IGNORED

Richard Gould

Hamdon Mart

13 hours ago, Northern Red said:

And Somerset before that.

It's a blow to us, but one that I think the club would have known was always a possibility when they appointed him, so hopefully there has been at least some degree of planning. And I don't think Gould would be anything other than a consummate professional whilst serving his notice period.

With Lansdown's track record for virtually never having a Manager in mind when we have sacked one , I really hope you are right about the CEO situation and that work has been done already over Gould's replacement. But I do not share your optimism.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As big a blow as it will be if / when Gould goes, as per player sales it’s about how you replace them.

I wonder if there are any in-house that could fill in temporarily, e.g. Kelly, Marshall, Griffiths????

Quite.

Scudamore's a no go. He's already as involved with the club - on an informal basis - as he wants to be from what I hear.

Scott Davidson would be another option, but he's got his hands full on other projects and I suspect doesn't want to take on such a role at this stage in life.

Any replacement for Gould is likely to be a bit of a curve ball, a slight unknown. 

One name from the inside could be Dave Barton. He's currently Gould's right hand man and could go for a promotion if he angled for it.

Edited by ExiledAjax

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Quite.

Problem no.1 is it would mean that Holdings has a single director - Jon Lansdown. 

Scudamore's a no go. He's already as involved with the club - on an informal basis - as he wants to be from what I hear.

Scott Davidson would be another option, but he's got his hands full on other projects and I suspect doesn't want to take on such a role at this stage in life.

Any replacement for Gould is likely to be a bit of a curve ball, a slight unknown. 

One name from the inside could be Dave Barton. He's currently Gould's right hand man and could go for a promotion if he angled for it.

Does Dave B have the skillset?

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If I had to guess I'd say the ECB will want him in place for the start of the cricket season in April.

My thoughts too.

Says a lot about him, been handed a tough job, trying to help us sort things out but keen to have an orderly transition rather than jump ship at the first opportunity.

Despite one moron (Tony Wilkins) on social media say that he has had “no impact & he’s glad he’s going”, sane people realise what he’s done for us & wish he was sticking around for longer.

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’ll be a big blow to lose him but he’s leaving for one of the biggest jobs in world cricket . I can hardly blame him for that . I love my cricket so I hope he does a great job , getting rid of the hundred would be a good start 

What is the 100?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’ll be a big blow to lose him but he’s leaving for one of the biggest jobs in world cricket . I can hardly blame him for that . I love my cricket so I hope he does a great job , getting rid of the hundred would be a good start 

There's not the slightest chance of that, The Hundred has been further cemented in place by Strauss's High Performance (yes, the dreaded phrase again) Review. So Gould will now be expected to big it up.

I can see a future in which The Hundred franchises are sold off, probably to IPL owners (as per South Africa's T20 competition). Possibly 50 over cricket will disappear as well.

Thereafter, a County Championship that is effectively a Premier League for the bigger Counties (Surrey, Lancashire and so on). Smaller Counties will either be driven out of business or forced to amalgamate (Glos/Somerset, Leics/Derbyshire for instance).

Maybe even Test cricket confined to England, Australia and India. South Africa are half way to pulling out already and West Indies cricket is in a poor state.

Thompson and Gould will preside over the early stages of a revolution that will make cricket unrecognisable, if lucrative for some. Not least the ECB Board, who are fond of awarding themselves big bonuses to reward their genius.

• Like 1

There are likely to be a load of people from a football administration background looking to step up or step sideways and would jump at the opportunity, many of them highly qualified and experienced.

I'm amazed no one has suggested Risdale! We could then experience multiple instances of administration and some bonkers signings.

My 2+2 from that official site comment from SL :

Gavin Marshall will assume some of the CEO responsibilities, but the role will be split, with Tinnion taking up a Director of Football title (hence why he turned down Forest Green for the role a couple of weeks ago), ie they knew already