IGNORED

Ronaldo

Super

29 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

But is he not an exceptional talent? Isn't he judging the bulk of the "young players" by his exceptional standards? Is that truly fair? If he is the exceptional talent then it should not surprise him that most of the current young players do not work as hard as he did (assuming this is true). Presumably the bulk of his own generation did not work as hard as Ronaldo did.

It's an example of the classic "kids these days" rubbish that has been spouted endlessly by every generation ever. 

Here's Roy Keane in 2004, following Utd's 2-3 home loss to Boro, in which Ronaldo played half an hour as a 19 year old.

""We have worked extremely hard to get to the top but it is a lot harder to stay there," said the 32-year-old. "We have one or two young players who have done very little in the game. They need to remember that and not slacken off. They need to remember just how lucky we all are to play for Manchester United and show that out on the pitch.""

Yes he’s an exceptional talent. But he still had to work hard to realise that talent. 
If he hadn’t have put in the hard work and dedication, he wouldn’t have achieved what he has. Plus he refers to the way they ‘look after themselves’. 
Ronaldos theory has basically been that his mind and body is a temple. That’s what’s helped him to achieve the immense fitness levels and longevity of career. 
Surely it’s good advice to a young player - work hard, do extra practice, look after your body and look after your mind. 

It’s not the fact he’s an exceptional talent. It’s that he dedicated himself to ensuring that exceptional talent wasn’t wasted and achieved its full potential. 
Don’t we all find it rather sad when an exceptional talent goes to waste (Gazza being a prime example, but no doubt there are many on a lower scale to which this is also true). 

11 minutes ago, Midred said:

Man Utd "initiating a response". Do they have to talk to him through his agent/lawyer?

Negotiating a severance package with ten Hag? ?

No surprise. 
Pretty obvious that this interview would lead to a January move. Just a case of whether they offer him out to other clubs and would require a fee, or if they severe his contract and save themselves approx £15-£20 million in wages, leaving him as a free agent.  
I’d imagine it’ll be the latter. No point holding out for a transfer fee when that would unlikely be as much as the wage savings for the next 6 months. 
I’d imagine both parties would be happy with that outcome. 

Edited by Harry

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

No surprise. 
Pretty obvious that this interview would lead to a January move. Just a case of whether they offer him out to other clubs and would require a fee, or if they severe his contract and save themselves approx £15-£20 million in wages, leaving him as a free agent.  
I’d imagine it’ll be the latter. No point holding out for a transfer fee when that would unlikely be as much as the wage savings for the next 6 months. 
I’d imagine both parties would be happy with that outcome. 

If / when he gets his move he’d of got what he wanted. The whole point of the interview. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Man Utd "initiating a response". Do they have to talk to him through his agent/lawyer?

Negotiating a severance package with ten Hag? ?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/18/manchester-united-to-sue-cristiano-ronaldo-and-ban-him-over-interview

Suing him to be exact:

Manchester United have appointed lawyers to sue Cristiano Ronaldo for alleged breach of contract after claims made by the forward in a recent interview, with the club seeking a swift resolution to the issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/18/manchester-united-to-sue-cristiano-ronaldo-and-ban-him-over-interview

Suing him to be exact:

Manchester United have appointed lawyers to sue Cristiano Ronaldo for alleged breach of contract after claims made by the forward in a recent interview, with the club seeking a swift resolution to the issue.

Would be interested to understand what part of it constituted a breach of contract? 
Is it written into a player contract that they can’t speak negatively about the manager, or about ex players, or about club infrastructure? 
Particularly when that manager or ex players have been publically critical of him already. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Would be interested to understand what part of it constituted a breach of contract? 
Is it written into a player contract that they can’t speak negatively about the manager, or about ex players, or about club infrastructure? 
Particularly when that manager or ex players have been publically critical of him already. 

My guess is that the argument would be that publicly stating that the owners of the club don't care about the club and are in it for the money brings the reputation of the club into disrepute. There also might be clauses within his contract related to promoting and marketing the club commercially which they would argue would be broken if he started trashing the club. 

I've not seen his contract but I can certainly see why - whether you agree with his comments or not - United would see it as a breach of contract. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I would imagine for starters that a contract requires players to get clearance from the club ahead of media interviews, which Ronaldo didn't do here.

There may be "bringing the club into disrepute" type clauses among other things.

No doubt we'll find out the legal details in due course but given some of his other actions I suspect he may have breached his contract in multiple ways.

United are said to have taken external legal advice and I doubt they would start the process without being very confident in their position.

• Like 2

On 17/11/2022 at 14:50, alexukhc said:

Is he still a club legend though?

He was a club legend but I doubt anyone will ever say that about him now.  

Ronaldo says he loves the Man Utd fans/supporters but the only person who convinced him not to join Man City was Sir Alex ?

The saddest part in all this is Ronaldo actually believes Piers Morgan is genuine and a friend of his.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

He was a club legend but I doubt anyone will ever say that about him now.  

Ronaldo says he loves the Man Utd fans/supporters but the only person who convinced him not to join Man City was Sir Alex ?

The saddest part in all this is Ronaldo actually believes Piers Morgan is genuine and a friend of his.  

When Piers Morgan talks shit episode 1423.Around the 5 minute mark for anyone interested otherwise you will be wasting your time listening to Jim White before that 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

On 18/11/2022 at 17:12, chinapig said:

I would imagine for starters that a contract requires players to get clearance from the club ahead of media interviews, which Ronaldo didn't do here.

There may be "bringing the club into disrepute" type clauses among other things.

No doubt we'll find out the legal details in due course but given some of his other actions I suspect he may have breached his contract in multiple ways.

United are said to have taken external legal advice and I doubt they would start the process without being very confident in their position.

I would also presume he broke his contract by refusing to play 3mins at the end of the game which has always been done to use time up but he refused so that should be enough.