IGNORED

Hasta la vista baby

BigAl&Toby

Well, well, well.

Maybe it was all planned. Maybe he’s waiting in the wings, waiting to do a Winston.

Nothing political about the post but a simple, easy question. 

Who would you like to see return to the hallowed turf in BS3. Player, manager, backroom staff. And why?

@Robbored will go for his beloved Danny Wilson ??‍♂️…….

Me? Terry Cooper - player or manager. A man who demonstrated values and commitment that few now no longer possess.

Them’s the breaks. Over to you!

1FA88623-F752-43AB-9CF8-709FFB319FD1.jpeg.6c9c4fb2edf032c3cd8db02ab03a1a9a.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

As @Robbored mentioned I'd love to see Gerry Gow but he'd never really fit with todays game. Norman Hunter for similar reasons. A manager? Terry Cooper. He achieved a lot with very little

Terry Cooper's reign was prior to the Social Media age, I wonder what the pressure on him would have been like when we lost 7-1 at Northampton Town and were rock bottom of the 4th division? Would the fans have given him the time to turn things around?

I have said similar about the 6 seasons it took Alan Dick's to build his team.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Terry Cooper's reign was prior to the Social Media age, I wonder what the pressure on him would have been like when we lost 7-1 at Northampton Town and were rock bottom of the 4th division? Would the fans have given him the time to turn things around?

And unfortunately comments like (para phrase) ‘I was expecting more’ last season from invisible Jon don’t help when Nige is in the process of building a squad capable of reaching the PL.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Robbored said:

And unfortunately comments like (para phrase) ‘I was expecting more’ last season from invisible Jon don’t help when Nige is in the process of building a squad capable of reaching the PL.

Still here though isn't he? I was expecting a bit more last season too, if you asked Pearson he would probably admit we underachieved. What has your point got to do with the power of Social Media?

In terms of players playing right now, and who are of an age where they could still contribute, Luke Ayling is probably the one who'd improve the team the most. I think Kelly is better (but left-sided), Webster is better but a bit too similar to our other defenders and I loved Tammy when he was here but his is not a priority position. 

In terms of anyone I've ever seen play for us. I think Marvin Elliott in his first season vintage is the player who'd improve us the most. Maybe an odd choice but - as @IAmNick says, a lot of my favourite players played for us at League One level and I'm not sure they'd actually be as good as we hoped in the Championship today. 

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I know I'll no doubt get some flak for this but they were both League 1 players and wouldn't get in our team.

Not taking anything away from them as they were quality for us at the time of course.

I think they would have both been able to perform at a higher level in the right side. I actually think they both would have fit into our current set up well, at their respective peaks. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It's annoying but we have to accept that some people,,despite their position lack grace & sense - Nigel shrugged it off pretty well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Noble or basso in this team. Both be nice.

Not sure about Basso - too inconsistent.  Noble was a far classier version of Palmer but with KPs unfortunate knack of going awol. Not sure that Nige would tolerate that.

That said maybe Nige would have got the consistency out of Noble that every other manager failed to do...:dunno:

Edited by Robbored

I can only go on players I watched live….so can’t choose Collier, who I think would be the most needed positionally, followed by a CM.  I saw Gow but I was just too young, so didn’t really appreciate him.

So I’m now in the realms of non-Div One players.

In more recent times, the one player who I think we’ve never replaced was Marvin Elliott.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I was there and I would say that all the 2,500 City fans clapped  the teenagers plus a couple or four oldies, off the field. They gave their all that day for the red shirt.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Wonder how Paul Cheesly would do up  against modern day centrebacks

If you ever get the chance watch the highlights of City’s first match back in Division 1 when Cheesley terrified the Arsenal defence. Here’s a shorted version 

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1