IGNORED

Richard Gould

Hamdon Mart

Definitely been a steady hand at the wheel when it was badly needed. Would certainly feel like a loss right now should he go.

Probably a tempting role and if cricket is more his forte, you couldn't blame him for accepting an offer if it comes along.

• Like 1

Loose talk from a headhunter or speculative journalism based on number of viable candidates to go after.

I doubt he's applied but someone will have called him to moot the idea of returning to cricket. CEO of Premier League or FA is football's equivalent post. Would never get either as his skill sets are operational rather than commercial. 

5 minutes ago, Negan said:

If he were to go who would come in to replace him? Wasn’t there talk of Richard Scudamore before we appointed Gould?

Scudamore would ideal if the role of CEO became available. The question is tho - would he want the job? 

I imagine that having held such a prestigious job in football that he’d still have plenty going on within the game and that accepting a role of CEO would be seen as a step down - even if he is a diehard Bristol City Fan.

36 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Has emerged as a leading candidate for the top role at the ECB. As good as I think he would be for English cricket (and he's an opponent of The Hundred, I believe), he would be a big loss to City IMO.

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/england/richard_gould_emerges_frontrunner_ecb_chief_executive_role.html

His mate and ECB Chair Richard Thompson was also against The Hundred. He is now obliged to say how great it is and is well rewarded for it. Cynical, me??

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I wouldn't at all be shocked to see Tins move up into a senior role if Gould is to leave. 

He's obviously got admirers from afar and we may offer him something in order to keep him. 

Tins just re-tweeted a previous tweet of his "22 years, 1 club. Many more to come". 

Being a well respected player doesn’t qualify anyone to become a CEO - that job requires a great deal of business acumen and an in-depth knowledge and management of the industry.

RG had gained the necessary skills as CEO at Surrey and imo is a very decent CEO.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Being a well respected player doesn’t qualify anyone to become a CEO - that job requires a great deal of business acumen and an in-depth knowledge and management of the industry.

RG had gained the necessary skills as CEO at Surrey and imo is a very decent CEO.

Absolutely, but whose to say we will continue with the CEO model. It hasn't exactly been a roaring success in the past. 

It could be that we look to a 'director of football' role instead. That would seem a reasonable next step for Tins.

• Like 1

Other than an utterly bizarre radio bristol interview on that day the rumour mill was in over drive about Pearson resigning gould has quietly gone about his job and from what I can tell done a good job.

So refreshing after the Ashton debacle to have a CEO who does his work quietly but effectively  in the background. 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Other than an utterly bizarre radio bristol interview on that day the rumour mill was in over drive about Pearson resigning gould has quietly gone about his job and from what I can tell done a good job.

So refreshing after the Ashton debacle to have a CEO who does his work quietly but effectively  in the background. 

How can you tell if a CEO has done a good job. I am only asking because I am not really sure. I suppose it is ultimately making more money for the club.

3 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I wouldn't at all be shocked to see Tins move up into a senior role if Gould is to leave. 

He's obviously got admirers from afar and we may offer him something in order to keep him. 

Tins just re-tweeted a previous tweet of his "22 years, 1 club. Many more to come". 

Completely different roles.

Tinnion wouldn’t have the first idea about being a CEO, a totally separate skill set, which he doesn’t possess.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Great guitarist !

Now he's just Withered and Died... 

As far as the Gould rumour goes, there's no suggestion in that article that he's interested or even been sounded out for it.

As far as Scudamore is concerned, I know something about him from past working relationships, and the temptation from SL's point of view is that he may be able to bring investment with him from his many business contacts. 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Flames 1