back that up.

I may be wrong I think you can add 10 season cards on each Bristol Sport profile and buy 3 tickets on each season card on that profile 

So assuming you have access to to multiple profiles for example and have 10 cards added on each of those profiles with multiple browsers open you can get a lot of tickets purchased for people that is possible yes so silly people like me are waiting by the PC at 9:50 ready to buy when I never had a chance. Also staff will have ways of securing tickets 

Edited by Logical-City
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

I may be wrong I think you can add 10 season cards on each Bristol Sport profile and buy 3 tickets on each season card on that profile 

So assuming you have access to to multiple profiles for example and have 10 cards added on each of those profiles with multiple browsers open you can get a lot of tickets purchased for people that is possible yes so silly people like me are waiting by the PC at 9:50 ready to buy when I never had a chance. Also staff will have ways of securing tickets 

You’re wrong. 

Does feel a bit like 

Just now, Logical-City said:

It is starting to feel a bit like a lone man shouting at the rain hoping it'll stop, at this point.

As I say, hope you get something sorted, but it feels to me like you've had one bad ticket experience, missed out on tickets for this fixture because of your own fault and now you're trying to come up with a solution for a problem that doesn't really exist.

Hope you have a better afternoon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

How many season ticket holders do we have?

How many of them do you think wanted to go to a nice trip to Bournemouth? There would have been loads of people who didn't get Bournemouth tickets who wanted them, unsure why you seem to think it's some sort of conspiracy against you.

Whenever me or a friend book away tickets you have to be organised to a degree. Are you actually having a go at people for organising themselves to get tickets, on the basis you cannot organise yourself? If we go away there are usually 4 of us, so of course you want to get 4 tickets together. Or do you expect families and/or friends to be split up in the ground?

3 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

You are wrong. Correct. 

Just spouting made up nonsense now. Good to see the pubs doing a good early trade though.

Just now, Taunton_BCFC said:

People moaning hahaha they were on sale to ST holders before anyone else. Not many sold tbf! I was expecting to sell out! General sale was Friday 10am and they only sold out yesterday! So plenty of time for anyone who wanted one to get one 

This really should be the end of any argument of not securing a Birmingham away ticket. Nobody to blame bar himself on this game whatsoever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Ok I hold my hands up if so, I just preferred getting my away tickets at the ground was an easier life and no concerns of foul play within the system 

There is no foul play within the system, you’ve just made that up in your head.

Logical ?

Edited by Betty Swallocks
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

No I want the OPPORTUNITY not a 0 chance because of who I know and if I can get to Hull or Or Sunderland 

You had the same opportunity as lots of other fans that morning, some who were lucky to get the 100 that were available, and undoubtedly there were lots like you who missed out.

Unfortunately sometimes demand will outstrip supply.  Fact of life.  There will have been times when queuing up in person results in someone closing the queue before you get your chance.  

Edited by Davefevs

7 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Ok I hold my hands up if so, I just preferred getting my away tickets at the ground was an easier life and no concerns of foul play within the system 

Did you go the ground during the sales period to try and buy a (Birmingham) ticket ? as people have collected them already. I doubt that you would have been turned away.

59 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Yes have you tried buying tickets online or does someone do this for you ? Priority is not first for season cards its based on away game attendance then a season card

Following that what is left is mopped up in around 20minutes where systems will crash people will buy 20 in one go and chances of getting one are less than a lottery win

This is for again popular fixtures 

If I wanted to go to this game I would login during the season ticket priority period and buy one myself.

As others did.

But this game didn't sell out until well into general sale.

So you waited for all 3 sales periods and still missed out on a ticket.

The rest of your post you are talking absolute bo**ocks. 

Wrong about the priority, wrong about the amount of tickets ST holders can buy.

You missed out on a ticket for a game that didn't sell out until well into general sale, that's no one else's fault other than yours.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Littlesh*t said:

I could be wrong here as I don't go to away games half as much as I used to but isn't it also quite rare for us to sell out an away end? Especially before general sale? 

I know there are exceptions like FGR in the cup etc with smaller allocations but most of the time they certainly don't sell out within the hour. 

Not particularly rare.

Despite a largely poor season on the road last year we sold out Bournemouth, West Brom, Cardiff, Swansea, Coventry, Fulham and I’m pretty sure Reading?

Not sure about QPR? Close to sell out if not.

I think that maybe the reason this one has sold out so quick is due the the fact that, so far this season, it’s BY FAR the closest away game we’ve had/will have.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

There will (hopefully) be far more sell outs towards the end of the season if we are still in with a shout of the play offs. It wouldn't surprise me if the club then introduce a points system based on Season card holders with the most points getting priority. I can't remember the details but Logical-City may be correct that Bournemouth last year was on a points system. I suspect Season card holders would have had next priority though.

The club did actually announce a points based system at some time last season or the season before but not sure if it was ever implemented.