IGNORED

Rob k

I said on the way to the ground it was going to be a low crowd. I cannot recall a time where there was so little traffic. I drove from Hengrove all the way through to the Ground (came out by the Miners Arms) and did not hit any traffic at all. 

I’ve not seen the Gate as empty as that for a long time. Reminded me of a FA Cup game against someone like Shrewsbury 

I commented in previous games how many empty seats in the South Stand to. I thought that stand had pretty much sold out!?

We all know how the attendance is calculated, so that’s a moot point.

image.png.209a347f82580de56aaacf722745c6da.png

What is clear is that midweek kick-offs on an evening (19:45 / 20:00) are less well supported than weekend kickoffs (typically 15:00 but the odd midday too).

Ave midweek: 17848

Ave weekend: 22619

Thats almost 5000 different.  Obviously away following will account for some of that lower amount, but still a number of supporters not going midweek.  Traffic, kids, parking, red button, streams etc are all in the mix.

edit: the Saturday 12:00 v Cardiff was on Sky or else I think that would’ve been 23/24k I suspect.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What is clear is that midweek kick-offs on an evening (19:45 / 20:00) are less well supported than weekend kickoffs (typically 15:00 but the odd midday too).

Thats almost 5000 different.  Obviously away following will account for some of that lower amount, but still a number of supporters not going midweek.  Traffic, kids, parking, red button, streams etc are all in the mix.

edit: the Saturday 12:00 v Cardiff was on Sky or else I think that would’ve been 23/24k I suspect.

Given how bad it is getting to anywhere in Bristol these days is there any reason why our games can't be 8pm ko?

14 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'd imagine it was more than 10k.

I didn't go tonight because meed week games are too late for my son on a school night (primary school age) 

I'd imagine plenty had the same situation, plus others working/unwell/away. 

I like the sound of meed week, well done you, brilliant.

image.png.bff68933b488ea95613791dac7461027.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Point of order Fevs you don't need "PM" if you are going to say 15:00.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pillred said:

I think outside the premier league football is due a reality check but until they make parachute payments fairer clubs such as ourselves will be almost forced to pay wages that we can't really afford hence the stupid ticket prices for pay on the day, what the answer is I'm not sure maybe a few clubs going bankrupt like has happened in the rugby premiership maybe the start of sanity breaking out as far as living within their means is concerned. I once worked out that if ticket prices had followed inflation from 1971 a pay on the day price on the south stand would be about a tenner. an adult ticket was about 50p when I first paid adult prices in the open-end in 1972, prices are far higher than they should be.

And only 70p to get in the East end when I was a schoolboy,I used my paperound money to follow city!

I was working nightshift last night but was keen to watch city until I saw the £35 ticket price.

As another poster said,no way am I paying that kind of money.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

It seems there were more in the Upper Lansdown than usual though? I hate those empty corporate blocks in the middle of the Lower Lansdown. Empty whether there are 17,000 or 23,000.

As per the pic from Dave earlier, again this is a deceptive picture, because we’ve just scored and everyone is standing. Because they are standing you can’t see the extent of the empty seats. 
Prime example - I can see the area in this picture where I was sat. It appears on this picture that the area is quite well populated. But I can assure you, there were the 12 people I was sat with and then there was only 1 person in the 5 rows behind us. This doesn’t show up on this picture. 
Because everyone is standing it’s deceptive and you can’t see the red empty seats. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Cardiff was a Sunday. Astounded that we have only had two Saturday games out of seven.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Like many others have said the pay on the day prices put me off. You can pay around £25 at all other clubs in the championship for pay on the day. I don’t understand why we have the most expensive home tickets by a fairly big margin. 
Is it so we can charge away fans more ? 

Yes charge away fans for unsold seats 

I only go to a night game with my 2 boys if it’s in the school holidays.The same with the 2 family groups that I go with.

Marvellous Marvin and his gas head crony in chief have introduced the dopey parking zone so it’s a right nause to find parking for some as well.

We had a shocker at brum Saturday as well so I’m not surprised that is was a low crowd.

I love the night games usually and I’m sure until recently (parking zone) the crowds weren’t particularly lower? Perhaps some stato on here can correct me.

Anyway a much needed win last night and looking forward to Saturday with our good friends from South London.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The turtle said:

Now that's how you manufacture figures 

Screenshot_20221013_105026_com.android.chrome.jpg

Some American sports fans are complete morons. If the team cared that much they could've donated them to a local school or hospital.

5 hours ago, Super said:

Given how bad it is getting to anywhere in Bristol these days is there any reason why our games can't be 8pm ko?

8PM would be worse for me. Already don't get home until 11PM as it is.

Edited by TBW