IGNORED

Quote of the season

Unan

20 minutes ago, Harry said:

The thing that the common fan doesn’t understand is that managers look for a performance as much as a result. 
You’ll hear it from Pearson most weeks, as well as most other managers. 
The theory being that, if your performance is good, then in the majority of cases the result should follow. 
In this game, Hibs had 64% possession, 18 shots, 7 on target (vs Dundee Utds 1), nearly twice as many passes than their opponent, with a pass accuracy of nearly 80%. 
On paper, and on the pitch, the actual performance was dominant and in most cases, this would normally end in a positive result. This time it didn’t. And that will always happen on occasion. 
So to the common fan, it’s a bollox comment but to him and his players, they’ll be happy with the performance. 

To be fair, he’s got them 3rd in the table after 10 games, so given that 3rd place is the best you’re ever gonna get in that league, he ain’t doing too bad so far. 

It’s a crap Premiership in Scotland with only two clubs that can win it. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

The thing that the common fan doesn’t understand is that managers look for a performance as much as a result. 
The theory being that, if your performance is good, then in the majority of cases the result should follow. 
In this game, Hibs had 64% possession, 18 shots, 7 on target (vs Dundee Utds 1), nearly twice as many passes than their opponent, with a pass accuracy of nearly 80%. 
On paper, and on the pitch, the actual performance was dominant and in most cases, this would normally end in a positive result. This time it didn’t. And that will always happen on occasion. 
So to the common fan, it’s a bollox comment but to him and his players, they’ll be happy with the performance. 

To be fair, he’s got them 3rd in the table after 10 games, so given that 3rd place is the best you’re ever gonna get in that league, he ain’t doing too bad so far. 

????listen to this one. The all knowing football ******* connoisseur……I’ll tell you something, as one of plenty on here that have played this game to a half decent standard I can guarantee that most of the players will be laughing at him for talking so much shit and persuading people like you to buy into it.

I await the Pearson interview on the next “percentile” win with interest.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is all true. His mistake though is not stopping at the word "performance". Keep the rest to yourself and to the training ground where you can go through the data in context with your coaches and players.

To the media and fans simply say "I'm disappointed with the result but I can't be disappointed with the performance."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

17 minutes ago, Malago said:

I’m with Lee.  How much more fun would football be, if we did away with the tiresome bother of having to put the ball in the back of the net, and simply awarded the 3 points to the team with the best percentiles.

The Hibs fans will soon be telling LJ where he can stick his percentiles - sideways!

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He’s just the same - talks a lot of bollocks interrupted by hot air and waffle.

I reckon his reign at City will likely be the longest of his managerial career.

And yet you were supportive of him until a short time before his sacking. Changed soon after, naturally.

22 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

This is all true. His mistake though is not stopping at the word "performance". Keep the rest to yourself and to the training ground where you can go through the data in context with your coaches and players.

To the media and fans simply say "I'm disappointed with the result but I can't be disappointed with the performance."

Yep, so agree…know your audience.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It’s true and it’s also completely and utterly obvious in terms of the comments on performance. Your final sentence was all that needed to be said, nothing more or less. Can anyone on here name ONE other Manager who is talking about winning games on percentiles? It sounds like a concept that Charles Hughes would have invented……….

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s true and it’s also completely and utterly obvious in terms of the comments on performance. Your final sentence was all that needed to be said, nothing more or less. Can anyone on here name ONE other Manager who is talking about winning games on percentiles? It sounds like a concept that Charles Hughes would have invented……….

Heard an u21 / u23 coach last season in a post match media interview start talking about how many times they'd got it into zone 14…and other stuff like that.  ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Heard an u21 / u23 coach last season in a post match media interview start talking about how many times they'd got it into zone 14…and other stuff like that.  ??‍♂️

Wow. The beeb only used eight when they started footy commentary http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/1760579.stm

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

The Hibs fans will soon be telling LJ where he can stick his percentiles - sideways!

Looking at the Hibees forum they were of a similar opinion, their only problem is the lack of a prolific striker. They think he has done really well with a mediocre squad, they are ostensibly the "best of the rest" in that league at the moment.

• Thanks 1