IGNORED

Maggie, Marina or Mandy? Who’d sell their soul to the devil?

BigAl&Toby

Three very different ladies but all with a common interest. Football club ownership and investment…..

Another early morning awakening and I watch MOTD on iPlayer. Newcastle against Brentford.

Rumour has it that since Saudi backed investment Newcastle have spent c£100m.

They whip Brentford - a club that recently we would have considered amongst our peers……

I guess the question is who’d want Mandy and her money over Maggie and her’s?

How does a Saudi funded equity fund pass financial legitimacy tests to invest and take ownership in a UK football club in the first place?

Was there a mutually beneficial relationship between a Saudi funded and based businesswoman and a now disgraced member of the Royal Family who was then a UK trade envoy - amongst other things……

I openly question the Ls involvement in BCFC but I for one would always prefer them - with their faults - over Mandy and all the riches she might be able to access.

Anyway I wished I could get a full night’s sleep. And stop having such seemingly random thoughts…

Who’d prefer Mandy?

36DBBCAB-7482-4E4D-B6EA-22F2F69CAF5F.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

It’s completely obscene.

I would walk away from supporting professional football if we had Saudi or Chinese owners.

@GrahamC why? Do the ends ever justify the means?

Devils advocate of course ?

@Rocking Red Cyril same question.

Is it HRH’s involvement in many things shady that puts most off?

What a moral dilemma….

And then I watched Gary O’Neill’s Bournemouth. Is he another who we might have done better by?

And Bournemouth FFS.  On MOTD. Whilst we lose at St Andrews. And it’s not as though I can whitter on about Kal and Cap’n Dan….

I fear football was lost to big business and big businessmen with even bigger wallets a long time ago…..

Anyway I’ve got a kitchen light switch to fix…. Which one is the common wire? Red or black……..

?

Football has sold its Soul to the devil.

Hypocrisy across the board.

Money and winning at any cost. 

From the fans that support such ownership to the latest World Cup.

They reintroduced taking the knee this month...to promote equality, diversity and inclusion. What a joke.

How can players take the knee, fans applaud it...yet take the money and support an ownership that comes from a country that goes against all of that.

The same with supporting and attending the world cup.

So much hypocrisy and symbolism that is completely fake.

It's a joke.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

I have the same dilemma.........the game that i love and the players i love to watch, playing in a country that i despise?   It boils down to FIFA selling it's soul, and allowing this farce to be tolerated?   The constant ignoring of the obvious, and the ongoing sport washing which is being allowed, aligned to the pitiful attempts to address the glaring issues in Qatar  is farcical.

And so    .........            after hundred's of foreign workers have died, been ripped off and exploited, and the LGBT community is fearful of even stepping into the country?

What do we get?   England wearing a badge on it's sleeve and Denmark  sporting   "TONED" down jersey's...........Wow, that'll show the bastard's?

As for Mandy the witch, and her death squad..........if someone of that nature invested  in my club, I would never watch another Bristol City game.  Although I , to a degree understand the Geordies desperate need for success,   I feel selling  your souls to murderers and tyrants is a high price to pay to the God of Morality?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

It’s completely obscene.

I would walk away from supporting professional football if we had Saudi or Chinese owners.

That was what loads of Newcastle fans were saying

Thing is with most football fans 

As long as their team is doing well

they don't care about how and why

Just now, Maltshoveller said:

That was what loads of Newcastle fans were saying

Thing is with most football fans 

As long as their team is doing well

they don't care about how and why

That’s up to them, I know I wouldn’t watch us, & I won’t bother with the World Cup, either.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Three very different ladies but all with a common interest. Football club ownership and investment…..

Another early morning awakening and I watch MOTD on iPlayer. Newcastle against Brentford.

Rumour has it that since Saudi backed investment Newcastle have spent c£100m.

They whip Brentford - a club that recently we would have considered amongst our peers……

I guess the question is who’d want Mandy and her money over Maggie and her’s?

How does a Saudi funded equity fund pass financial legitimacy tests to invest and take ownership in a UK football club in the first place?

Was there a mutually beneficial relationship between a Saudi funded and based businesswoman and a now disgraced member of the Royal Family who was then a UK trade envoy - amongst other things……

I openly question the Ls involvement in BCFC but I for one would always prefer them - with their faults - over Mandy and all the riches she might be able to access.

Anyway I wished I could get a full night’s sleep. And stop having such seemingly random thoughts…

Who’d prefer Mandy?

36DBBCAB-7482-4E4D-B6EA-22F2F69CAF5F.jpeg

Let's be honest.

10cc never wrote a song about Mrs L did they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

@GrahamC why? Do the ends ever justify the means?

Devils advocate of course ?

@Rocking Red Cyril same question.

Is it HRH’s involvement in many things shady that puts most off?

What a moral dilemma….

And then I watched Gary O’Neill’s Bournemouth. Is he another who we might have done better by?

And Bournemouth FFS.  On MOTD. Whilst we lose at St Andrews. And it’s not as though I can whitter on about Kal and Cap’n Dan….

I fear football was lost to big business and big businessmen with even bigger wallets a long time ago…..

Anyway I’ve got a kitchen light switch to fix…. Which one is the common wire? Red or black……..

?

No 

But there is always a but. Which only the individual can justify or compromise. Which causes hypocrisy.

Yes football has sold out to money. Which I hate. But I love the game and I am a passionate City fan.

It's an important discussion, and one that will probably become applicable to us in the next decade or so. Thanks to @BigAl&Toby for bringing it up.

Unless the fanbase are willing to accept a retreat into League 1 we will need a new sugar daddy when Lansdown sells. We cannot compete in the Championship for long without Lansdown's annual cash injection. The identity of that new person or persons is something that will hugely influence this club's future.

What our future ownership model may look like is an important thing for fans to discuss. I hope to god we never have to do what fans of Blackpool, Bury, Wimbledon, Charlton Athletic or any number of other clubs have done. But, if we do, then if we've already laid the groundwork, if we've already identified the fans who have the legal, accounting, public speaking, marketing, or other skills needed to mount that kind of effort, well then we'll be one step ahead. The EFL won't protect us. The FA won't protect us. Other clubs won't protect us. We would have to protect ourselves.

For me. **** the foreign "public investment funds". **** the oil money. I'd rather we were fan owned and never won another trophy than we sold out to that sort of owner.

• Flames 2