IGNORED

Millwall at home match thread

16 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I know I get slaughtered for it but I genuinely cannot remember a manager who has got away with as much as this one. 

2 years almost - and our defending is just as bad now as it was when he arrived. Embarrassing 

The bloke talks a great game, and everyone laps it up, “he’s such an intelligent coach blah blah “ - but the reality is very little has improved in his time here.

Get a coach in who can actually improve us please 

Needs more than that. Recruitment is not good either. Finances play a part but after this season our core will be players like Conway, James, Naismith, wilson, tanner, Atkinson, bajic, Weimann and williams. There are no real building blocks that will still be here.

We did not go in enough on younger players probably to do with the dinosaur making decisions. We slaughtered Johnson for doing things like chucking 4 strikers on when a goal needed. The fascination with this formation and 2 in midfield is odd. Like the definition of insanity we keep trotting out there like it will just work this time. Why has he broken up the Conway and Wells pairing? Seems like he was itching to drop Wells. 

I tried to get on board but outside of a couple 4-5 game stretches we usually look second best. Still problems on set pieces. Recruited slow and weak players. The coaching during the game seems to be mostly Euell and Fleming. Even if we stay up this season are we willing to give the bloke in his last season a clean slate? Not for me. This is going to be a real rebuild and we need someone committed and much fresher with their ideas and solutions. Not sure if we should speed the process up and let go soon with a world cup to use to train up or let him see this out. 

• Like 1
Just now, Keepers Ball said:

Keep reading no money blah blah blah.

Fair enough. Doesn't help but then there are plenty of sides in the same boat and less attractive yet doing better. Add to the fact we have a pig headed Manager who doesn't use the loan option. 

Most teams in the division have no money. It's like the Tories with their 3 word slogans trying to get through shambles after shambles 

No money.

It's Johnson's fault.

It's ashtons fault.

Parachute payments.

Etc etc 

2 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Happy clapping your way through this doesn't change the fact that we are awful and that Pearson needs to go

Maybe I’m just a bit more balanced , realistic and can’t be arsed to post the sort of negative parrot whining , and only whining that you do 

I don’t have all the answers but if you think sacking Pearson and starting again with the same set of players and restrictions is the answer ....... good luck.....your incessant whining will become louder

And I’ll ask you again - Who is your suggestion as a replacement 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

Keep reading no money blah blah blah.

Fair enough. Doesn't help but then there are plenty of sides in the same boat and less attractive yet doing better. Add to the fact we have a pig headed Manager who doesn't use the loan option. 

You’ve acknowledged we have no money , so how do we bring in loan players ? Still likely to have to pay a loan fee , a percentage of wages

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Maybe I’m just a bit more balanced , realistic and can’t be arsed to post the sort of negative parrot whining , and only whining that you do 

I don’t have all the answers but if you think sacking Pearson and starting again with the same set of players and restrictions is the answer ....... good luck.....your incessant whining will become louder

Dyche

• Haha 1

That was an absolutely dreadful performance from City. Millwall were poor, but we were worse. Soft goals from set pieces conceded yet again and a lack of creativity. 

When we lost the ball from our own throw in, which led to them gaining their penalty - that just about sums up what we are like at the moment. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

The Plymouth manager .

But as I've said it's pointless. I don't know what we could afford. If he would want to come or many many other factors 

15 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Pathetic performance. Crowd is totally apathetic towards it now and can't even be bothered to moan another miss placed pass or cross. That crowd won't turn they will.just stop showing up 

You don’t half talk some shit. 

Who’s going to stop turning up? Fair weather fans. Some of us have been there all through the reigns of SOD, McInnes, Osman etc.. suffered through division 4. 

This is a walk in the park. If you want to **** off, **** off. But can you **** off from this forum as well. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 3

We’re almost always terrible against Millwall at home & it was a real “something & nothing” performance from us today.

Went in hoping for a decent result but deep down knowing it was probably going to be a tough, physical match we wouldn’t win.

We’ll bounce back but missing Naismith dictating our play.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Needs more than that. Recruitment is not good either. Finances play a part but after this season our core will be players like Conway, James, Naismith, wilson, tanner, Atkinson, bajic, Weimann and williams. There are no real building blocks that will still be here.

We did not go in enough on younger players probably to do with the dinosaur making decisions. We slaughtered Johnson for doing things like chucking 4 strikers on when a goal needed. The fascination with this formation and 2 in midfield is odd. Like the definition of insanity we keep trotting out there like it will just work this time. Why has he broken up the Conway and Wells pairing? Seems like he was itching to drop Wells. 

I tried to get on board but outside of a couple 4-5 game stretches we usually look second best. Still problems on set pieces. Recruited slow and weak players. The coaching during the game seems to be mostly Euell and Fleming. Even if we stay up this season are we willing to give the bloke in his last season a clean slate? Not for me. This is going to be a real rebuild and we need someone committed and much fresher with their ideas and solutions. Not sure if we should speed the process up and let go soon with a world cup to use to train up or let him see this out. 

Brilliant post 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, David Brent said:

“over hyped” ???

Yes, over hyped.  He is not a solid Championship striker and certainly not a striker at a higher level.
just think off the top of your head of really first rate strikers we have had in the past at this level.  He is nowhere near Cole,, Goater, Curtis, Garland, let alone Atyeo.  And many more.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

You don’t half talk some shit. 

Who’s going to stop turning up? Fair weather fans. Some of us have been there all through the reigns of SOD, McInnes, Osman etc.. suffered through division 4. 

This is a walk in the park. If you want to **** off, **** off. But can you **** off from this forum as well. 

Touched a nerve princess? 

There were about 12k there on Wednesday for a start. Keep that shit up and it will follow on Saturdays

I have no issues with getting beat, what I can't fathom is no consistency. On Wednesday we dominated a Preston who had won at Norwich and many expected to give us a game and probably beat us, a draw would have been deemed a good result. On the back of that game, we should have been expected to at least get a draw today, but more importantly a performance.

We never looked like we bothered and we are so inconsistent, I wonder if half the players even give a damn.

It's so frustrating.