IGNORED

Ronaldo

Super

8 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Laughable. I’m not so sure you have all the evidence available to do a full cost benefit analysis but I suspect Ronaldos value has plummeted recently, even before he opened his gob. Post interview his value is even less.

Ive not insulted anyone in this thread. Just stating facts

The guy is a billionaire through sponsorships, the financial impact he has at clubs is well known, try Google...it will save you from looking feckless.

Laughable indeed, you utter clown. Facts.

• Hmmm 1

What did make me laugh was the fact Ronaldo said Sir Alex Ferguson knows better than anyone else that the club ‘isn’t on the right path’.. People seem to forget that it was SAF that originally set the club on this path with the ‘hand picked’ appointment of David Moyes arguably the worst manager out of the lot and supposedly the Glazers had nothing to do with it.

I think United fans have far too much of a simplistic view when it comes to the Glazers, yes they have made poor decisions in regards to Recuriment but they have also made some bloody good ones aswell that just haven’t worked out.

Mourinho and Van Gael on paper were 2 excellent choices and both managers were backed in the transfer market reasonably well. Neither worked out, thats football.

Solskjaer and Rangnick are the ones people will obviously highlight as being poor and admittedly Rangnick was a baffling one but Solskjaer was backed like no other in the summer of 2021. United spent £172m in that summer..

Edited by Bris Red

8 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

“Real people in the know, know Ronaldo is a lovely and caring bloke” ??

Do you ever listen to yourself. Christ

So you know that he’s an arrogant, selfish tosser then, do you? 
From everything I read and see outside of the ‘sensationalist’ reporting, he’s widely respected and known as a nice guy who makes time for everyone, including kids, charities etc. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

So you know that he’s an arrogant, selfish tosser then, do you? 
From everything I read and see outside of the ‘sensationalist’ reporting, he’s widely respected and known as a nice guy who makes time for everyone, including kids, charities etc. 

A lot of players do that. Also a lot of players would come on as sub instead of acting like a child.

Edited by Super

4 minutes ago, Super said:

A lot of players do that. Also a lot of players would come on as sub instead of acting like a child.

Yeah a lot of players do that. And so does he. He’s known as a nice bloke, not an arrogant tosser. 
As for the sub thing - I’m not sure of the whole story but didn’t Ten Hag not bring him on as he said it wasn’t worth it for 5 minutes when 6-3 down, rather than Ronaldo refusing? 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yeah a lot of players do that. And so does he. He’s known as a nice bloke, not an arrogant tosser. 
As for the sub thing - I’m not sure of the whole story but didn’t Ten Hag not bring him on as he said it wasn’t worth it for 5 minutes when 6-3 down, rather than Ronaldo refusing? 

It was the Spurs game.

Asked at his pre-match press conference whether Ronaldo had refused to come on a substitute against Spurs, Ten Hag said: “Yes.”

37 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Shock! Footballer and woman have consensual sex and then woman files rape allegation. 
Happens a lot. 

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Super said:

It was the Spurs game.

Asked at his pre-match press conference whether Ronaldo had refused to come on a substitute against Spurs, Ten Hag said: “Yes.”

Don’t you think this could have been the culmination of weeks and months of tension between them? 
Given that it was a couple of weeks since Ten Hag didn’t bring him on v Man City for the last 5 minutes and he so say wanted to protect Ronaldo’s reputation, and then a couple of games later then wants him to go on in the 87th minute. 
I’d guess Ronaldo possibly thought this wasn’t consistent from Ten Hag, and given the clear issues there have been prior to that, maybe this was the final straw. 
Of course, Ronaldo was wrong to have done that, and he later said so himself, and that it was the pressure of the situation. 
There is clearly a huge lack of respect between the 2 of them, for which we don’t yet know the full reasons. But it’s clear that the situation was coming to a crescendo at that moment 

20 minutes ago, Harry said:

Shock! Footballer and woman have consensual sex and then woman files rape allegation. 
Happens a lot. 

But even he admitted she said no multiple times

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6447649/amp/Ronaldo-admitted-rape-accuser-Kathryn-Mayorga-said-no-multiple-times-apologised-sex.html

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

I’m sure she did. To make sure she had a story to tell and a claim to make. 
I think it’s pretty clear that the two of them had a sexual encounter that they were both happy to have. 

23 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m sure she did. To make sure she had a story to tell and a claim to make. 
I think it’s pretty clear that the two of them had a sexual encounter that they were both happy to have. 

Not gonna go into this cuz I like your posts about City and we are all entitled to our opinions, only them 2 really know what happened as do United and Ronaldo

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

Not like you have an agenda.

Random article, geez what a bell he is...

https://www.givemesport.com/1567721-cristiano-ronaldo-21-things-hes-done-off-the-pitch-that-proves-hes-an-incredible-guy

Oh wait lots of footballers do this hey ttt.

I have no agenda, just an opinion. I saw his interview tonight - incredibly sad about the death of his baby. No idea why you are so triggered 

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I have no agenda, just an opinion. I saw his interview tonight - incredibly sad about the death of his baby. No idea why you are so triggered 

It is awful, something no one should suffer.

Triggered moi? No no monsieur.

All opinions, just no need to be an ass. 

Edited by RedHienz
  • Hmmm 1

Fading star on the decline bemoans the youth of today. The don't work as hard as him, and so won't achieve what he has achieved. Why do generations constantly do down their successors? It's a bizarre human trait.

"Ronaldo also hit out at younger players making their way through the professional game, claiming “they don’t suffer – and they don’t care. Their hunger [is different] … I think they have things more easily, everything’s easy.”

“They don’t care – some ones, yes, but most of them no,” he added. “But for me that is not surprising because they are not going to have longevity in their careers. It is impossible. In my generation you see many players reach 36, 37, 38 at a high level and I think this generation you will count on one hand how many will reach that level.”"

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Fading star on the decline bemoans the youth of today. The don't work as hard as him, and so won't achieve what he has achieved. Why do generations constantly do down their successors? It's a bizarre human trait.

"Ronaldo also hit out at younger players making their way through the professional game, claiming “they don’t suffer – and they don’t care. Their hunger [is different] … I think they have things more easily, everything’s easy.”

“They don’t care – some ones, yes, but most of them no,” he added. “But for me that is not surprising because they are not going to have longevity in their careers. It is impossible. In my generation you see many players reach 36, 37, 38 at a high level and I think this generation you will count on one hand how many will reach that level.”"

I think his point is that when he was a young player, he looked up to the senior pro’s, and did everything he could to learn from them, and dedicated his time to improving himself every day. 
His experience is now that the youngsters are mostly not interested in working hard to ensure they a)improve and b)attain longevity in their careers. 

It’s sound advice from someone who’s been there and done it. 
It’s not a case of him being a bitter old pro, it’s a case of simply being surprised that young players would not dedicate themselves in the same way as he once did. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I think his point is that when he was a young player, he looked up to the senior pro’s, and did everything he could to learn from them, and dedicated his time to improving himself every day. 
His experience is now that the youngsters are mostly not interested in working hard to ensure they a)improve and b)attain longevity in their careers. 

It’s sound advice from someone who’s been there and done it. 
It’s not a case of him being a bitter old pro, it’s a case of simply being surprised that young players would not dedicate themselves in the same way as he once did. 

But is he not an exceptional talent? Isn't he judging the bulk of the "young players" by his exceptional standards? Is that truly fair? If he is the exceptional talent then it should not surprise him that most of the current young players do not work as hard as he did (assuming this is true). Presumably the bulk of his own generation did not work as hard as Ronaldo did.

It's an example of the classic "kids these days" rubbish that has been spouted endlessly by every generation ever. 

Here's Roy Keane in 2004, following Utd's 2-3 home loss to Boro, in which Ronaldo played half an hour as a 19 year old.

""We have worked extremely hard to get to the top but it is a lot harder to stay there," said the 32-year-old. "We have one or two young players who have done very little in the game. They need to remember that and not slacken off. They need to remember just how lucky we all are to play for Manchester United and show that out on the pitch.""

Edited by ExiledAjax