IGNORED

Who was most skilful?

The Exiled Robin

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Scott Murray for me - not sure why he’s not on the list.

None of the others did it for me. All one trick Pony’s

All classically skilful (if frustrating!) No.10s in most people’s eyes. I love Scott but I wouldn’t put him in this bracket on sheer talent and ability? Pace yep. Finishing yep. Legend yep. But he didn’t have the skill of these imo

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

jet was the only one i know could turn 2 defenders inside out and be a yard away by the time they had realised hed gone

Depends how ‘most skilled’ is defined - If that’s defined as doing a few fancy tricks then none of them impressed me.

Scot Murray didn’t do fancy tricks but he got the entire AG on their feet. He’s my second favourite player in all the years I’ve been a City fan.

JET, my favourite ever celebration in the stands after that goal vs Rovers.

The large, considerably cidered man stood near us fell onto his back during the ensuing scenes. He was stuck like an upside down turtle, unable to get himself up, but arms up, absolutely elated, and still screaming in celebration. Took two of us pulling him up by an arm each before he could get himself to his feet. Good times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In terms of impact for us at the highest level Tomlin has a brilliant 18 match loan spell, then a decent 30 odd games in the following season, so I’d say him. In that time he did some absolutely incredible things.

Trundle never did it consistently for us, sadly he was already on the way down when we signed him.

JET was by far my favourite of these 4, but nearly all his best stuff for us was down in League One.

Dziekanowski only actually had about 6 good games for us in his entire career, but this myth has since grown over the years that when he played for us was Lionel Messi or something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GrahamC said:

Dziekanowski only actually had about 6 good games for us in his entire career, but this myth has since grown over the years that when he played for us was Lionel Messi or something.

I remember the grief I got for suggesting that Basso was no better than most other keepers we'd had at a similar level.

Be interesting to see how that comment plays out! ?

• Thanks 1