IGNORED

Red button tonight….

Slippin cider

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It was a shambles last time. If you’re with virgin it seems…

The Sky coverage was OK, other than a bit where the camera went wierd, but to be fair that can happen on live coverage anyway.

People on virgin were saying they had commentary from a different game (possibly whoever the main game was, can't remember who that was) whereas the sky commentary was OK all game, even when the camera operator was possessed!!

23 minutes ago, Taz said:

The Sky coverage was OK, other than a bit where the camera went wierd, but to be fair that can happen on live coverage anyway.

People on virgin were saying they had commentary from a different game (possibly whoever the main game was, can't remember who that was) whereas the sky commentary was OK all game, even when the camera operator was possessed!!

I’m with Virgin and it wasn’t acceptable really. Commentary from a different game the whole game, and most of the time the cameraman was zooming on one player with the ball.

It was painful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

I’m with Virgin and it wasn’t acceptable really. Commentary from a different game the whole game, and most of the time the cameraman was zooming on one player with the ball.

It was painful.

I usually get this problem ( if the game is actually even available on Virgin) but surprisingly it was OK last time

Accessing the match changed for some bizarre reason to the extent that there is no way my 93 year old grandfather will be able to work it out.  Not sure why they took away the extremely clear selection of boxes to show the matches and replaced it with a tiny info button at the bottom that you then need to try and work through with a magnifying glass.  Why is it that supposed service improvements are rarely thus?

Don't forget that when there are multiple red button matches on the same night, you can record the game.

This is beneficial for me as I prefer my Radio Brizz commentary via the City Robins TV radio subscription.

Push the Record button after 7.40pm on your Sky remote, when on the Main Event/Football Sky channel. A pop up of games will reveal games available. Highlight City to record.

The clever bit is to then synchronise the game with Radio Briz. As I am in Norn Iron, there is a delay of up to 30 seconds for the City Radio feed. Go into your planner after 7.40pm and access your recording. Simply fast forward until you see the ref blow his whistle to commence the game and press pause. Release pause when you hear the whistle on Radio feed....you might have to pause a couple of times but you will get it to sync.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Accessing the match changed for some bizarre reason to the extent that there is no way my 93 year old grandfather will be able to work it out.  Not sure why they took away the extremely clear selection of boxes to show the matches and replaced it with a tiny info button at the bottom that you then need to try and work through with a magnifying glass.  Why is it that supposed service improvements are rarely thus?

I only managed to access it after reading how to do it on here, why they would change a simple menu is beyond me. Trying to explain to my old man was as painful as the awful cameraman and commentary for the Luton game.

The agreement between Sky and the clubs will be that the red button service is very basic, so that people who want the full coverage pay a tenner to Robins TV/IFollow etc.

During the Norwich game the commentator made it very clear that the picture freezing was nothing to do with Sky, and it was obvious that he was working off the same pictures that we were seeing (or weren't, at the time)

3 hours ago, Red-Al said:

I found with ref button,it doesn't show substitutes, no replays ,if there's an injury the camera stays with who ever has  the ball,ie goalkeeper ready to take goal kick, 

Yeah it’s not the best, but you take it for what it is.

But the Norwich game was worse than usual. The camera man took it to another level by staying with whoever had the ball!

Just been onto Sky Sports Football (403) to see if you can record Red Button games as you used to - and hey presto it looks like you can!

I clicked to record the main game and had the option to choose City v Coventry.  

That game now shows in my “scheduled” list!

Fingers crossed it works!

• Like 1

Im with Virgin and went for the red button last time and it was virtually unwatchable

So I've gone back to the Robins TV again but of late, I haven't been able to watch it on my Samsung smart TV, works fine on the iMac tho..

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

For those of us who've dropped Sky in favour of BT, is there a way we can just access the red button?

Usually I can watch Sky Sports, but not red button events.

If you've got BT TV, you should be able to access the red button matches using the Now TV app on your BT TV box.

I think they appear at the very bottom of the home screen of the Now TV app.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

No luck with red button just goes back to main match

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Working ok for me on Sky football not main event.

Just wish they’d build a tv platform closer to the pitch 

Correct, as mentioned above its 403

My only complaint is its in SD