IGNORED

Rob k

Just now, Rob k said:

It was more an observation of just how few people attended tonight 

I'd imagine it was more than 10k.

I didn't go tonight because meed week games are too late for my son on a school night (primary school age) 

I'd imagine plenty had the same situation, plus others working/unwell/away. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It wasn’t 17000 but that’s closer than your guess of 10,000 !

No chance. 10k is closer to the true numbers tonight than 17k is. 
There was never more than 13.5k in there tonight, so 10 definitely closer 

• Confused 7

1 hour ago, Harry said:

No chance. 10k is closer to the true numbers tonight than 17k is. 
There was never more than 13.5k in there tonight, so 10 definitely closer 

You realise it's a 27,000 capacity right and that 10,000 is 37% of that 27,000?...

You really think including taped off areas, 63% of the stadium was unused? Almost two thirds...

• Like 4

An announced attendance of 17,300 will include all 13,500 season tickets that are always counted. PNE were allocated 1,000, but probably didn't sell all of those. There will be a few gratis tickets to players etc, but that's never more than a couple of hundred.

So that means we still shifted somewhere around 3,000 POTD tickets. Which seems like a lot.

Heading to the game 7pm knew it was quieter than normal.  
My ST is in the Dolman but guy I sit with and his lad had covid, and another guy on holiday, so  I thought I would try out a different view for a change. 
First half found seat with ease and  sat behind dug out really enjoyed it, but realised how sparsely populated the Dolman was, and for that matter the South stand as well. 
second half watched game from Upper Lansdown, really enjoyed that as well. So many seats everywhere.
Who knows how many actually passed through turnstiles, but I wold guess around 12K. The red button on sky and European football night bound to have impacted.   

Edited by DT The Optimist

I thought it was more like 13k, not helped by a paltry away following.

There are simply too many midweek games.  In the olden days, there was a 22 team top division and 22 team 2nd division.  The top division was then decreased to 20 with the 2nd division increased to 24.  At the time there were no International breaks though and you hardly saw any internationals in the 2nd division.  A random Welsh player like Mark Aizlewood bought a bit of glamour (as well as cynicism and brutality).  Now there are 4 less weekends to play games due to international windows but the number of games hasn't been reduced.

The current situation is ludicrous.  midweek games played in direct competition to Champions League.  This will only get worse next season with there being 10 Champions League group games.  23 home games reduces the sense of occasion.  People with STs don't bother as it's on the red button. Our walk up crowd must be very low.  The concessions weren't busy (my daughter told me it was her easiest shift so far).  The evening games all have the sense of 'another one'.

It's obvious to me that the league  needs to be reduced to 22 teams.  It could be done in one season by relegating 4 and only promoting 2 and this being replicated in all the leagues below. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Lots of factors in my opinion,

poor form atm against opposition who arnt very attractive , lots of home games in a short period , some very close away games at the moment with good away support, cost of living crisis and on top of that trying to get to and park around Ashton gate on a night game ( not a fun experience. Thinks that’s pretty fair assessment 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, redkev said:

Lots of factors in my opinion,

poor form atm against opposition who arnt very attractive , lots of home games in a short period , some very close away games at the moment with good away support, cost of living crisis and on top of that trying to get to and park around Ashton gate on a night game ( not a fun experience. Thinks that’s pretty fair assessment 

It was also a reareanged game from last month, and a lot of people wouldn't have factored that into their busy lives.

As other have said, it was also in the red button, so a lot of STs would think it was one to miss, and they  can still watch fro m home for free.        

Rescheduled ties generally always have lower attendances. I know a lot of people were off yesterday with various illnessess and other ailments.,,,

25 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I thought it was more like 13k, not helped by a paltry away following.

There are simply too many midweek games.  In the olden days, there was a 22 team top division and 22 team 2nd division.  The top division was then decreased to 20 with the 2nd division increased to 24.  At the time there were no International breaks though and you hardly saw any internationals in the 2nd division.  A random Welsh player like Mark Aizlewood bought a bit of glamour (as well as cynicism and brutality).  Now there are 4 less weekends to play games due to international windows but the number of games hasn't been reduced.

The current situation is ludicrous.  midweek games played in direct competition to Champions League.  This will only get worse next season with there being 10 Champions League group games.  23 home games reduces the sense of occasion.  People with STs don't bother as it's on the red button. Our walk up crowd must be very low.  The concessions weren't busy (my daughter told me it was her easiest shift so far).  The evening games all have the sense of 'another one'.

It's obvious to me that the league  needs to be reduced to 22 teams.  It could be done in one season by relegating 4 and only promoting 2 and this being replicated in all the leagues below. 

I’d rather keep the opportunity to see more games than reduce the amount  because of when they have to be played.    

Last nights game should’ve been a Saturday kick off anyway, but was  rearranged due to Her Maj. 

52 minutes ago, forbespm said:

I have only been to one game this season and that was a tenner for the Sunderland game.

I struggle to afford football at the moment but had a look at ticket 

Prices for last night's game,£35 in the dolman wings and £45 in the lansdown! How can the working man afford that?

It's disgraceful.

• Like 1

There are a lot of bugs doing the rounds at the moment up in my neck of the woods, along with covid getting a mention more often than a few months ago. 

That being said, it's a midweek game so anyone coming from far afield will probably have to take time off work, and with traffic around Bristol at the moment that could also put people off going - sit in traffic for an hour and miss part of the game, or go home and watch all of it. £25+ at this time of year though, especially in the current climate, isn't cheap.

Last couple of midweek games that I've seen on the red button, there has been a lot of spare seats though. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

It was also a reareanged game from last month, and a lot of people wouldn't have factored that into their busy lives.

As other have said, it was also in the red button, so a lot of STs would think it was one to miss, and they  can still watch fro m home for free.        

Rescheduled ties generally always have lower attendances. I know a lot of people were off yesterday with various illnessess and other ailments.,,,

Spot on, several who sit near me (ST holders) were unwell & with it being on the red button anyone with Sky who has to work & then battle through the traffic nightmare that is BS3 will undoubtedly have watched from home.

I genuinely don’t care, the club already has the money of those who bought a ticket (hence 17000) & so we need to get used to the fact this is how it is going to be if you can see the game without turning up at the ground now.

6 minutes ago, Taz said:

There are a lot of bugs doing the rounds at the moment up in my neck of the woods, along with covid getting a mention more often than a few months ago. 

That being said, it's a midweek game so anyone coming from far afield will probably have to take time off work, and with traffic around Bristol at the moment that could also put people off going - sit in traffic for an hour and miss part of the game, or go home and watch all of it. £25+ at this time of year though, especially in the current climate, isn't cheap.

Last couple of midweek games that I've seen on the red button, there has been a lot of spare seats though. 

I'm also not sure it helps having two home games back to back. 

• Like 1