IGNORED

Rob k

Might as well pin this thread Mods, turns up most midweek games.

I've been away for a week or so, missed QPR & Cov, my ticket would be counted wether I was there or not, it's bought and paid for. Same across the board. Still many on holiday, work, ill or can't be arsed. It happens. The only variation is PotD numbers .

7 hours ago, TBW said:

You realise it's a 27,000 capacity right and that 10,000 is 37% of that 27,000?...

You really think including taped off areas, 63% of the stadium was unused? Almost two thirds...

Read it again. 
I said the true attendance was closer to 10k than to 17k. Which means I think there were certainly no more than 13,500 there. 
Which I would be very very confident of being the case. Probably more like 12. 

Not sure where you sit, but from my angle in the top Lansdown, the Dolman and South Stands were half full. 

Away end there was about 500. 
South Stand and Dolman hold around 12.5k between them. Let’s be generous and say they were 2/3rds full - approx 8.5k. 
That gives 9k in total so far. 

Now, I can’t see the Lansdown, but it’s usually very sparsely populated even in the bigger games. To reach 17k there’d have needed to be 8 thousand in the Lansdown (it holds 10.8). That’s just not the case, no way was it that full. 
Even at half full, which it rarely is anyway, that would still only give just over 14k in total. And this is me being very generous that the South and Dolman were 2/3rds full - which is nowhere near the case. 

I’m calling 12k at absolute max. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Read it again. 
I said the true attendance was closer to 10k than to 17k. Which means I think there were certainly no more than 13,500 there. 
Which I would be very very confident of being the case. Probably more like 12. 

Not sure where you sit, but from my angle in the top Lansdown, the Dolman and South Stands were half full. 

Away end there was about 500. 
South Stand and Dolman hold around 12.5k between them. Let’s be generous and say they were 2/3rds full - approx 8.5k. 
That gives 9k in total so far. 

Now, I can’t see the Lansdown, but it’s usually very sparsely populated even in the bigger games. To reach 17k there’d have needed to be 8 thousand in the Lansdown (it holds 10.8). That’s just not the case, no way was it that full. 
Even at half full, which it rarely is anyway, that would still only give just over 14k in total. And this is me being very generous that the South and Dolman were 2/3rds full - which is nowhere near the case. 

I’m calling 12k at absolute max. 

Dolman was not half full as that photo above shows 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Half empty….?

68DFEF4D-EEA9-458A-84A5-10B41688449D.png

That’s a very deceptive angle. And it’s whilst everyone is standing after the goal, so you can’t see the swathes of empty seats. 
In the Lansdown you can see very very clearly that the 2 Dolman end blocks either side were hardly populated at all and there were many many spares in the central 3 blocks. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Was that after the 90th minute goal? You're lucky to have 10 people in the Dolman at that time 

Jokin' aintcha. We're always the last to leave.

Poor egress, a multitude of immobile pensioners, plus people who want to stand in the aisle and clap the last man off the pitch, means I've often travelled about 15ft from my seat but can look across to a completely empty Lansdown and South Stand.

If you want to get away fast for some reason you HAVE to leave the Dolman before the final whistle, which is why you see folk leaving earlier than elsewhere. If you stay to the end, as I always do, you've just about made it to the concourse in the time others have taken to reach the M32!  :laughcont:

• Flames 2

Just now, !james said:

No one will know for sure who seems like a bizarre discussion...!

It's fun to guess. Having seen Harry's photo, I'll put my guestimate down to 13,500 tops.

It was fairly crowded where I sit, just a few empty seats in sight, but then it's overwhelmingly ST holders. 

Night games always seem to have lots of people who arrive late though, and last night was no different. Three lads in my row contrived to miss the first 10 minutes. 

As a part timer I’d have gone but cheapest ticket was 35. Not paying that. Didn’t even know it was on red button. 
Given the number of home games in a short time I’m surprised the club haven’t done a few mates rates /kid offers over these last few weeks. Missed opportunity I’d say.
We always seem to get a good bump on the gates when ticket prices are reduced .
Should do it for every midweek game I reckon - I’m not saying that because I’m too tight to pay full whack! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I would say it was 15k.  A few around me had a debate and majority came out around 15-16k.  12-13k empty seats.  As someone has said, no way of knowing for sure!  

Well there was 4,000 empty seats in the Atyeo for a start, so that’s down to 8-9k for the rest. Easily that. 

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's fun to guess. Having seen Harry's photo, I'll put my guestimate down to 13,500 tops.

Correct answer. Well done Robbo. I know you always come round to my way of thinking eventually ?

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Yeah I’m aware of the lack of fans in the Atyeo, cheers!

Just doing the sums for you Dave 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, forbespm said:

I have only been to one game this season and that was a tenner for the Sunderland game.

I struggle to afford football at the moment but had a look at ticket 

Prices for last night's game,£35 in the dolman wings and £45 in the lansdown! How can the working man afford that?

I think outside the premier league football is due a reality check but until they make parachute payments fairer clubs such as ourselves will be almost forced to pay wages that we can't really afford hence the stupid ticket prices for pay on the day, what the answer is I'm not sure maybe a few clubs going bankrupt like has happened in the rugby premiership maybe the start of sanity breaking out as far as living within their means is concerned. I once worked out that if ticket prices had followed inflation from 1971 a pay on the day price on the south stand would be about a tenner. an adult ticket was about 50p when I first paid adult prices in the open-end in 1972, prices are far higher than they should be.

Edited by pillred
Opinion
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, pillred said:

I think outside the premier league football is due a reality check but until they make parachute payments fairer clubs such as ourselves will be almost forced to pay wages that we can't really afford hence the stupid ticket prices for pay on the day, what the answer is I'm not sure maybe a few clubs going bankrupt like has happened in the rugby premiership maybe the start of sanity breaking out as far as living within their means is concerned. I once worked out that if ticket prices had followed inflation from 1971 a pay on the day price on the south stand would be about a tenner. an adult ticket was about 50p when I first paid adult prices in the open-end in 1972, prices are far higher than they should be.

There is absolutely no way on earth I’m paying £35 - £45 for a game between Bristol City and Preston 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

An announced attendance of 17,300 will include all 13,500 season tickets that are always counted. PNE were allocated 1,000, but probably didn't sell all of those. There will be a few gratis tickets to players etc, but that's never more than a couple of hundred.

So that means we still shifted somewhere around 3,000 POTD tickets. Which seems like a lot.

Not necessarily pod tickets you have weeks to buy these tickets on line so not a problem and yes I don’t think you would have got another 10000 in the ground 

271F05F2-A6A4-449A-A70D-0B860A98829C.jpeg