IGNORED

Gulf in class.

Robbored

Rangers 1 Liverpool 7……….……….:rofl2br:and Liverpool hammered them with half their team missing.

Even more evidence that the Scottish Premier is of poor quality and has always been a two horse race - consequently neither Glasgow clubs hold their own in the Champions League. That’s both of them out of the competition.

I can’t wait to listen to TS later this morning.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Rangers 1 Liverpool 7……….……….:rofl2br:and Liverpool hammered them with half their team missing.

Even more evidence that the Scottish Premier is of poor quality and has always been a two horse race - consequently neither Glasgow clubs hold their own in the Champions League. That’s both of them out of the competition.

Bit odd, I don’t think anyone thinks otherwise?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You seem obsessed with Scottish football

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, harrys said:

You seem obsessed with Scottish football

Not obsessed, irritated by it tho when pundits rave on about unbeaten runs or wins as if it means something. The only real test that the Old Firm have is when they play each other.

Personally I’d like to see both Glasgow clubs playing in the English Leagues - never going to happen tho.

• Sad 1

There is a world of difference between the PL and SPL finance being the main one. Rangers did superbly last season to reach a major final but would always struggle against the better teams in Europe. I would guess that not one Rangers player would get into the Liverpool Squad.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not obsessed, irritated by it tho when pundits rave on about unbeaten runs or wins as if it means something. The only real test that the Old Firm have is when they play each other.

Personally I’d like to see both Glasgow clubs playing in the English Leagues - never going to happen tho.

And what league would they come in to?

4 minutes ago, Super said:

There's 2 parts to that question.

In terms of fairness, they can't just go into the Prem

In terms of competitiveness, I've no doubt if Rangers and/or Celtic were in the Prem with that big money they'd be as big a pull as any of the top clubs for top players

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

There's 2 parts to that question.

In terms of fairness, they can't just go into the Prem

In terms of competitiveness, I've no doubt if Rangers and/or Celtic were in the Prem with that big money they'd be as big a pull as any of the top clubs for top players

Absolutely right and there’s a third question - what would happen to the Scottish Premier without the Old Firm?

32 minutes ago, Super said:

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely right and there’s a third question - what would happen to the Scottish Premier without the Old Firm?

The entire Scottish (and Welsh and N Irish) leagues should be absorbed into the English League system. Which should then be renamed and rebranded to be the United Kingdom Football League.

The top level of each regional league should sit alongside the current National Leagues North and South, and then each of those five leagues - the English North and South, the Scottish, the Welsh, and the N Irish, get one team promoted into the National League each season. The lower leagues of Scotland, Wales and N Ireland continue to operate to feed teams into the National League.

At each step above this level I would increase promotion and relegation by 1.

Basically properly integrate it all into a single national League system. Then let Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, TNS, Linfield and the rest find their place within the system.

Simultaneously the regional FAs become true regional FAs under the current English FA.

As ana side I'd also generally dispense with the 4 national sides and amalgamate a single UK side for all international competitions.

I am well aware that this will not happen.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Agree Scottish league is dull though, when only 2 teams ever win it.

Yet hundreds of thousands watch the championship.... Where every season at least 2 of the 3 teams going up will be from the 3 that came down the previous season...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Didn’t the second best team in Scotland go further in the Europa League last year than any English team, just to play Devil’s advocate? Still not a bad achievement.

Agree Scottish league is dull though, when only 2 teams ever win it.

Head Coach What GIF by Bristol City FC

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Super said:

There is a world of difference between the PL and SPL finance being the main one. Rangers did superbly last season to reach a major final but would always struggle against the better teams in Europe. I would guess that not one Rangers player would get into the Liverpool Squad.

Just listened to Simon Jordan discussing this on Talksport.

In 3 premier league games Liverpool receive as much money as do the entire Scottish Premiership over an entire season.

Liverpool's total revenues are on the region of £500m pa while Rangers' is around £60m.

A gulf in class is therefore hardly a surprise!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

And there was me thinking this was going to be about Danny Wilson and Gary Johnson….

Or Bristol City and Preston…… was you there last night @Robbored?

But **** me oh no. It’s another of your favourites.

Isn’t Thursday early Post Office day to get your pension? Where’s that emoji you like?

??‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t know what’s expected of these teams, football is now geared up for 3 divisions and 1 other team who have a lot of money. How does anyone expect rangers or Celtic to complete in the CL? They may get the odd good result but overall they don’t have the finance to compete. And it’s not like Liverpool and Man City have not done this in the Premier league either is it. 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not this again!  If Rangers or Celtic were in the English leagues they would have the same money as the English teams have and therefore would attract top players and would be two huge clubs.  Scottish football doesn't get the same finances so they don't get the top players so they aren't as good.  Seems some people think being Scottish makes them somehow inferior to the English, when it's obviously all about the money

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I would be appalled at the two Glasgow clubs being allowed into the Premiership.

It would make it even more difficult  for the likes of Bristol City to make it to the top tier.

Perhaps more importantly the two Glasgow clubs playing in England would exponentially increase issues of disorder & crowd control. Fans from both clubs perpetuate sectarian hatred with their vile songs and lack of mutual respect. There’s nothing wrong with local rivalry, but the sectarian hatred is not something we want within the top English league.

I remind myself that Berwick is in England but plays in the Scottish league - curiously their fans were banned from displaying English flags at away matches. 

it is appreciated that there’s rivalry between English & Welsh clubs and people - but generally it’s little more than that.  Both societally and in football terms, it would be a retrograde step to allow the Glasgow clubs into English football.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

The entire Scottish (and Welsh and N Irish) leagues should be absorbed into the English League system. Which should then be renamed and rebranded to be the United Kingdom Football League.

The top level of each regional league should sit alongside the current National Leagues North and South, and then each of those five leagues - the English North and South, the Scottish, the Welsh, and the N Irish, get one team promoted into the National League each season. The lower leagues of Scotland, Wales and N Ireland continue to operate to feed teams into the National League.

At each step above this level I would increase promotion and relegation by 1.

Basically properly integrate it all into a single national League system. Then let Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, TNS, Linfield and the rest find their place within the system.

Simultaneously the regional FAs become true regional FAs under the current English FA.

As ana side I'd also generally dispense with the 4 national sides and amalgamate a single UK side for all international competitions.

I am well aware that this will not happen.

Be great to pop up to Aberdeen for an evening match.!! Hard enough getting across Bristol some of the time!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

NO, NO THRICE NO.

Why so that we stand even less chance to get there?

Just because three Welsh clubs have been there for more than 100 years doesn't mean that we should turn the top tier into a British Premier League to satisfy two clubs from a country where a significant number of citizens want to be independent from GB/England.

• Like 1