IGNORED

Casillas & Puyol…

Fordy62

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

He’s done quite well to recovered his hacked account in an hour hasn’t he!

If you were being generous you could plausibly see how he maybe left his phone unlocked at training and a teammate thought he'd have some 'bants'.

Not particularly close to being hacked though

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Unless they've cut some bits out, Downsy mentions Dan White chatting up Bajic

Yes.

3 hours ago, Negan said:

Oh ffs is that it? ?‍♂️ Nothing inappropriate about it jesus wept. 

Ok, I just found it a bit odd - I did put “unnecessary” with a question mark.

Happy if you think it’s nothing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes.

I'm inclined to agree with you. Flip it the other way around, if it was a female player and not Bajic, then I think people would be up in arms about It. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yes.

Thats exactly what I thought at the time. Doesn't he realise as he's both in the workplace and the public face of Bristol City whilst broadcasting, he has a responsibilty not to act like like a [insert your epithet of choice]? Maybe he's the cheap option, but I'm sure city can do better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1team said:

I don't believe someone's sexuality is anyone's business but there own. It doesn't need to be public knowledge.

But the issue here is statements like yours make it sound like you can't understand how it might be helpful if they make it public knowledge.

Again, not to speak for others, but it's been said before that many people live and grow up with quite a lot of angst and anguish at the fact that they are gay, and ultimately having to live in a world that is not fully accepting of them. Just look at football ffs, there must be dozens if not hundreds of people who are yet to come out. Some hide it their entire lives. I can't imagine how difficult that must be.

Now imagine how it could make that same person more likely to be comfortable in their own skin if a famous and much-loved sports star comes out as openly gay. It could enable thousands of people to do the same and freely live the life they want to. 

Iker Casillas and/or Puyol announcing they are gay would be a big deal. It would be a huge step towards achieving that level of equality. Just because you don't care, doesn't mean thousands of others won't.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 4

On 09/10/2022 at 14:48, Negan said:

You’re mixing up coming out to those around you personally compared to announcing it on Twitter. Don’t be calling me immature because I feel someone being gay isn’t a big deal anymore. I’ve grown up with it and accepted it as everyday life. Someone telling me they are gay is exactly the same as them telling me they are vegan. I couldn’t care less, not because I don’t respect or value it but because it’s irrelevant. I know the enormity of the situation to the individual, I’ve had family members come out as transgender and I’ve  supported them because well.. why wouldn’t I. Truth is the sooner the world has a “I don’t care” attitude to peoples sexuality the better it will be for everyone. People will just go about their lives being who they are with no need for it to be an event.

Ironically this apparently isn’t even true and is Iker trolling the media for constantly hounding him about the number of women he’s been seen dating. 

I stepped back after posting as I didn't want to get into a heated debate - again, apologies if my post was strong but (as you may have too) seen first-hand what can happen to people who are gay (or trans as you know)

I agree that the sooner it's not a "thing" the better, but I think we all know it is. Statistically, there is likely to be footballers in this country who are gay and feel they have to hide it for fear of backlash. 

On 09/10/2022 at 14:55, Negan said:

Careful now. This opinion makes you immature and in need of growing up ?

It wasn't the opinion that made it immature (in my opinion), it was the language used.

On 09/10/2022 at 19:41, 1team said:

Who cares. I've never disclosed my sexuality when introducing myself. Why do these people think it's interesting?

This misses the point, have you ever had to hide your sexuality? Avoid taking your partner to a social gathering? Been attacked simply for who you are attracted to? If not, then you don't understand. No one comes out because they think it's "interesting", they're normalising it.

@nebristolredhas made the point really well so I don't need to repeat it further.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I stepped back after posting as I didn't want to get into a heated debate - again, apologies if my post was strong but (as you may have too) seen first-hand what can happen to people who are gay (or trans as you know)

I agree that the sooner it's not a "thing" the better, but I think we all know it is. Statistically, there is likely to be footballers in this country who are gay and feel they have to hide it for fear of backlash. 

It wasn't the opinion that made it immature (in my opinion), it was the language used.

This misses the point, have you ever had to hide your sexuality? Avoid taking your partner to a social gathering? Been attacked simply for who you are attracted to? If not, then you don't understand. No one comes out because they think it's "interesting", they're normalising it.

@nebristolredhas made the point really well so I don't need to repeat it further.

My point is along the lines of the sooner it's not a thing rather than not caring about the individuals position. I despair at the continual need to label people which only makes them stand out as being different. It`s time the media, govt, education authorities employers et al were encouraged to celebrate the things we all have in common, then hopefully whether someone is gay, straight, black, white will be less relevant.  

• Like 1