IGNORED

Catering prices

22A

39 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

You can’t be a Bristolian !!

Never heard of black pudding as a Bristol child in ‘40s and ‘50s until I moved to Lancashire

Amazingly, I used to eat black pudding regularly as a young boy living in Bristol and, as an occasional weekend treat, my father would buy a few Eccles cakes from a local baker.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Amazingly, I used to eat black pudding regularly as a young boy living in Bristol and, as an occasional weekend treat, my father would buy a few Eccles cakes from a local baker.

Speaking as a Gloucestrian/ Caledonian hybrid...we always had access to black pudding and mealie puddimg. Gurt lush.

I heard an interview with Simon Jordan a month or so ago when the topic being discussed was the price of food and drink inside and outside football grounds - together with the impact of late arrivers to a game because they were downing their last pint etc.

Apparently when he was at Palace he made the point that all drink and food inside the ground was cheaper than anything around the ground.

It had the effect of getting fans in earlier, which saved the last minute rush through the turnstiles at the same time making the club an extra few bob by increased sales - and most importantly, the fans weren’t paying extortionate prices.

Perhaps more clubs, including City, should take this view!

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

7 hours ago, Superjack said:

Not a 'Full English' then.

Hash browns are American.

Maybe so but I'm on about what I like. 

Whilst I'm on the subject, I'd ditch the mushrooms, add some extra grilled tomato, ketchup all over and chuck on ANOTHER hash brown, and to hell with your consequences.

Edited by The dastardly red
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

Apparently when he was at Palace he made the point that all drink and food inside the ground was cheaper than anything around the ground.

I bet it wasn't cheaper than the Sainsbury's which shares the same site?!

Although I get what he was trying to do.

20 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

I heard an interview with Simon Jordan a month or so ago when the topic being discussed was the price of food and drink inside and outside football grounds - together with the impact of late arrivers to a game because they were downing their last pint etc.

It had the effect of getting fans in earlier, which saved the last minute rush through the turnstiles at the same time making the club an extra few bob by increased sales - and most importantly, the fans weren’t paying extortionate prices.

Is that Steve Jordan whose chairmanship of Crystal Palace ended up with club going into administration?

23 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

Doubt it. 
I remember a couple of years ago the club saying matchday revenue had gone from £600k per year to over £3m from food and drink due to facilities etc. 

Not a chance they make it cheaper and, judging by how busy it gets, no real need or desire to i would imagine!

On 05/10/2022 at 19:44, PHILINFRANCE said:

Sorry to quote my own post, but I am intrigued, @Ivorguy, as to why you find my revelation that, as a boy growing up in Bristol, I used to enjoy, inter alia, black pudding and Eccles cakes sad.

Unfortunately, I have neither seen nor eaten Eccles cakes for many a year, but I still buy and enjoy a portion of freshly made black pudding from my local butcher quite regularly, and very nice it is too, as well as, surprisingly, being quite nutritious.

I have also seen it being prepared/made, but that is another story.