IGNORED

Gulf in class.

Robbored

• Admin
4 hours ago, Super said:

There is a world of difference between the PL and SPL finance being the main one. Rangers did superbly last season to reach a major final but would always struggle against the better teams in Europe. I would guess that not one Rangers player would get into the Liverpool Squad.

Not just those leagues, both the Glasgow sides are out of their depth against the other sides in their groups

17 minutes ago, cockneydave said:

Be great to pop up to Aberdeen for an evening match.!! Hard enough getting across Bristol some of the time!!

Less distance and time than Marseille to Brest, Marseille to Lille or Seville to Bilbao. Plenty of other national leagues and fans cope with those kinds of distances. Even only a little further than Plymouth to Carlisle.

The question was asked how to integrate the Scottish clubs into the English league system. What I posted would be my suggestion. There would be issues, but it's a hypothetical question.

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Less distance and time than Marseille to Brest, Marseille to Lille or Seville to Bilbao. Plenty of other national leagues and fans cope with those kinds of distances. Even only a little further than Plymouth to Carlisle.

Hmm....

I'm not so sure, but I doubt it is less expensive.

Travel comfort, with a guaranteed seat for you and your children - 32€. Bargain.

Votre trajet Marseille - Lille en bref :

Prix minimum adulte : 16€
Gare de départ : Marseille Saint – Charles,
Gare d'arrivée : Lille flandres
Durée du trajet : 4h30
Prix minimum enfant : 8€

5 hours ago, nick jones of hereford said:

I would be appalled at the two Glasgow clubs being allowed into the Premiership.

It would make it even more difficult  for the likes of Bristol City to make it to the top tier.

Perhaps more importantly the two Glasgow clubs playing in England would exponentially increase issues of disorder & crowd control. Fans from both clubs perpetuate sectarian hatred with their vile songs and lack of mutual respect. There’s nothing wrong with local rivalry, but the sectarian hatred is not something we want within the top English league.

I remind myself that Berwick is in England but plays in the Scottish league - curiously their fans were banned from displaying English flags at away matches. 

it is appreciated that there’s rivalry between English & Welsh clubs and people - but generally it’s little more than that.  Both societally and in football terms, it would be a retrograde step to allow the Glasgow clubs into English football.

Maybe Rangers and Celtic could replace Worcester and Wasps in the Premiership.  The cash would be useful although the players may struggle.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely right and there’s a third question - what would happen to the Scottish Premier without the Old Firm?

Many in Scotland believe that without the bigot brothers the SPL would thrive.

More teams would have the opportunity to win trophies which in turn would increase attendances.

When either of the ugly sisters travel, yes they bring their support but, they also bring trouble meaning higher policing and stewarding costs for the home club.

Despite the CL results Scottish football is starting to thrive with a lot of young talent being produced, many of whom are playing abroad.

Personally I would love to see them both go but who is going to have them?

There is no way that they should simply walk into the EPL but, as SAF said last week, were it to happen, within 5 years they would be challenging for the top 6 with the extra revenue available.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Two birds with one stones this time, very impressive Robbo

Yes we know you love Liverpool and hate Scottish football

GJ getting the Aberdeen job would be the icing on the cake for him! :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Maybe just expand the PL to allow the Glasgow clubs in………….:dunno:

I can remember Football League Division 1 with 22 clubs in it, but I believe it was enshrined that the Prem will consist of 20 clubs.

In a radio interview the Celtic Chairman stated Celtic Rangers should be allowed in the Prem so they would be used to facing strong opponents and would therefore be better equipped to play n Europe.

Hmm; nothing there about contributing to the Prem, just  how beneficial it would be to them.