IGNORED

Reading away match thread

Reading deserve the win and we were lucky to keep it to 0-2 imo. They looked technically so much better than us, relatively easy game for them.

They had 15 attempts on goal with 4 on target, we had 5 attempts with a big fat zero on target.

Very disappointing to see such a difference from the WBA game, but not entirely unexpected.

I can't pick a man of the match for city a poor performance all round. It was such a different performance to the attacking flair we had at the start of the season. No idea how any of our strikers are supposed to feed off any of those long balls.                                                                                                                                           

4 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

What a WEAK PATHETIC BUNCH OF ***** WE HAVE WEARING OUR SHIRTS no fight no passion and no care of the people who pay their wine bill we need to say **** you and all stay away( board would have to act ) cannot put a back to back shift in pathetic team with no belief and useless manager 

Yes ,

With Potch , Tuchel , Stevie G And Steve Bruce all currently available it’s time for serious thought 

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

People need to understand that when you’re shit and you’re turning things round, everything doesn’t happen at once. Things take time. We’re inconsistent but we’re a damn sight better than last season. Our trend is upwards. 

We can’t be world beaters every week. 

Indeed. 11th-16th is where we will will finish, we simply don’t have the depth or quality in the squad to compete any higher at this level irrespective of manager in my opinion.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was there any sort of foul potentially in the build-up to the Reading 2nd or just fair physicality. Not that we deserved anything anyway tbh.

Reasonably okay in possession, no shots on target yeah a loss was fair. We remain a work in progress.

Klose being a pussy mate. Got wrong side, looked for the foul. Rightly didn’t get it. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I actually thought we bossed the game before their goal after which they stepped up a level and started winning the second balls.

I just wonder why all our forwards seem out of sorts all at the same time. 

Oh well this is the Championship. 

I think Semenyo is getting to the point where he fears an injury that would put him out of the world Cup. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was there any sort of foul potentially in the build-up to the Reading 2nd or just fair physicality. Not that we deserved anything anyway tbh.

Reasonably okay in possession, no shots on target yeah a loss was fair. We remain a work in progress.

I think Klose knew he was beaten for pace and attempted to get a foul. What he failed to realise is this is Bristol City and our players need to have a leg shot off to even be considered for a free kick let alone a rather embarrassing ‘ professional ‘ foul. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Major Isewater said:

I think Klose knew he was beaten for pace and attempted to get a foul. What he failed to realise is this is Bristol City and our players need to have a leg shot off to even be considered for a free kick let alone a rather embarrassing ‘ professional ‘ foul. 

In fairness the ref gave us loads of decisions today.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Klose being a pussy mate. Got wrong side, looked for the foul. Rightly didn’t get it. 

Watched it back a couple of times, the clip by Nick.Yeah looked like Klose was weak.

Just now, Major Isewater said:

Yeah true.

I’m so worried about us. There don’t seem to be any stand out poor teams in this division like there have been in the past two seasons that have kept us away from relegation worries. Everybody seems to be picking up points…. Including us for now, but if we fall into a routine of playing like this, we are gonna be nervously looking over our shoulders.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Weve been playing a 5 atb for a year now. It dosent work. Something has to change. 

It won't change. NP is not flexible. He is full of himself. I think every opponent manager knows what to expect from our team. I am waiting for NP to bring something new to the table.

We have players that can play wide as Midfielders not Complete Wing Backs. He can try to play other system...is not that great. 3 at the back with Klose... I don't know. When I see there at the back I would like agile and faster centre backs. How can a Klose cover such amount of space with his granny speed.