IGNORED

Coventry City at home match thread

7 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Don’t bring me into your nonsense .  All I asked was to question the players as well as Nige . They are in it together . People like you thrive on gloom . That’s your choice . It’s a forum . You have posted constant criticism, without any reference to the reality of our situation . Offered zero ideas as to how and what we could be doing better . So when you write your justifications for you to continue your one dimensional opinion , stop getting upset that others disagree with you . I fundamentally disagree with almost everything you post ,but it’s your opinion . That’s fine . But don’t get upset at others if they disagree with you . 

Having regularly been accused of being a happy clapper and delusional when backing City, it sort of makes a mockery your comments. Have a look at the match day threads this season to see what I've said- it most certainly has not been gloom. 

Most of what you said in this reply is just made up nonsense with no reality of the truth and even dismisses these following comments about Nige in a post you call gloom, nonsense  and "fundamentally disagree with" :

8 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

A play off position is flattering yet not out of the question given time

Nige has turned a corner on a number of levels

He's had a pretty good season so far

Like I say- if you can't take constructive criticism of a manager you feel cant do wrong then football may not be healthy for you. Your narrative is more agenda driven than representative of the reality like  an OTIB version of Dmitri Peskov.

10 hours ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Lack of pace, power and invention out wide. Painful to watch some of that tonight, as I think we are asking players to do things they don’t have in the locker, specifically Sykes and Dasilva. Sykes drop off in quality is startling, and JD just offers so very little against a deep defence. 

but lack of squad depth is a fair reason for this - however would Pring and Wilson have offered more, would be nice to see, specifically last 30 mins today when it was obvious that the lads on the pitch couldnt create. 

Thought JD did will myself, reckon Conway (with his positional sense) would have got on the end of a couple of good crosses from JD that sailed by.

Agree re: Sykes, just like the QPR game saw loads of the ball but his crossing was woeful. Think NP made a mistake taking Semenyo off for Conway, should have taken Sykes off and moved Semenyo to right wing where he could have caused havoc.

12 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

We’re miles better at sewing than we used to be. We weren’t Jean Paul Gaultier tonight (I know he’s not a sewer - but he’s the best I can think of), but we weren’t at last years standard. 

Cheer up all. If this is the general reaction to a reasonably ok draw, then it shows how far we’ve come. ? 

But let's be honest, some of his designs are pretty sh*te !

12 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Just got home, quick question to those that watched it on tv or on Sky news. Did we get away with a handball on the line?

I only saw the ball cleared off the line and thought Cov were arguing about it crossing the line.

From where I was sat in the Dolman tonight (E34), it did not cross the line and the ball was headed onto the bar by one of our defenders and then cleared.

Pity it was a a bit of snorefest as we had two young first-timers join our group,  I suspect they won't be pressing to come again any time soon.

When Naismith was forced to leave, and people realised that King was going to play centre-back, there were some scathing comments from those around me.

However, to be fair, he did okay.

But this has to be a one-off. I can't see him being asked to contend with Deeney & Co on Saturday.

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

Ref didn't actually raise a yellow card to Joe Williams but listening to Nige on BBC Radio Bristol, it looks like he did go in the book (as we all thought he would) and will be out on Saturday due to 5 yellow cards = game suspension!

As far as I'm concerned, if he didn't show him the yellow card it's not a booking.

Having said that, you're right. The ref clearly did write something in his book.

My guess is ...

"I pity these Bristol City fans. They deserve better."

4 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

It's been so long but I swear I remember Pring chasing back and making a fair few decent takles too. Not that I don't like Jay but would like to see Pring get a chance.

At the risk of others saying "Ono, not another new song", why not start a rendition of

"All we are saying is give Pring a chance"

12 hours ago, BITW said:

I think he’s looked a lot better going forward this season than last, but final ball still not good enough.

Considering the space he had and the  number of crosses he put in...............they were very low on quality, he needs to practice utilising the good positions he finds, by improving the standard of his crossing.....and this from a player who was coached in his early years by Chelsea?

17 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

If you think he isn’t then you haven’t got a bloody clue what you’re watching. He took up intelligent positions all game , finding pockets of space . He wasn’t getting picked out 

Bit like some of his early time here, when he was out wider- good runs, early runs at that...but not picked out soon enough if at all. I know he's not wide now but I wonder if pushing him further forward might help.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Whilst we are all disappointed I found Mark Robins post match comments interesting. Basically said without being as direct “they were shit last season but Pearson has turned them into a good side”. Teams are countering our threat rather than just turning up and expecting to roller us. Obviously we have to find a way of countering that but it’s not all doom and gloom to be fair.

• Like 1