IGNORED

Rob k

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Unusually for me I didn't take many photos last night but these a couple if people want to discuss the view from the Dolman. 

IMG_20221012_205316.jpg

IMG_20221012_205313.jpg

IMG_20221012_205304.jpg

Hey! There’s someone in my seat and it wasn’t me!

I’ve studied all the evidence and the answer is 13,098.

The club do have the answer to this and have published the real attendance very occasionally in the past. Maybe we should ask them. 

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Hey! There’s someone in my seat and it wasn’t me!

I’ve studied all the evidence and the answer is 13,098.

The club do have the answer to this and have published the real attendance very occasionally in the past. Maybe we should ask them. 

It's actually 13,097 - The guy in the top right of the stand just has his legs over the seat in front so it looks like two people. 

• Haha 3

There’s a lot of this “£35 for a game” comment going round on this one. 
If the attendance was given as 17,400, and we have 13,500 season tickets, and the away fans brought 400, then approximately 3,500 city fans ‘paid on the day’. 
The true reason for this thread here is not that only 3,500 fans paid on the day, it’s that approximately 4,000 season ticket holders didn’t show up. 
But, I’d imagine the majority of those are kids who won’t go on a school night (certainly there weren’t too many kids around us in the family stand). 
If we had all 13,500 st’s show up, and had sold 3,500 potd, plus a full away end, then we’re nearly up to the 20k that we’d consider decent. So 3,500 potd isn’t actually too bad for a Tuesday vs a dull opponent 

Much as I sympathise with the high cost for POTD, if the cost had been cut to (say) £20 for 2,500 (I know @Harry said 3500 but some will be kids), the club would need to recoup £37,500 to break even in comparison - so an additional 1875 seats would need to be sold(or equivalent through extra profit on merch sales). My guess is the club will have got more from the £35+ price point...