IGNORED

Ronaldo

Super

This part made me laugh:

"I don't know why he [Wayne Rooney] criticises me so badly... probably because he finished his career and I'm still playing at a high level," said Ronaldo.

"I'm not going to say that I'm looking better than him. Which is true…"

Sounds like a petulant teenager...

Strange timing for this interview. He's thrown his toys out of the pram, but managed to get back into the team, so not sure why he'd now rock the boat YET AGAIN. 

Proof it's all about him. He's been an incredible football player, but like everything, all good things come to an end. He obviously can't accept that he isn't 21 anymore and his playing career coming to an end. He's paid an obscene amount of money, I get he's a winner and still wants to play, but should be focusing on helping the younger players, as no doubt they ALL look up to him. 

Can't see him playing for Utd ever again after this. How can he?! 

• Like 1

Probably trying to back them into a corner by telling him to leave, and to find a new club. 

Trouble is, I think if anybody seriously wanted him in the summer, then he would have gone, and man utd wouldn't have stood in the way. 

Wages will be the big issue wherever he goes, and I don't think many will want to take that on.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

His age is catching up with him and he can't handle it. That's what a lot of this is about.

I won’t alter your post ...?...but I was thinking 

His age is catching up with him and his ridiculous ego  can't handle it. That's what a lot of this is about.

Great player , thoroughly dislikeaboe

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Akira said:

Strange timing for this interview. He's thrown his toys out of the pram, but managed to get back into the team, so not sure why he'd now rock the boat YET AGAIN. 

Proof it's all about him. He's been an incredible football player, but like everything, all good things come to an end. He obviously can't accept that he isn't 21 anymore and his playing career coming to an end. He's paid an obscene amount of money, I get he's a winner and still wants to play, but should be focusing on helping the younger players, as no doubt they ALL look up to him. 

Because he wants out , United still standing they want a fee

He's trying to force their hand

54 minutes ago, Akira said:

It’s the perfect time to construct his bridge out of United, next United games are a week before the January transfer window opens

He has had some bad advice here. He should realise he is not going to get anything better than Man U at this point in his career. No top team is going to pay him what he is earning, with all the distraction he brings. If he had any sense he would keep his head down and try and enjoy the final year or so of his career. All thats open to him now is a disgraceful exit, and ply his trade in the US or some other crappy league. 

I question his decision to join United in the first place.

Ronaldo is a player that expects to be successful, he wants to be the best and that’s respectable.

It was a bad decision for him to join United, they had just finished 3rd but they were massively behind Man City and Liverpool.

For his next move, he now has the decision of whether to go to another continent for money or take a pay cut to be successful in another European league.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don't know exactly whose it idea it was at Man City that made Man Utd think Ronaldo was about to go there at the beginning of last season but, in hindsight, whoever it was an evil genius...

United may of gone for Haaland if they didn't get Ronaldo. Genius move.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Akira said:

Strange timing or perfect timing ?  "If" he has a successful World Cup then I can see a lot of top teams coming back in for him.  Very selfish decision whatever way you look at it,  Piers must be pushing for a move to Arsenal.