IGNORED

Positivity

Topper 123

Now the dust has settled on the Birmingham City fiasco let’s put it behind us and move on to the Preston Game belief of the fans is there and we need the players to also believe, at the end of the day 20,000 turn up regular so   Together we can start again with a positive reaction and get the points needed to start a march up the table. now let’s see a reaction from the players and it would be nice to see the players enjoy it with a smile on their face.

come on you reds

Positive posts only

• Like 7
  • Robin 2

Sorry to disappoint you but whilst we would love to believe as you say at the moment the players are giving the fans very little to believe in and with the next two games being against teams we have a very poor record against even when on form good luck with the positivity as I think you will at the moment find it in short supply, sorry for being negative but hoping for better results is just that hoping. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

Sorry to disappoint you but whilst we would love to believe as you say at the moment the players are giving the fans very little to believe in and with the next two games being against teams we have a very poor record against even when on form good luck with the positivity as I think you will at the moment find it in short supply, sorry for being negative but hoping for better results is just that hoping. 

He/she quite clearly stated 'positive posts only'.

Edited by Superjack
gender assumption.
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Keep the faith - it wasnt that long ago, before the Queen died and the international break that we were playing really well. That extended break negatively effected us

God only knows what we'll be like then after the longer break for the World Cup.

If its anything like when they came back after the season was suspended in March 2020 then it ain't looking good - 4 straight defeats IIRC which led to LJ's axing.

Would be good to hear from the club on their plans for the players during this enforced break - are they giving them ALL a couple of weeks off or will ALL except those on intl. duty be training full pelt with behind closed doors practice games against other clubs?

16 minutes ago, headhunter said:

God only knows what we'll be like then after the longer break for the World Cup.

If its anything like when they came back after the season was suspended in March 2020 then it ain't looking good - 4 straight defeats IIRC which led to LJ's axing.

Would be good to hear from the club on their plans for the players during this enforced break - are they giving them ALL a couple of weeks off or will ALL except those on intl. duty be training full pelt with behind closed doors practice games against other clubs?

Surely we'll have a few friendlies lined up.... 

I'm all for positivity, but sometimes you just can't sugarcoat things. I'm for plain speaking not fluffy guff.

If the players really need us to put a smile on their faces they need to give us something to smile about.

I have to stress most strongly that I have NEVER seen a negative reaction from fans at the start of a match, home or away. Usually fans are 'up for it' and buoyant. The negativity only arrives when fans see we are getting beat and not putting up a fight. Even if we are getting losing but at least trying fans have shown patience and understanding.

I hope this doesn't fail the positivity requirement, but it is what it is. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

Positive - the Brum performance was a blip and blips happen to pretty much every team.

Negative - Preston are our bogey team and they’ll be flying after turning over Norwich on Saturday at Carrow Rd.

That said, Wednesdays game is just what Nige and the players will want  - a chance to redeem themselves after the abysmal performance at St Andrews.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I'm all for positivity, but sometimes you just can't sugarcoat things. I'm for plain speaking not fluffy guff.

If the players really need us to put a smile on their faces they need to give us something to smile about.

I have to stress most strongly that I have NEVER seen a negative reaction from fans at the start of a match, home or away. Usually fans are 'up for it' and buoyant. The negativity only arrives when fans see we are getting beat and not putting up a fight. Even if we are getting losing but at least trying fans have shown patience and understanding.

I hope this doesn't fail the positivity requirement, but it is what it is. 

Great post ??????

• Thanks 1

I posted on my way home from Birmingham, and it wasn’t positive - but I agree it’s all about the players reacting and giving us something to get behind. My biggest criticism of Saturday was that a big away following was given nothing to shout about (positively), not one big tackle, or run in behind. Compared to Cardiff at home where we showed exactly how to do just that. 

I was pretty shocked at Saturdays effort, made me think whether we have entered the “players finding out who has a new contract/terms of new deals” scenario, much like 2 years ago? Still at a loss as to why so many players sacked off Saturday. 

Positives....quite difficult at the moment but it was not long back that the Norwich manager said we were the best team they had faced, we gave Burnley a good game, we haven't turned into a bad side in that short space of time have we ? Think we do need a win this week tho and I think we will get at least 4 points this week. ?

• Like 2