IGNORED

Hasta la vista baby

BigAl&Toby

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

If you ever get the chance watch the highlights of City’s first match back in Division 1 when Cheesley terrified the Arsenal defence. Here’s a shorted version 

And how many sweet Crosses from Whitehead. Now we could do with that in today's city side 

10 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Another vote for Geoff Merrick. An incredibly “modern” central defender in a different era. Better than Adam Webster in my view. And - controversial view here - pushing him out of position to play Norman Hunter was a questionable decision.

I remember being told by Les Bardsley that Alan Dick's had told Geoff that if he worked on the position he would play for England. From the way things went I am guessing that Merrick didn't feel that way.

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I remember being told by Les Bardsley that Alan Dick's had told Geoff that if he worked on the position he would play for England. From the way things went I am guessing that Merrick didn't feel that way.

Interesting. I remember thinking at the time that he was similar to Bobby Moore.

• Like 1

We’d.luck and Atyeo for true quality, bordering on fooTball genius.  I believe both would easily adapt to the modern game, altho Fatty might have to lose a stone or three!

But also for their whole hearted commitment in every game.  When I watched City with Atyeo playing I never lost hope.  He could easily win any game on his own with football magic.  When my grandfather watched City with Wedlock in it he always expected clean sheets.

I would walk a million miles for one of John’s goals, or at least face the cost of reaching Ashton Gate from deepest Sussex.