IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match thread

7 minutes ago, Bizyer said:

29 years of hurt overturned in 90 minutes.  Great result and a clean sheet despite 13 (THIRTEEN) corners.

Frank Skinner, Adrian Chiles (can't think of any others) Your guys took a hellllllllllll of a beating

Well, not quite, but a great win all the same.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 6

Great result, great win.

After Saturday plus the Birmingham away disaster, plus our record at WBA I had little hope tonight, I would have gladly taken a point.

We can do it, clearly. Semenyo and Wells the men in possession? Weimann benched, James in. More cohesive side with him in, more stable. Also believe James, Scott and Williams has some potential in a central 3.

Scott- Well what can we say.

James- Stability, nous.

Williams- Energy, some bite, yes a goal.

All technically sound.

One game but I do believe all of these are best suited to a 3 with each other.

It is a fantastic way to respond to Saturday though- the key now is to go again, again and again. I thought to a lesser extent, the Preston win was a strong response to the Birmingham game too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 4
Just now, Midred said:

I notice that we've played 1 or 2 more games than alot of other teams, how so?

The main one is the round of games that was cancelled recently, we are the only team to have ‘made it up’, against Preston last mid week. Got the 3 points, maybe it cost us a bit against Millwall who had a full week break. Given the League Cup as well made sense for us to get it in early.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

League is tight. Bit of level headedness wouldn’t go a miss from a small minority on here. Championship is a mighty competitive league with most around the same standard. I fully expect the rollercoaster to continue. 

Yes, ok 

But I think we are good enough to finish top half -But only if we can avoid injuries and enough players keep form.  Tonight shows we are competitive and was Nige able before next season to have the money for two first team players we would be finally on our way to a top six finish. But we may still not have the cash and attendances are likely to fall given cost of living crisis.  We do need to remain patient 

8 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Goodnight NP lovers :banana:

?

Maybe you should get a life and understand that if someone doesn't support a Manager or a Chairman or an Owner doesn't necessarily  mean they don't support City if they win? Just in case you want to quote me this season( having been highly critical before)  - you're welcome and I do quotes- I love quotes .

What is it about being able to criticise anything about BCFC ( of which there is much) but not being allowed to celebrate a win ?

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Worried?

Not going to lie…yes, I was, a little! Results like today mean a huge amount in terms of settling nerves.

With the league so tight, I imagine we feel like at least a dozen set of fans in this league. Thinking, get a small run together, play like we know how we can, we can make the top six. Lose a couple of key players, play as badly as we do from time to time, that bottom scrap is not that far away.

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Maybe you should get a life and understand that if someone doesn't support a Manager or a Chairman or an Owner doesn't necessarily  mean they don't support City if they win? Just in case you want to quote me this season( having been highly critical before)  - you're welcome and I do quotes- I love quotes .

What is it about being able to criticise anything about BCFC ( of which there is much) but not being allowed to celebrate a win ?

By the same token you are allowed to hold the opinion that Nige is doing a good enough job in tough circumstances without needing to be labelled a “NP Lover” by people who don’t share that opinion. Works both ways unless it’s only your opinion that counts.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1
5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Problem is there is no middle ground for the happy clappers of this club and never has been. You either blindly support every last bit of the club or if you don’t your not a true City fan in their eyes. It’s boring and predictable.

As you said there has been PLENTY at this club to criticise over the years and people aren’t any less of a fan for pointing the faults out, quite the opposite actually.

Anyway great win tonight, finally put the horrendous WBA away record to bed. 

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Maybe you should learn to read. I have never said that others are not city supporters if they criticise or fail to support the manager. Just as others are not ‘happy clappers’ when they do support a manager.

Enjoy the win.

• Like 5

You can’t say Nige isn’t a survivor. Last week was the second time in his tenure I’ve started to lose faith but he’s pulled me right back in tonight. He got it near enough spot on; starting line up, subs, game management, everything. 

We are inconsistent but what is consistently clear is we rely on a few players to make us tick as a unit. They’re coming back in now. 

• Like 4