IGNORED

Birmingham away

mightyreds89

7 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Trying to get to a few away games, Birmingham included, to clock up some points for our three wembley appearances later in the season, and the bernabeu season after next. 

Me too. Wigan, Blackburn done. Birmingham, WBA, Reading next month.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

That's utter nonsense. There were 1900 tickets available. Being a season ticket holder you had priority. Just because you were slow off the mark isn't anyones fault but your own.

This. Dont complain when you were given the opportunity to get one, be quicker next time.

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

So it's alright for all the London , Devon, Cornwall, South Wales, Norwich based season ticket holders to give up a day's work to drive to Ashton Gate to buy a ticket for a match that they then have to travel hundred's of miles to attend. You really haven't thought this through have you ?

You could negate that by selling the away tickets only from a pop up , in Kensington , Truro , Swansea and Norwich , and Ashton Gate , on a rotating basis

??

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Logical-City said:

Impressive I would say very annoying as very few of us get a chance to travel to an away game these days, the first come first serve based on the fact you have the spare time and finances to travel to more than 3 away games up north a season is extremely flawed imo, had the same struggles getting a ticket for Bournemouth last season after months of planning hotels and train tickets for friends  found myself completely restricted from getting a ticket would have qued at the ground given the opportunity, completely unfair 

You are a Season Ticket holder yes?

Tickets went on sale to ST holders last Thursday and only sold out yesterday…..you had plenty of opportunity to get a ticket.

Edited by Loosey Boy

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Really?

Yes we have history there , long time ago but as the saying goes think we caught the zulus with there pants down 

if you went you would know . 
Tbf when ever they come to the gate they don’t seem to bad a set of fans to be honest , not far to travel from Weston & brean mind

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, redkev said:

Yes we have history there , long time ago but as the saying goes think we caught the zulus with there pants down 

if you went you would know . 
Tbf when ever they come to the gate they don’t seem to bad a set of fans to be honest , not far to travel from Weston & brean mind

we have tighter immigration laws/border control in Weston now 

On 20/09/2022 at 13:56, Logical-City said:

No I want the OPPORTUNITY not a 0 chance because of who I know and if I can get to Hull or Or Sunderland 

I haven't been to an away game all season and despite being abroad got a Brum ticket a day after they went on sale.

Bournemouth was quite a unique circumstance, I've rarely struggled for away tickets including Cardiff, Swansea, Luton, QPR etc which often sell out.

As for buying from the ground only...... its 2022. A load of fans live outside Bristol like myself, its a mad idea. 

On 20/09/2022 at 12:07, Logical-City said:

You have to give people the opportunity to get a ticket. Announcing the release date and time of tickets and selling them at the ground the old fashioned way allows a chance for all, my experience last year and this season trying to get a ticket for Birmingham and Bournemouth in the away end was frustrating to say the least!

Despite spending £600 on a season ticket I have 0 chance of getting a ticket to certain away games that’s not right 

Adding to that the current system allows for people to buy up to 10 tickets per season ticket.

Some one with a Bristol Sport online account can add up to 20 season tickets on their online profile and mop up tickets in seconds

If someone is able to at work they can be given season tickets from multiple season card holders and clean up the tickets for them and their well organised group of City supporters 

This happened with the Bournemouth game 100 tickets were left I got 3 by the time I entered my card info they were sold out ! I took the day off work to buy tickets and was completely shafted never had a chance 

Sell away tickets at the ground if you can’t get there to buy one or if can’t get a family member to the ground to buy one better luck next time at least EVERYONE gets an opportunity to see an away game.

Its a classism of I get more time to watch City I’m entitled to get a ticket 1st BS

With respect, you are talking absolute garbage.

Initial allocation for any away game is to Season Ticket holders only. I believe you have stated you are in that category so I do not think I have to explain why this is so to you.

The current system DOES NOT allow anyone to buy 'up to 10 tickets per season ticket'. The only way that this can happen is if one person is buying OTHER SEASON TICKET HOLDERS tickets on their behalf, through linking accounts. To put it simply, it would be no different if those 10 ST holders did it online themselves.

The next category allowed to buy are Members. I believe this is what you mean by the Bristol Sport online accounts. I can assure you that any Member CANNOT 'mop up tickets in seconds'. People can only buy what they are entitled to buy

Please can you provide proof that these practices are going on

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Initial allocation for any away game is to Season Ticket holders only. I believe you have stated you are in that category so I do not think I have to explain why this is so to you.

The current system DOES NOT allow anyone to buy 'up to 10 tickets per season ticket'. The only way that this can happen is if one person is buying OTHER SEASON TICKET HOLDERS tickets on their behalf, through linking accounts. To put it simply, it would be no different if those 10 ST holders did it online themselves.

The next category allowed to buy are Members. I believe this is what you mean by the Bristol Sport online accounts. I can assure you that any Member CANNOT 'mop up tickets in seconds'. People can only buy what they are entitled to buy

It would actually take longer for 1 person to buy 10 tickets than it would for 10 individuals because you’ve got to mess about assigning 10 different season ticket holders from the pull down options!

• Like 1

On 20/09/2022 at 14:02, Logical-City said:

I may be wrong I think you can add 10 season cards on each Bristol Sport profile and buy 3 tickets on each season card on that profile 

So assuming you have access to to multiple profiles for example and have 10 cards added on each of those profiles with multiple browsers open you can get a lot of tickets purchased for people that is possible yes so silly people like me are waiting by the PC at 9:50 ready to buy when I never had a chance. Also staff will have ways of securing tickets 

Further to my post above. Again can I ask you for proof 'staff have ways of securing tickets?' You seem to be suggesting they are doing something not above board?

Again I state most strongly that staff can only buy tickets that they are entitled to, eg by claiming against their Season Ticket for example. Other than that they go online like everyone else. No priority at all.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It would actually take longer for 1 person to buy 10 tickets than it would for 10 individuals because you’ve got to mess about assigning 10 different season ticket holders from the pull down options!

Exactly, I cannot believe the utter rubbish in this persons head

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Isn’t your third paragraph the flaw in the current system that the original poster is complaining about?

If I understand your explanation correctly, one person could have 9 mates season tickets linked to their online account and could use that to buy 10 tickets in total.

Now, if not all 9 mates intend to go to that particular away game the person who has made the purchase has additional tickets that they can then give/sell to non STH friends.

I suppose that’s what the OP means by hoovering up tickets.

On 20/09/2022 at 13:11, Logical-City said:

No because it evens out one week I won’t be able to get to the ground and que for a ticket where you might be able to then you get that ticket on that occasion I live in Weston-Super-Mare but I’d travel to the ground to que I did in the 00s many times 

Todays system allows you an hour to get a ticket some just buy them and don’t go just because they can and decide on the day make them travel to buy that dosent happen 

As I said before the current system does not give many ANY opportunity to have a chance to see a popular away fixture opportunity for all is what is fair

I’m sorry but saw this on Twitter and I’ve got to disagree with you on this. 
Very unfair way of doing things. I live in Manchester but still follow city home and away. If tickets were released at the ground I’d have to travel to Bristol to buy them + the travel to the away game. 
I think it’s totally fair that fans that attend the away games further afield all over the country get first dibs over people who won’t travel north of Birmingham.

Totally understand the cost of living and traveling to games is ridiculous but I don’t think there’s any fairer way of doing it than people who have attended more away games getting a look in first. 

Most clubs in the country do it this way. How annoyed would you be if you traveled to all 22 away games then miss out on the last of the season.

Pretty sure tickets for Birmingham went on sale to members/general sale anyway. So if you were on the ball you could have snapped them up if you have a season ticket like you say you do. (Apologies if they didn’t go to members sale, but I think I remember some availability left) 

whos to say we won’t get more tho anyways 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, not_for_you said:

Isn’t your third paragraph the flaw in the current system that the original poster is complaining about?

If I understand your explanation correctly, one person could have 9 mates season tickets linked to their online account and could use that to buy 10 tickets in total.

Now, if not all 9 mates intend to go to that particular away game the person who has made the purchase has additional tickets that they can then give/sell to non STH friends.

I suppose that’s what the OP means by hoovering up tickets.

No difference to someone saying to their mate as you're not going can you use your season ticket to buy a ticket for my mate.

The system may not be 100% fair but its as close as it could be. 

It's not often posters deserve their own song, but as he calls himself Logical City and his entire approach was anything but Logical, well it had to be done.... A little work to get some lines to scan, but I was bored, so have an earworm....and my apologies for the 30 seconds of your life you're not getting back!

When Brum tix went on sale I thought it was wonderful
I'll buy me one, oh, I'll wait a bit, not just yet
And all the fans on the net, well they'd be buying so happily
Oh wait for me, I won't buy one yet, can't you see?
But then they all sold out quick, it seemed I wasn't so sensible
Logical, oh, responsible, practical
So I went on One Team and moaned about how they all sold out
I blew my chance, oh everything I moaned about......

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 2

37 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

It's not often posters deserve their own song, but as he calls himself Logical City and his entire approach was anything but Logical, well it had to be done.... A little work to get some lines to scan, but I was bored, so have an earworm....and my apologies for the 30 seconds of your life you're not getting back!

When Brum tix went on sale I thought it was wonderful
I'll buy me one, oh, I'll wait a bit, not just yet
And all the fans on the net, well they'd be buying so happily
Oh wait for me, I won't buy one yet, can't you see?
But then they all sold out quick, it seemed I wasn't so sensible
Logical, oh, responsible, practical
So I went on One Team and moaned about how they all sold out
I blew my chance, oh everything I moaned about......

There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned?
I know it sounds absurd
Please tell me who I am
who I am…

who I am…

no words even needed changing!!

• Haha 2